• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds horrible for their brand image. Betting he's on here too. Anyone know his ERA username?

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Seems more like a jackass rather than "extremely hatefull", either way, family friendly company like Nintendo should know better and do some due diligence.

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im going to leave this here in case anyone wants to let Nintendo Spain know about the situation:

( these are the personal twitter accounts of some Nintendo Spain employees, point being not to bother them but to let them know about the toxicity/hate speech of one of their partners ).

- ( If this isnt appropriate I'll delete this post ) -

Marketing employee at Nintendo Spain:

https://twitter.com/Alex_Barba

PR & Media Executive at Nintendo Spain

https://twitter.com/EnriMarcellan

PR at Nintendo Spain

https://twitter.com/VicJunquera

Media Manager at Nintendo Spain

https://twitter.com/ledstat

Social Media at Nintendo Spain

https://twitter.com/cerdenacarlos

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the character you play is a toxic hateful idiot, and you play that character pretty much all the time, you're a toxic hateful idiot. dunno how some people in this thread do not understand this

Spartan IV

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If the character you play is a toxic hateful idiot, and you play that character pretty much all the time, you're a toxic hateful idiot. dunno how some people in this thread do not understand this

This. I don't know too why is so hard to understand. Defend him with that argument is so weak...

Really don't know why these companies never do research on the people they bring in

As far as I know, he's a kind of a friend of one of the pr's.

Ryszard

Apr 7, 2018
Funnily enough, it's because of threads like this and this advertisement (because it's what this is, at the end) that this guy is known.

At the end we have what we deserved. Because in any podcast, website or YouTube channel in the last 2 years or so, everyone has talked at some point about this guy or Gino (making fun of them or not).

And that's the reason they're "famous".

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
You don't understand, he can't be toxic because he's just playing a character.
As long as you play a character you can insult anybody and act like an asshole, because that's not the real you.

Serial killers should use the same excuse "I didn't want to kill him, I was just playing a character."

So you are ignoring all the other things that have been posted here?
It's strange how you're more concerned to defend this guy as a "poor victim" of game journalism bias while completely ignoring the fact that he's a piece of shit outside of his videogame opinions.

Yeah, Dr. Disrespect plays the character card too doesn't he?

Sylvalum

Oct 26, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Nintendo Ibérica, the Spanish and Portuguese division of Nintendo, really needs to be renewed. Rare is the moment when they're not into shady and shameful stuff. Rigged contests with YouTubers or with NI's roommates employees; on the few occasions that their Twitter account isn't a traduction of NoE's tweets, they write tweets referencing to the most morally questionable TV trash (Berlusconi's stuff); the Spanish stores always have problems with their distribution (stock magically disappear and we end with a terribly market infected of scalpers); they give support to very questionable sites (one of their prime allies is "Nintenderos", site reported hundreds of times for stealing content and take advantage of minors for free work); I even witnessed cases of logrolling looking for high scores on their games or people that get hired by favouritism before than professionalism... and a lot more. This absolutely disgusting move that rewards and reaffirms lies, sexism and insults as a way of success, is only one more bullet on this shameful list.

Unfortunately this is something quite usual on Spain (you only have to see all the corruption that lives on the Spanish institutions), but I really think that Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of Japan need to do something to fix it. Nintendo is imo the best developer in the business but much of its work gets so unsatisfactory sorrowful when their games arrive to some countries like Russia or, in this case, Spain.

Last edited:

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
So yeah, someone supporting Vox is a big shrug from me in many senses, as so many people support Vox, which is kinda the point. But obviously I don't think Nintendo should give someone like that a platform, and Nintendo should make a commitment not to work with any content creators that promote Islamophobic and anti-immigrant views. I'm not outraged by him however as he's just so banal.

There is so much wrong with this statement.

1) "so many people support Vox" This is not really true. Vox had 10% of the votr in the last election and their polling is dropping. They arent nowhere near a majority, their voters are part of a disgusting fringe.

2)Also, thr fact that they have 10% at all should make you more upset, instead of causing you to "shrug it off"

3)Vox actively promotes homophobia and transphobia and they created a worse climate for trans people all over Spain. One of their many health care plans is to prohibit trans people from getting covered. They want to reverse gay marriage. They are known lovers of ruthless dictator Francisco Franco.

Is your only reaction to all of that a "big shrug"? Thousands are actively living worse lives because anti LGBT bigotry is being normalized but that doesnt matter to you because "muh materialism"

Well buddy, while you wax sadly about hoe "manilulated" their voters are, actual good people are scared of what Vox could do in regions when it is part of ruling majority. They are already planning to chase whoever gives positive LGBT talks at schools.

