• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

In case you can't see the tweets, the games are (which include free-to-play/free-to-start games for whatever reason)...
  1. Fortnite *
  2. Fallout Shelter *
  3. Paladins *
  4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  5. Warframe *
  6. Arena of Valor *
  7. Minecraft
  8. Hollow Knight
  9. Super Mario Party
  10. Celeste
  11. Mario Tennis Aces
  12. Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!
  13. Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
  14. Dead Cells
  15. Overcooked! 2
  16. Octopath Traveler
  17. Undertale
  18. Kirby Star Allies
  19. Diablo III: Eternal Collection
  20. Wizard of Legend
  21. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  22. Okami HD
  23. Darkest Dungeon
  24. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  25. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
  26. Golf Story
* = This game is Free-to-Play/Free-to-Start

Source: Nintendo News (the official news channel in the Switch's News section, screenshots taken by me & posted via my Twitter)

Last edited:

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Didn't Celeste hit 500k sales from all platforms combined? I know a majority are from Nintendo but it makes everything else under it seem underwhelming.

Like how isn't Pokemon above it.

Last edited:

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Zelda is no where to be seen on that list. Must have been more of a physical item to be picked up.
And surprised Fallout Shelter is so high up.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Fallout Shelter being #2 lines up with what Todd Howard said about the performance on Switch surprising them.

I thought Undertale would be higher and happy to see Celeste make the top 10.
Hollow Knight benefitted greatly from releasing after E3 imo. What a prime time spot that game got, not that it doesn't deserve the success.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Finally people have seen the light! Eevee is far superior/cuter!
About that.
I wonder where they are pulling these numbers from cause I'm certain Let's Go Pikachu has always charted ahead of Let's Go Eevee on the US eShop.
Are these US only? WW? Cause I know for a fact Let's Go Eevee sold worse in the US at least

Jan 2, 2018
About that.
I wonder where they are pulling these numbers from cause I'm certain Let's Go Pikachu has always charted ahead of Let's Go Eevee on the US eShop.
Are these US only? WW? Cause I know for a fact Let's Go Eevee sold worse in the US at least

Yeah, I'm interested aswell and checked the News Channel on my Switch (Germany), but sadly the list isn't up there yet.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, Hollow Knight could be higher. Everybody, buy Hollow Knight.

and Undertale too

Wescoast76

Tried to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Sep 22, 2018
Lmao at the usual suspects desperately trying to downplay Switch software sales.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see so many indies and third parties high up there. Bodes well for future support. Some of the first parties are lower than I thought, but this is just digital only and what I'm assuming is NA sales and not reflective of the other regions.

Lmao at the usual suspects desperately trying to downplay Switch software sales.
wthayta.gif

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Gaas won't work because switch online is shit. Sumthing Sumthing.

I think that list should put to rest the notion that Nintendo gamers don't play matoor and online extensive games.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Golf Story making the list despite releasing in 2017 is pretty impressive. Seeing Hollow Knight so high, as well as consistently high on the best sellers list since release, meaning I imagine it's got good legs, is awesome.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Updated the thread title a bit to reflect that this data is for North America.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I find it real hard to believe some of these outsold Stardew Valley am I missing something?
Gotta say, this was my absolute first thought when I saw this list last night. I also don't recall seeing Golf Story in the top 20 that often in 2018. I could be mistaken about both.

Looking at it now though, there's one thing for sure I do not understand: Where is Mario Kart 8?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it real hard to believe some of these outsold Stardew Valley am I missing something?

Yeah, something is off here, wasn't that always fairly high in the charts?

Edit: Still on the list it looks like. There's no way, at the very least, Golf Story outsold it.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it strange that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe isn't in there? I mean, it's the best selling game on the console at the moment.
Gotta say, this was my absolute first thought when I saw this list last night. I also don't recall seeing Golf Story in the top 20 that often in 2018. I could be mistaken about both.

Looking at it now though, there's one thing for sure I do not understand: Where is Mario Kart 8?
I imagine a pretty large number of Switches sold this year were with the MK8 + Switch bundle which may not count in their data, despite being a download, and it may just be a game that's bought physically more often.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
people are more likely to buy a game like mario kart physically from a store when they pick up their system

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Hooray for Hollow Knight! It beat every Nintendo game except Smash. Which is crazy.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
people are more likely to buy a game like mario kart physically from a store when they pick up their system
Mario Kart 8 is the NUMBER THREE game on the NA eShop right now (not including free games).

Also no Rocket League. No Stardew Valley. No Zelda. No Odyssey. All of these are routinely up there on the best sellers list.

Conclusion: NoA was drunk when they compiled this.

That's the only 2017 game in that list. Probably a mistake.
Shovel Knight.

2018 only games would make sense but why are those two there?

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's directly from Nintendo.

But I think they're wrong. I've seen Mario Kart, Zelda and other titles routinely on the USA top 30 not on this list.

Especially Mario Kart.