• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
The reason i wrote this is to sum up what i think makes Nintendos hybrid system such an amazing seller now.
Firstly, its a less powerful home console than ps4 or xbox BUT! You can play it anywhere. Take for instance the other day i came in from work shattered and decided no i did not want to sit downstairs on my ps4 or psvr and took switch upstairs and played Smash, Aces, Splatoon, and some hollow knight.
This immediatly got me thinking how i wish i could do the same with a Sony ps4 or now 5. Will Sony go the hybrid route?
Its working great for Nintendo and once they announce all their new software for 2019 especially AC etc it will fly into orbit. I also like the way i can take it away on work trips. Play a full console game in my hotel room or lobby.

Whats your thoughts everyone?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Tradeoff is worth it

I play more games as a result

Im not sure portable tech will ever catch up to allow for scalable cross playable games (High end and low end compatibility) but the gap is the closest its ever been

We would need to see significant advances in battery tech and cooling for the gap to close far enough

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
We've had this thread around 10 times now.

Status
Not open for further replies.