I dont want to work or convince people who are ok with the death of my brothers and sisters. If you want to, then I'll politely tell you to fuck off.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Wow I can't believe that Nintendo Iberia actually went and invited Sasel to any official event. He is well known as a fanatic, his videos rarely have good info/sources but even so he treats any vague hint as a confirmed new to make clickbait video titles, but then he makes lots of videos about other Spanish media beign wrong (this is accurate though, spanish videogame media/youtubers are pretty mediocre, Sasel included).

I didn't know he was a VOX supporter though, and tbh I would never have related him to far-right politic movements.

But Nintendo needs to investigate more who they invite to events, the only good thing about Sasel is that his way of speaking and constant use of umor betrays that he is not a trustable source really fast, while many other content creators and magazines in spain have really big bias towards some companies, but as they act more "profissonaly" they can influence more people.

I never thought I would ever seen the day when we were talking about Sasel in ERA, in a way he is really achieveng what he wants.

XoF

Apr 15, 2019
Barely surprising. Nintendo Spain has been paying Nintenderos through ads for years, even knowing they were copying contents from others. They don't care, they only want numbers

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
User banned (one week): Downplaying Bigotry, Dismissing Concerns over Same
Reading the OP, all I got was that he's a ... Well, typical male gamer: he takes part in platform war, and is anti-Sony(which is apparently super bad?), he does stupid shit for views, and he says horrible things about women... Which is just your typical gamer.

I'm assuming that "misinformation" is regarding him making up shit to smear Sony?

Reading the thread though, it seems he's a vocal supporter of the Spanish alt-right? Like, shouldn't that be in the OP instead of him being anti-Sony?

Also, since I don't speak Spanish, is there something else about him that we should know? Because the hate against him seems to be in unison here, but I honestly can't give two craps about a Sony hater, the alt-right support thing is bad obviously, but I feel like the guy must have done some boogie's "we should meet in the middle with NAZI!" to warrant such reaction...

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo Ibérica, the Spanish and Portuguese division of Nintendo, really needs to be renewed. Rare is the moment when they're not into shady and shameful stuff. Rigged contests with YouTubers or with NI's roommates employees; on the few occasions that their Twitter account isn't a traduction of NoE's tweets, they write tweets referencing to the most morally questionable TV trash (Berlusconi's stuff); the Spanish stores always have problems with their distribution (stock magically disappear and we end with a terribly market infected of scalpers); they give support to very questionable sites (one of their prime allies is "Nintenderos", site reported hundreds of times for stealing content and take advantage of minors for free work); I even witnessed cases of logrolling looking for high scores on their games or people that get hired by favouritism before than professionalism... and a lot more. This absolutely disgusting move that rewards and reaffirms lies, sexism and insults as a way of success, is only one more bullet on this shameful list.

Unfortunately this is something quite usual on Spain (you only have to see all the corruption that lives on the Spanish institutions), but I really think that Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of Japan need to do something to fix it. Nintendo is imo the best developer in the business but much of its work gets so unsatisfactory sorrowful when their games arrive to some countries like Russia or, in this case, Spain.
The Portuguese division is very small and the product manager and PR officer (so, the two top guys there) are great people. I've never heard of any shady or shameful stuff from them. Unfortunately, the Spanish division is in charge of Nintendo Ibérica, it really sucks that this is taking place.

Sylvalum

Oct 26, 2017
Madrid, Spain
The Portuguese division is very small and the product manager and PR officer (so, the two top guys there) are great people. I've never heard of any shady or shameful stuff from them. Unfortunately, the Spanish division is in charge of Nintendo Ibérica.
I only said that because Nintendo Ibérica is in charge of some sections of the Portuguese division (like afaik logitics and assurances, but not PR as you said). I know almost nothing about the Portuguese staff but I'm really glad to hear that they are great people! :)

P.S. Btw, there are also great people working on Nintendo Ibérica, but unfortunately all these problems stand out much more.

Last edited:

gmendezm

Banned
Aug 23, 2018
User banned (two weeks): Downplaying Bigotry, Dismissing Concerns over Same
I think Sasel is great Youtuber.

The guy comes from a humble family and has his mistakes but he is an excellent person and has been improving every day.

I think this publication should be closed or its comments moderate to avoid insults.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
I only said that because Nintendo Ibérica is in charge of some sections of the Portuguese division (like afaik logitics and assurances, but not PR as you said). I know almost nothing about the Portuguese staff but I'm really glad to hear that they are great people! :)
Yeah, the Spanish are running the show, but fortunately, the Portugal branch is completely different from the Spanish one regarding PR and their engagement with the community. Portugal is also Sonyland (it's Sony's biggest market relative to the population size), but ever since Nintendo opened up shop here, things got much better for Nintendo fans and consumers. Both the Nintendo staff and fan community are very wholesome.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
There is no such thing as playing the character. You "are" what you portray yourself as. Why would you be assumed to be any different?

