• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
I like how many Nintendo fans seem to refuse games on other platforms and only start playing/loving/giving a change when it hits a Nintendo-platform.

It's kinda amazing to read. You can see it in any thread about old ports coming to Switch (for example).

Pretty die-hard, if you ask me.

That's a broad generalization. Did you forget about lapsed gamers and handheld gamers? Both groups would buy the Switch for its convenience as a hybrid. No one needs to be a huge Nintendo fan to be attracted to the platform. You're viewing this with a console war mindset. To put it into perspective, a PS Vita user might not necessarily game on the PS4. If presented a Vita/PS4 multi-platform game, they would choose the Vita version without hesitation. Not everything has to be about crazy fanboys. The Switch's form factor is what causes most of the port-begging. It's handheld/hybrid vs stationary console, and not Nintendo vs other platforms.

Also, sometimes people might pay more attention to a game that has never been on the platform before. This applies to all platforms. Do you see how many people suddenly started giving Ace Attorney attention when they could've bought it on mobile or 3DS long ago? Or Monster Hunter? In terms of statistics, the PS4 install base is the one that refuses to game on other platforms the most. 91.6 million install base for PS4, but only ~41 million for XB1 and 32 million for Switch. Come back again when the Switch actually reaches 90+ million install base.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like how many Nintendo fans seem to refuse games on other platforms and only start playing/loving/giving a change when it hits a Nintendo-platform.

It's kinda amazing to read. You can see it in any thread about old ports coming to Switch (for example).

?? This is any platform you troll.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
If presented a Vita/PS4 multi-platform game, they would choose the Vita version without hesitation.

Yep.

My FF ownership is PSN, PC & iPhone. The iPhone version has been my lead version since owning it. I expect Switch to take that mantle thanks to the adaptability of the medium. I have sold off my PC with Switch becoming the platform of choice for me now.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
really debating whether i should get this on switch or pick up the steam version and mod it with those ESRGAN cleared up backgrounds

Malakai

Oct 27, 2017
So because it's a luxury hobby they are obliged to have every system otherwise they are fanboys? Fucking really?
If you see an agenda with any post in this thread you should lay off the tinfoil hat.

You can't rest your case because first of all, you indeed were pointing to this thread since the person you responded to and agreed with was calling out some Nintendo fanboy conspiracy, secondly, you edited your post like a coward, ergo your case basically doesn't even exist anymore. And no, I don't only play on one system, but it's really fucking telling that your mind immediately went there just because I disagree with you. Take a long, hard look in the mirror.

Wow guys, why don't we drop this fanboy talk and go back to discussing this version of FFVII that doesn't exist because Square Enix can't ever release it on a non-Sony console, Sony owns the rights!

Third degree wig snatching.

Coinspinner

Nov 6, 2017
Good. Now they just need to release FF 4-6 on Switch so we don't have that weird gap between 3 and 7.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I'm just disappointed there won't be a physical version. Will probably still buy the game again but would much prefer to have a physical version.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
37c.jpg

Things have certainly come a long way.

(Especially if the game ends up being released on a Switch cart...)

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece

It's sad but I see it happen, I'm on a Switch facebook and people got really excited the other day for AC3 when it was rumored to be coming on the console. People that up to that point were very dismissive towards games like AC Origins or Odyssey.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

I never beat Ocarina of Time until it came out on 3DS, because I missed it in its heyday and by the time I got a version of it (on Wii Virtual Console) it was an old-ass game that I didn't make time for.

Likewise I have FF7 on the PlayStation Classic and might still get the Switch version because of portability. Like what the actual, man? Not everyone's been a hardcore gamer for 30 years.

set0k

Oct 28, 2017
I had the PC port of FFVII back in the 90s. Playing that game with the number pad on keyboard was so frustrating, especially the part where you were marching in the parade. Definitely going to pick it up again on the Switch.

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
That's a broad generalization. Did you forget about lapsed gamers and handheld gamers? Both groups would buy the Switch for its convenience as a hybrid. No one needs to be a huge Nintendo fan to be attracted to the platform. You're viewing this with a console war mindset. To put it into perspective, a PS Vita user might not necessarily game on the PS4. If presented a Vita/PS4 multi-platform game, they would choose the Vita version without hesitation. Not everything has to be about crazy fanboys. The Switch's form factor is what causes most of the port-begging. It's handheld/hybrid vs stationary console, and not Nintendo vs other platforms.

Also, sometimes people might pay more attention to a game that has never been on the platform before. This applies to all platforms. Do you see how many people suddenly started giving Ace Attorney attention when they could've bought it on mobile or 3DS long ago? Or Monster Hunter? In terms of statistics, the PS4 install base is the one that refuses to game on other platforms the most. 91.6 million install base for PS4, but only ~41 million for XB1 and 32 million for Switch. Come back again when the Switch actually reaches 90+ million install base.
I haven't forgot those gamers. They all could have play this game on ps2, psp, ps3, psvita, playstation tv, playstation classic, pc, laptop, mac, android, ios, playstation 4, xbox one...

I'm absolutely amazed by the amount of gamers who are wanting to play this game for years but "couldn't".

That's all....

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I had the PC port of FFVII back in the 90s. Playing that game with the number pad on keyboard was so frustrating, especially the part where you were marching in the parade. Definitely going to pick it up again on the Switch.
The parade minigame was extremely frustrating on PC, because they told you the command to input, not the actual key. So you had to have your keybinds memorized PERFECTLY.

Like, in the heat of the moment, how are you gonna remember which key [SWITCH] is bound to? You're not.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
LOL that face when he looks around and sees the old lady looking at him.
I feel that's me all the time when I am playing in public.

People go "a 40 year old man playing games?!? he must have no life"

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
I haven't forgot those gamers. They all could have play this game on ps2, psp, ps3, psvita, playstation tv, playstation classic, pc, laptop, mac, android, ios, playstation 4, xbox one...

I'm absolutely amazed by the amount of gamers who are wanting to play this game for years but "couldn't".

That's all....
I'm still baffled why this even concerns you. There are plenty of shows I can watch in the many different outlets but I will usually wait until it's on Netflix just because.

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still baffled why this even concerns you. There are plenty of shows I can watch in the many different outlets but I will usually wait until it's on Netflix just because.
It doesn't bother me at all. I'm just posting what I was thinking and what I see. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Opinions :)

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
Would y'all recommend Final Fantasy VII to someone who isn't a super fan of RPGs and isn't nostalgic about it coz he never played it?

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

That's all....
I'm sure just about everyone who's excited for this is aware that they could have played FF7 on other consoles. Did anyone here say they "couldn't?"

Also think it's weird you include Xbox One when that version is coming out at the same time as the Switch version, so no, they *couldn't* have played that before it came to Switch.