• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fiskyfisko

Mar 23, 2018
qoHt7JH.png

Kena is a spiritual succesor to Kya: Dark Lineage confirmed

Funkallero

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
You're brave for this OP lol
I agree 100% and still, I enjoy the artstyle Nintendo is showing most of the time.

I'd just like to see their gameplay and licences with this kind of production values.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Both games have way different scope and target hardware, but yeah, I agree that BOTW sequel is not a looker. It shines in artstyle and gameplay, but PS3-grade hardware is obviously limiting it.
t8l6MTV.jpg

IMO, I look at it same as I did Peace Walker. Hardware is limiting its visuals, but underlying game is great.

ah yes a screen grab from a youtube video, is the best way to know if a game looks good

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Is this basically a "I wish Nintendo had a high end stationary console" thread? Kinda has the same energy as port begging.

And anyway if they got rid of the hybrid I'd probably be done with gaming so that would suck.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Both games have way different scope and target hardware, but yeah, I agree that BOTW sequel is not a looker. It shines in artstyle and gameplay, but PS3-grade hardware is obviously limiting it.
t8l6MTV.jpg

IMO, I look at it same as I did Peace Walker. Hardware is limiting its visuals, but underlying game is great.
nice cherry pick

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the physics involved in having a battery operated device is a pretty good reason.
Physicists and scientists should feel embarassed.

How hard can it be to make a device that is the a little bigger than a Kindle have the computing power of a 8 lb personal computer?

It should also be free because I am going to just buy a Sony console anyways and make bullshit threads about other hardware manufacturers with no intention of actually buying their products.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
One game runs, at its lowest, on the PS4 - which is incredibly more powerful than the switch even though the PS4 these days is POS.

How exactly should Nintendo be embarrassed?

If one thing Kena does better than a nintendo game though is its general animation pizazz - but that is it. Everything is a technical artefact of being made for much better HW IMO.

Gusy

Oct 27, 2017
The power of this thread to trigger people is much more impressive than Kena's visuals

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I see console war shit like this I just wonder how is it possible there's somebody on the other side of the keyboard writing this garbage? Whether it's a troll or you're being serious, it's just like… either way why do you have to be like this? Lol.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think throwing a shit bomb into a crowd and smugly announcing you knew the reaction is the right approach.

Given how defensive Sony fans have been with their year long drought of games and scraping bottom of barrel games like getting hyped for the silent hills clone game scam, maybe OP should look into the mirror first before attempting to rile up other people.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Whenever I see console war shit like this I just wonder how is it possible there's somebody on the other side of the keyboard writing this garbage? Whether it's a troll or you're being serious, it's just like… why do you have to be like this? Lol.

dead internet conspiracy

Seanlole

Oct 25, 2017
That game looks gorgeous!!

I'm ok with a 4 year-old game made for a home/portable hybrid console that is a generation behind, though,

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kena isn't made for my 3060Ti with ray tracing and DLSS

Ember Labs should be embarassed

I think the opposite. Wind Waker HD looks like a washed version of the gamecube game. Too bright and it does not even look cell shaded anymore.
WW GCN looks too contrastless to me. just being cellshaded isn't enough, the variance between the lights and the darks should be deep, for my tastes

MasonADC

Sep 28, 2018
Lena looks greater, and way better than any game Nintendo ever made, BUT that doesn't mean you should have to compare the two. I don't really get it. Way different things

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Anyone who has played BotW both on Switch and then on CEMU at high res/framerate knows how much the hardware is holding games back.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'll take the gameplay and world design of a new Zelda title eight days a week over Kena.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Physicists and scientists should feel embarassed.

How hard can it be to make a device that is the a little bigger than a Kindle have the computing power of a 8 lb personal computer?

It should also be free because I am going to just buy a Sony console anyways and make bullshit threads about other hardware manufacturers with no intention of actually buying their products.

ofj7hl9pwca01.png

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I personally just want their games to run at a good iq and not have dogshit frame rates. They can't even get that right and you expect THIS? Come on man lol

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
My Switch is mostly a source of irritation, so I am hardly a Nintendo "shark"

but I think somebody else should be embarassed. Nintendo could have released a more graphically advanced piece of hardware (maybe not portable), they have the resources and the knowhow. They didn't because they wanted to do something else. That something else was/is very successful, why would they be embarassed about their design choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.