Sylvalum

Oct 26, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Yeah, the Spanish are running the show, but fortunately, the Portugal branch is completely different from the Spanish one regarding PR and their engagement with the community. Portugal is also Sonyland (it's Sony's biggest market relative to the population size), but ever since Nintendo opened up shop here, things got much better for Nintendo fans and consumers. Both the Nintendo staff and fan community are very wholesome.
Seriously, really glad to hear it. The Spanish people have so many things to learn from our Portuguese neighbors.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017

The guy comes from a humble family and has his mistakes but he is an excellent person and has been improving every day.

I think this publication should be closed or its comments moderate to avoid insults.
Yeah, let's moderate insults to excellent person Sasel who spends several minutes calling people motherfuckers, their mothers whores and explains at length how he fucked them.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
Seriously, really glad to hear it. The Spanish people have so many things to learn from our Portuguese neighbors.
I engage very little with the Portuguese communities other than the Nintendo one to be honest. The biggest generalist gaming Facebook group can be a bit toxic sometimes, with the typical ranting against "SJWs" and the not. I'm sure there are console wars and the such, but I'm not aware of anything particularly scandalous going on other than one of the biggest Youtubers scamming some kids out of their paysafe cards or something like that.
Luckily, we have a successful left wing government and the extreme right didn't gain a lot of traction, so that also helps I suppose, as does the fact that we're tiny.

gmendezm

Banned
Aug 23, 2018
Yeah, let's moderate insults to excellent person Sasel who spends several minutes calling people motherfuckers, their mothers whores and explains at length how he fucked them.

You are spanish right? You know that you should moderate your language in this forum? This is not twitter.

And I know, that is acid humor. Sasel is a Edgelord, but I am not sure if you can call him toxic.

In youtube there are a lot of youtubers that live with the Console War topic.

That is all. Is a console war channel. You don't need more explanation about Saselandia channel.

Is able to be hired by Nintendo Spain? Maybe, because he knows a lot about videogames and is carismatic.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is so much wrong with this statement.

1) "so many people support Vox" This is not really true. Vox had 10% of the votr in the last election and their polling is dropping. They arent nowhere near a majority, their voters are part of a disgusting fringe.

2)Also, thr fact that they have 10% at all should make you more upset, instead of causing you to "shrug it off"

3)Vox actively promotes homophobia and transphobia and they created a worse climate for trans people all over Spain. One of their many health care plans is to prohibit trans people from getting covered. They want to reverse gay marriage. They are known lovers of ruthless dictator Francisco Franco.

Is your only reaction to all of that a "big shrug"? Thousands are actively living worse lives because anti LGBT bigotry is being normalized but that doesnt matter to you because "muh materialism"

Well buddy, while you wax sadly about hoe "manilulated" their voters are, actual good people are scared of what Vox could do in regions when it is part of ruling majority. They are already planning to chase whoever gives positive LGBT talks at schools.

I dont want to work or convince people who are ok with the death of my brothers and sisters. If you want to, then I'll politely tell you to fuck off.

Yawn.

1) That's still 2,677,173 votes in the last election, with 40,000 members. So yeah, so many people do support Vox.

2) Except I didn't say I was shrugging off Vox, did I? I said I'm shrugging off the fact that some meaningless guy supports them. As we've already established, lots of people support them. If you want to effectively combat people being pulled to the right, you're gonna have to come to terms with that.

And none of this has to make anyone upset. You have a choice about whether you react in an upset way to these things. It's a tactical decision. I don't get outwardly (OUTWARDLY) upset about the existence of right wing populism, cos I don't think getting upset is a very good tactic to combat it.

3) If you think you can build a progressive world without anyone who has ever voiced support for the populist right, all I can say is: good luck buddy! Have fun with that!

New leftism/liberal ultra leftism has got us absolutely nowhere over the past 30 years. It's pathetic. The only way to stop the spread of the populist right is through a populist left alternative based in the working class of each country. We've seen the failure of Syriza and Podemos, of social media movements like Occupy, and the liberalisation of the Corbyn project, and the way that radical internet aesthetics gives way to an utter lack of any strategy or class analysis. But, like a classic middle class Trot, you answer in entirely bad faith, ignoring most of what I said and instead cherry picking particular phrases to pretend I was somehow supporting fascism instead of actually using my head and looking at strategies to fight it, instead of screaming into the abyss. People like you just love to shout down any sort of political discussion. Pointless.

mocolostrocolos

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
nbt7oz.jpg

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
You are spanish right? You know that you should moderate your language in this forum? This is not twitter.

And I know, that is acid humor. Sasel is a Edgelord, but I am not sure if you can call him toxic.

