• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But it's also a lot of truth.

I've been wondering WTF was going on, lately, since it seems like the Switch storefront is practically anything goes ala mobile games. I've seen so much garbage showing up with poor translations and obvious ports from mobile games it's been annoying to wade through some of it.

Not this shit...
99% of the eshop on switch is on basically every other current console, its not some switch exclusive thing

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
So is this a thread where I can call out this retrograde, mysoginstic bullshit without getting dog piled by people who want to knock clothes off of anime boobs with a pinball?

Siggy

Dec 12, 2017
1fzg6u3.png

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): inflammatory false equivalence surrounding racism
Is it really console wars stuff if the op has both consoles and is speaking the truth?
That's the thing he isn't.
As for owning both it's the gaming equivalent of racists claiming they have black.friends

People are reacting to the tone
Ownership doesnt mean a blank cheque to be a troll. Ironically certain individuals in the other forum would hide behind the same excuse to be asshats and console warriors.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if the OP is upset anime titties are coming to the Switch or just trying to say that now Nintendo fans can't say it's only Sony.

The laughing .gif is a character from Konosuba and the show doesn't exactly treat any of its characters with respect towards women.
You act like Konosuba treats any characters with respect lol.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
As for owning both it's the gaming equivalent of racists claiming they have black.friends

Ownership doesnt mean a blank cheque to be a troll. Ironically certain individuals in the other forum would hide behind the same excuse to be asshats and console warriors.

Please, read what you wrote again.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

Hm.

K den

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Yeah, Nintendo is really tarnishing their family friendly image by allowing this garbage on their platform.

It shouldn't be allowed anywhere but the fact it is allowed on a Nintendo platform is even more surprising and disappointing.

I will never understand this point of view. Especially since most people are fine with games about gunning down as many humans as possible. If you don't like anime fanservice games thats fine, but saying nobody should is kind of fucked up. This titles hurt nobody, just as playing games where you shoot countless people in the face.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
My gf has jumped into a few of the fan-servicey games like the Neko Cafe one and stuff and thinks it's hilarious, to each their own. I get why some people would be upset, though.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
But honestly, it passed the ESRB board without getting an Adult rating, and imo that should be enough for a game to be sold on any storefront. No need to take it out down, once approved, or to be censored.

Last edited:

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I will never understand this point of view. Especially since most people are fine with games about gunning down as many humans as possible. If you don't like anime fanservice games thats fine, but saying nobody should is kind of fucked up. This titles hurt nobody, just as playing games where you shoot countless people in the face.
I thought people had a problem with this game having characters drawn to look like children.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017

Yup. I own both, but I'm totally racist towards the Vita. It's my Nintendo privilege showing.

Ladioss

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User banned (3 days): inflammatory rhetoric and history of similar behaviour
Still surprised to see Nintendo being so lax on this kind of games; it feels strange compared to the Nintendo of the 90s (at least in the west).

Nintendo definitely needs to do some curating thought, their catalogue is a mess.

It shouldn't be allowed anywhere

And gamers should be shot after being sent to reeducation camps - yes, we know.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

Why exactly do I need to pretend their needs to be a market for games where you rub children? This type of shit should totally not exist. Comparing it to shooters is totally off point.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
What is even happening in this thread LMAO. Whether people wish to acknowledge it or not, there was certainly a certain stigma surrounding Vita having these types of games. Switch is in a way a successor of sorts where it's the only gaming handheld device in market so naturally developers who previously released such types of games for Vita would release on it since there's something not really anywhere else to choose. I think Switch success with a lot of different games hides this problem from getting spotlight as much as it did but it's there.

Chacranajxy

Oct 29, 2017
Why exactly do I need to pretend their needs to be a market for games where you rub children? This type of shit should totally not exist. Comparing it to shooters is totally off point.

Why? Because you like one and not the other? I'm not saying it isn't creepy as shit (it is), but it seems silly to cherry pick what's allowed to even exist like that.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Yeah - I probably should have read more of this thread, i'm not here to defend games where you're rubbing kids. Both rubbing kids and shooting people in the face are objectively wrong though. It IS interesting that people are highly offended by child stuff but totally ok with violence. I'm not trying to defend either, but I do find it interesting there is nearly universal acceptance for violence but zero tolerance for creepy anime shit.

Oct 26, 2017
Is it really console wars stuff if the op has both consoles and is speaking the truth?
I mean, yeah. It reads bitter, like "you all dumped on the vita for this but now look! Switch is doing it too!"

Vita was dragged because those games were a large proportion of the library and the base seemed proud of it, spamming that stupid anime girl gif constantly in every vita thread. I don't think anyone is surprised those games have come to switch.

OP
OP
Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA