• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
I don't remember ninty fans dumping on vita for such games. As a ninty fan, I welcome these games with open sweaty palms

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Anime games in general are fine, but pressure needs to be put on Nintendo to stop releasing/publishing any games that depict the sexualization of minors. There should be no place for this on any video game system. Enough is enough.
So no anime games is what you're saying.

I don't remember ninty fans dumping on vita for such games. As a ninty fan, I welcome these games with open sweaty palms
You don't see it much now a days. It was mainly during the gaf days, you would see some saying that games like that wouldn't be seen on nintendo platforms.

OP
OP
Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Vita is life Switch is hometown.

LMFAO
XS5LK.gif

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
Everything OP said is true, expect the Switch fanbase for these kinds of games gets diluted when add all the other quality games released on the console. Whereas with the Vita it seemed like it was just fans of pervvy games like these and fans of indies (e.g its a niche market on the Switch vs being a huge market on the Vita).
EDIT: Also from my understanding, the game OP is making reference to was published by Sony in Asia outside of Japan. So I dunno, maybe people did finger pointing at Sony because Sony actively threw money at the game?

Last edited:

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Anime games in general are fine, but pressure needs to be put on Nintendo to stop releasing/publishing any games that depict the sexualization of minors. There should be no place for this on any video game system. Enough is enough.
The task of preventing games that sexualize minors should be by government regulations, not Nintendo.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The task of preventing games that sexualize minors should be by government regulations, not Nintendo.
Nah, if Nintendo does it, it would mean less shit to import from Japan as that would be the work-around for having governments do it. If they do it like Sony has so far, good.

Nov 9, 2017

Nah, the laws are too easy to get around. That's why you can buy children themed "artbooks" and other content legally. Nintendo needs to get the guts to say enough is enough and not allow this type of disgusting content on their platform. Sony and Valve are trying to do something at least. Who cares if some niche gamers are annoyed they can't diddle children on their Switch anymore?

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Nintendo's change in policies with the Switch almost feels like they don't care anymore and are just desperate to make any money they can. It doesn't make sense because they don't need the money from these trash games.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo subscribes to local industry ratings boards rather than instituting it's own region superceding standards. They don't publish anything like this themselves (their dragons are thousands of years old).

I agree content like this shouldn't reach market but that pressure should be applied to the ESRB and the industry at large. We don't want Nintendo returning to their 1980s censorship days and Product Approval gatekeeping, which appears to be the path Sony's taken.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo subscribes to local industry ratings boards rather than instituting it's own region superceding standards. They don't publish anything like this themselves (their dragons are thousands of years old).

I agree content like this shouldn't reach market but that pressure should be applied to the ESRB and the industry at large. We don't want Nintendo returning to their 1980s censorship days and Product Approval gatekeeping, which appears to be the path Sony's taken.

At first I thought you were being sarcastic, but now I'm not sure.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I mean, is there really any other place in the portable space besides Switch ?

Vita recently discontinued game production irc, and 3DS is while not dead, clearly 99% cheap entry point+ backcatalogue.

OP
OP
Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

Sony did not allow this game to launch in NA on Vita due to the sexualization of minors, which is perfect imo. I hope the entire media (games/video/print) industry continues to follow through on this stuff and keep this stuff out. However, I don't want them to go crazy with censoring everything, as I'm fine with sex, violence and other normal adult material that is legal from appearing in games with an "M" rated title.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
More than that

Switch Eshop is seemingly flooded with ANYTHING that can run on the system

Mobile, Steam/PC, Ports, Legacy games etc...

Its damn crazy to browse

Sahasrahla

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kakariko
This thread is obviously about Moero Chronicle Hyper, for those confused.

Thanks, I honestly never heard of this. I'm usually more tolerant to weird lewd* japanese games than most on ResetEra, but that game indeed seems super yikes from screenshots. Is this banned somewhere in the world? Wouldn't be surprised.

*(As a non english native speaker: Why the heck is it spelled lewd and not lude? Isn't it pronounced like rude?)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Appart from Seran Kagura at launch, I haven't seen any lewd games while doing my weekly eShop browsing (on sale / upcoming / best selling sections)

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017

Gotta have to agree on this one, if only because as a japanese company nintendo probably doesn't understand that shit doesn't fly outside of japan, as such, it would fall under the jurisdiction of local authorities to curate such content and ban as appropriate.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Sony did not allow this game to launch in NA on Vita due to the sexualization of minors, which is perfect imo. I hope the entire media (games/video/print) industry continues to follow through on this stuff and keep this stuff out. However, I don't want them to go crazy with censoring everything, as I'm fine with sex, violence and other normal adult material that is legal from appearing in games with an "M" rated title.
I'm not sure if Sony blocked it's western release, this was before their recent product approval regression which is impacting games globally. In fact Sony published the Asian release of it themselves.

OP
OP
Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Thanks, I honestly never heard of this. I'm usually more tolerant to weird lewd* japanese games than most on ResetEra, but that game indeed seems super yikes from screenshots. Is this banned somewhere in the world? Wouldn't be surprised.

*(As a non english native speaker: Why the heck is it spelled lewd and not lude? Isn't it pronounced like rude?)

The Vita version was banned in NA, but there was an "Asian" version with subs.

OP
OP
Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Appart from Seran Kagura at launch, I haven't seen any lewd games while doing my weekly eShop browsing (on sale / upcoming / best selling sections)
That was the exact section I was browsing...

I'm not sure if Sony blocked it's western release, this was before their recent product approval regression which is impacting games globally. In fact Sony published the Asian release of it themselves.

Interesting. ESRP doing their jobs then?

My advice is to just go with it. Our language makes no sense. Everything you said is correct.

lol, the truth hurts a little.

Dec 23, 2017
Everything OP said is true, expect the Switch fanbase for these kinds of games gets diluted when add all the other quality games released on the console. Whereas with the Vita it seemed like it was just fans of pervvy games like these and fans of indies (e.g its a niche market on the Switch vs being a huge market on the Vita).
EDIT: Also from my understanding, the game OP is making reference to was published by Sony in Asia outside of Japan. So I dunno, maybe people did finger pointing at Sony because Sony actively threw money at the game?
I'm more concerned with games like COD, borderlands, and GTA. Vita got all of these franchise and if we had to bet I say switch won't.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Nah, the laws are too easy to get around. That's why you can buy children themed "artbooks" and other content legally. Nintendo needs to get the guts to say enough is enough and not allow this type of disgusting content on their platform. Sony and Valve are trying to do something at least. Who cares if some niche gamers are annoyed they can't diddle children on their Switch anymore?
I rely more on the guidelines of a law than on a private company.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
Dragon's Dogma has been in the Coming Soon section of the US eShop for like a month at least

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
its the remaining portable system on the market.

no shit its going to get the games the Vita used to get.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
Nah, just a funny observation as the old meta discussion was that Vita had "all the garbage games."

Same here, I can't wait to play the new versions on Switch
The problem people had with the Vita is that all it got was "garbage games", it was abandoned right after launch by AAA. Also you sound like a salty fanboy.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mobile is still a viable mobile platform for this crap. No reason why the Switch should have to accommodate these games.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Nintendo wants paedo games and/or literal harassment/sexual violence simulators on their platform, then go Nintendo, slay Nintendo!

Meanwhile, the rest of us will acknowledge they are a worldwide platform and how they conduct that platform will be commented on.