In youtube there are a lot of youtubers that live with the Console War topic.

That is all. Is a console war channel. You don't need more explanation about Saselandia channel.

Is able to be hired by Nintendo Spain? Maybe, because he knows a lot about videogames and is carismatic.
Lol. At least it's not the "It's just a character!!" excuse

Aah, you were at my side, all along. My true mentor... My guiding moonlight..

Mireille

Oct 26, 2017

yeah.. no. sorry but anyone who is just a toxic youtuber that pretends to always be right about everything and talk about things without knowing anything about them isnt a great youtuber.

Not to mention all the NSFW words he use when he talks about other people that dont share his ideas (ideas that most people wouldnt share because he is usually wrong and sourceless for them).

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
"Playing a character" really doesn't make things better. No idea why people keep bringing up this tired "excuse".

GonXtreme

Dec 13, 2017
Moscow
I haven't even seen 1 minute of any of his videos. Social/Politics aside, as someone already said, (and judging for the titles / thumbnails) 90% of his bullshit content is about Sony news/trends and how bad they are and how they lie to their consumers.

Just check some older videos, well, not that old. 6 months ago. He just takes Sony's trending games/news bashes it a lot, gets reaction and moves on. Same with any Nintendo/MS release but doing the opposite.

It's quite funny, Sony hater, MS/Nintendo praiser. Guess he's just a views-whore and he's doing well in Youtube. Sony fans will bite and MS/Nintendo fans will also bite.

Toxic? A lot. Though, we shouldn't care much actually. It's just one little Youtuber in a sea of way bigger fish.

Last edited:

Exebiel

Honestly I've watched some of his videos for at least 2 years and the video theme he uses is like toxic humor, too many assumptions without proof (Example: He said that David Jaffe hates GOW reboot along with Cory Balrog, then Jaffe himself replied that is entirely false and he loves Cory Balrog's work, GOW and Santa Monica Studios, really that was a very bad move from Sasel.... at the end is a clickbait and more views for more profit).

So honestly I hope Nintendo fixes this huge PR problem and I double bet he will do a video about this thread with more ranting.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I didnt even know who was Sasel until some friends at my master showed me to me as a hate watch and make fun of him.
He is a fucking clown and nintendo iberia needs to distance from him. That I suppose they will when all this blows in their faces.

EDIT
He is a VOX supporter also? Burn him!

WTF is this. Both countries have good things and bad things. Nintendo branches stuff included.

Last edited:

El Manco

Oct 28, 2017
This is a guy mostly doing videos to explain why if you bought or play with PS4 you are an idiot, and if you own or play with Switch you are a "superior" gamer.
Spreads the idea that all webs and VG magazines (in Spain or elsewhere) receive money from Sony to criticize Nintendo and Microsoft.
Claims that Nintendo community is clean and Sony community is toxic, so, he is doing right insulting Playstation users, even developers working at SIE WWS, because he is the chosen one to bring balance to the console war.
And, yes, he is very close to the spanish alt-right.
One of the worse things can be that, as he is trying to make Sony community to look bad and toxic, he is managing to make the same thing for the Nintendo community. As some of his fans write in forums supporting and repeating his messages.
This, really bad, decission by Nintendo Iberica is just boosting it. As he and his fans will probably understand it as an official endorsement.

Last edited:

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
This is a guy mostly doing videos to explain why if you bought or play with PS4 you are an idiot, and if you own or play with Switch you are a "superior" gamer.
Spreads the idea that all webs and VG magazines (in Spain or elsewhere) receive money from Sony to criticize Nintendo and Microsoft.
Claims that Nintendo community is clean and Sony community is toxic, so, he is doing right insulting Playstation users, even developers working at SIE WWS, because he is the chosen one to bring balance to the console war.
And, yes, he is very close to the spanish alt-right.
One the worse things can be that, as he is trying to make Sony community to look bad and toxic, he is managing to make this same thing for the Nintendo community. This decission by Nintendo Iberica is just boosting it.
Jesus Christ, adults hardcore into console wars are fucking embarassing.

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
Who is the mod/admin banning everyone that has a different opinion about this dude? I mean , this is the first time hearing about him and probably the people defending him are wrong, but they are not insulting anyone, just saying what they think and they are getting bans of two weeks? Like wtf, seriously?!! (Probably I'll get one too apparently lol)

Xanfrabot

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the guy will never miss an opportunity to show how much of an ignorant asshole he is. For reference, see the picture below:

22sKyN8.jpg

This thumbnail from one of his latest videos says "Dictatorship", and the title is "Square Enix is too scared to give Tifa big breasts!" (typed in all caps). In this video, he spends 25 minutes ranting about how "the SJW dictatorship is ruinning videogames by censoring everything they don't like".

Last edited: