• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo fans, tomorrow is an important day. Much like the groundhog emerging from his burrow without seeing his shadow brings us an early spring, Tom Brady must win one for the sake of the Switch's lineup this year.

Don't believe me? Here's undeniable FACTS:
2017 - Nintendo Switch ad turns the game around and delivers the win for the Patriots. Nintendo gets the two highest rated games this generation, announces the long awaited Metroid Prime 4, showers us with games all year.
2018 - Patriots lose, worst year in Nintendo history. Ports, droughts, an E3 about a single game. Metroid Prime 4 cancelled and delayed for five years. No January Direct.

So, NintendoEra, it is imperative Tom Brady delivers us the win and ensures a healthy year of amazing games and a Direct this week.

Tomorrow, we are all Pats fans.

bradyNintendoSwitch.jpg

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I'm not american so i probably don't understand this, but ok.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Eh I'd rather see Tom Brady lose than get a new F Zero game to be honest

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, the evidence backs your conclusion.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
I made this thread two years ago, but it immediately got locked. Fairly so, as it was ahead of its time. However, history has proven me right, so it's only fair I unlock it.

Brady won in 2019, and immediately Nintendo delivered the best Direct of the Switch era. The lineup for the year was bonkers, with Nintendo publishing many stellar hits all throughout 2019. Huge games released every month, some even had to double or triple up. They had a great E3 too, where they revealed BOTW2! Very fun year to be a Nintendo fan.

What happened in 2020? Brady didn't even make it to the Super Bowl, losing in the WILD CARD round. Switch was immediately doomed. Nintendo basically only released one major game all year, otherwise relying on ports and remakes and games for toddlers. Worse yet, we suffered the great Direct drought, not getting a single full Nintendo Direct in the entire year.

To recap:
  • 2017: Brady wins Super Bowl - Switch off to a successful start, they release the two best reviewed games of this generation, great games all year, Metroid Prime 4 announced
  • 2018: Brady loses Super Bowl - the lineup is reliant on Wii U ports, their E3 is focused on a single game, droughts, they miss fiscal year projections
  • 2019: Brady wins Super Bowl - major release basically every month, some with 2-3, amazing E3, great Directs all year
  • 2020: Brady doesn't even make it to Super Bowl - Animal Crossing comes out early in the year and literally nothing else, Directs are cancelled, hype is dead
So Era, let us all join hands and root for Tompa Bay to ensure the return of Nintendo Directs. The release of Switch Pro and BOTW2 are at stake.

image0.jpg

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
2018 was a solid year. Smash Ultimate, Octopath, Kirby Star Allies. Not the most eventful but seemed solid enough to me.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Mina was the true insider all along.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Mod abuse.

Don't make me go find all those example of random things that correlate, like... number of hamsters removed from rectums VS unemployment rate. Mind you, in that example, it would be rude to speak down to hamsters. They'd rather die (in rectums, even!) than be compared to Brady.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
As a non-American who has 0 investment in american Football BUT who is addicted by accidental correlation graphs this is honestly amazing.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Tom Brady losing means the Switch losing, then so be it

At least Bowser's Fury comes out next week

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If Mahomes wins we get a good sony year though right?

2020: FF7R, TLOU2, GoT, Spiderman, Demon's Souls