• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I know Google exist but who is this person. Needs more context. There are thousands of content creators.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
wait how do we even know this is a real letter and not a fake sent by someone who didn't like the content creator ?

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who the fuck is this person and what proof do they have about the authenticity of the letter...?

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to believe Nintendo had actually done something like this, but yeah, it doesn't pass the smell test for me. It doesn't read as official correspondence, going into far more detail than 1) most legal documents would do and 2) Nintendo have historically done. The formatting is also wonky.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Context, pls.

Confirmation, pls.

Did Lance Thirtyacre himself post an image of a letter he got from Nintendo? Where is the original image of the letter from?

Last edited:

smuguire

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like if this was real it would have been sent as a PDF on company letterhead, not just a straight e-mail

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018

Compared to the joycon C&D by Nintendo, this does not seem authentic.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
UltimateFlatAbyssiniancat-size_restricted.gif

Nov 4, 2017
I deal with a lot of correspondence from law firms and legal departments in my job. Never have I ever seen one ended with "very truly yours". Unless that's some weird American thing (like your nonsense date formate and imperial measurements), I'm calling fake.

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I deal with a lot of correspondence from law firms and legal departments in my job. Never have I ever seen one ended with "very truly yours". Unless that's some weird American thing (like your nonsense date formate and imperial measurements), I'm calling fake.

Yeah thats what i was hinting at in my post lol, I would bet my bar admission that its fake.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
People really need to realize many of us don't have a clue who these two-bit youtubers are and we need a preface to explain why they're important to understand why this is newsy.

Oct 27, 2017
It looks fake. I doubt a company would be that accusatory and open themselves to libel on an email.

In any case it would send a cease and desist which I'd think they're longer than one page and a half.

Lothar

Oct 25, 2017
No explanation of what Jeffy and Super Mario Logan is, and something that might be fake regarding what Nintendo sent to them (source: random twitter account), okay, nice thread

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Who? What'd they supposedly do?

There's a severe lack of context here.

Also that letter is fake as all hell.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I feel so old not knowing who these people are despite being a Nintendo fan for 20+ years.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Oh yeah, that's totally real.

Very truly yours,
Shuntaro Furukawa

EDIT: Wait, the newest video on their channel is like a year old?
EDIT2: Oh, I guess there are more channels

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This thread was supposed to be locked, seems I might've accidentally unlocked it as I was editing the title awhile back.
Regardless, thread locked at request of OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.