• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Cool maybe they'll have a new voice actor in time when they add the character to Smash Ultimate.
If Byleth is in the Fighters Pass, he'll probably be in Challenger Pack #5. In that case, there may be enough time to swap out his VA if Byleth is indeed in Smash. Obviously this is all conjecture, as I mostly expect the Fighters Pass to be all third-party characters.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
He voiced Reigen in Mob Psycho 100's English dub, which put him on the map for many (myself included). As someone who loved his performance in MP100's dub, this whole thing was a punch in the gut.
Aw, fuck, he did? I watched the first season subbed, but was thinking of watching the dub and continuing that way for the second season, because I prefer dub. Guess that's off the table now.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
All this stuff is making me consider choosing female Byleth instead. But before I do, I have to ask, can female Byleth romance Edelgard?

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Aw, fuck, he did? I watched the first season subbed, but was thinking of watching the dub and continuing that way for the second season, because I prefer dub. Guess that's off the table now.
Everyone else does great, so I'm trying not to let one person ruin the rest of the dub for me. Plus he'll likely be gone if we get a Season 3, so I can at least take solace in that.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Just double checking, does female Byleth have her VA listed in Heroes?

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Good riddance to bad rubbish--I'm a little more hopeful Nintendo will patch him out in future DLC.

If Byleth is in the Fighters Pass, he'll probably be in Challenger Pack #5. In that case, there may be enough time to swap out his VA if Byleth is indeed in Smash. Obviously this is all conjecture, as I mostly expect the Fighters Pass to be all third-party characters.

We'd better--I still need my Hayabusa.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Good. Hopefully they take the next and more important step in completely removing any trace of his actual voice acting.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
By the way it should be noted that at some point he was on there so this was definitely changed due to his actions and not a case like Lucina where her VA (Laura Bailey) isn't listed due to being union.

4hcxrdupcsb31.png

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Good. He definitely won't be Byleth's VA for his future alts in Heroes, the DLC, and other potential spin offs like FE Warriors 2. We'll see if they entirely recast him and patch it, he's mostly mute besides grunts and level up lines so I don't think it'd be incredibly hard.

We'll see but this is a good first step.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Always happy to help.

Also, congrats on your engagement (I saw the Tsum Tsum video on GameXplain)!
Ah really appreciate it :) We've been engaged for a little while now but I of course don't say that on GX very often haha. She might actually be joining me for some Tsum Tsum coverage or doing it herself, she's genuinely excited for this one

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Good. He definitely won't be Byleth's VA for his future alts in Heroes, the DLC, and other potential spin offs like FE Warriors 2. We'll see if they entirely recast him and patch it, he's mostly mute besides grunts and level up lines so I don't think it'd be incredibly hard.

We'll see but this is a good first step.
If they re-record Byleth's few lines for Three Houses story DLC, I could very easily see those lines being retroactively added to the base game.

Ah really appreciate it :) We've been engaged for a little while now but I of course don't say that on GX very often haha. She might actually be joining me for some Tsum Tsum coverage or doing it herself, she's genuinely excited for this one
Wonderful to hear. Can't wait for more Tsum Tusm coverage from you two.

Also, Lord Vatek noted that the only other scenario where characters have uncredited VAs is if the VA is unionized (Ex: Laura Bailey as Lucina, at least for the original variant).

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So yeah, he did respond to this, but listen. Take it from someone who knows.

Actions, not words will tell if it's true.

But ironically enough, he really wasn't all that different from his former friend SuperPsyGuy, was he?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
By the way it should be noted that at some point he was on there so this was definitely changed due to his actions and not a case like Lucina where her VA (Laura Bailey) isn't listed due to being union.
There was a patch and content download last night so it most likely happened then.
Lucina's actress is only unlisted for regular Lucina and Masked Marth, IIRC. They got a new actress for all the Lucina alts (Brave and Legendary).

Oct 26, 2017
VERY good sign that they may patch the game (Heroes and espesially Three Houses) with a new voice. Obviously such a thing would take possibly weeks, but the fact they did this bit in only a couple of days is very impressive and again a good sign that they're on top of the situation.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
VERY good sign that they may patch the game with a new voice. Obviously such a thing would take possibly weeks, but the fact they did this bit in only a couple of days is very impressive and again a good sign that they're on top of the situation.
I'd imagine that Three Houses being patched with a new VA for Byleth probably won't happen until the story DLC drops unless Nintendo really wants to scrub the game of Chris Niosi (which I would be 100% in favor of).

Oct 26, 2017
I'd imagine that Three Houses being patched with a new VA for Byleth probably won't happen until the story DLC drops unless Nintendo really wants to scrub the game of Chris Niosi (which I would be 100% in favor of).

Yeah just saw someone above say something similar. Whatever they do, as long as they scrub him out of the game is all that matters. But the sooner, the better. Even better if they patch later physical copies with the new voice.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So yeah, he did respond to this, but listen. Take it from someone who knows.

Actions, not words will tell if it's true.

But ironically enough, he really wasn't all that different from his former friend SuperPsyGuy, was he?
Yeah absolutely. Like especially over the internet. You can never really know if someone has truly changed unless you know them intimately (and even then abusers often hide in plain sight) and that's just never going to happen in a one-sided relationship. So regardless of the seeming sincerity of an apology it's better to just move on to other people who aren't awful

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah just saw someone above say something similar. Whatever they do, as long as they scrub him out of the game is all that matters. But the sooner, the better. Even better if they patch later physical copies with the new voice.
There's still a chance that NoA may not bother to redub his voice for Three Houses at all. Worst-case scenario, Byleth is recast for future appearances & FEH costumes but is left in his unfortunate situation for Three Houses & the original variant.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Considering he openly bragged about the possibility of "getting to voice a smash character" this would be extremely delicious

Apparently, whenever his ex-girlfriend beat him at Smash, he would get angry and yell at her.

I don't know but if I met a girl who could beat me at Smash, I'd probably be thrilled.

Kohlbiri

Apr 3, 2019
Huh. Hope they can patch him out since Byleth has so few lines or at least replace him for any of male Byleth's future appearances.

Was gonna play female Byleth anyway, does anyone know if Petra is a possible romance option for her lol?