• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Just supporting this just on the fact that this is the type of game that you wouldn't expect Nintendo to release in the states.

Plus presentation and everything looks great.

CTRON

Jul 16, 2020
A little disappointed to hear there are no English voice-overs. Nevertheless, pre-ordered both. As a fan of VNs and detective games, really looking forward to them.

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Oh wow apparently the voice actors for some characters have actually voiced their characters before, way back in 1997 when there was a third game for the Satellaview add-on. For example the va for Ayumi

Fappy

Nov 3, 2017
Not interested until the games are available physically or sold at a significant discount

ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017
I could be wrong, but is the main character's VA the same person who does Kudo in Detective Conan and Usopp in One Piece?

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Please work your magic Limited Run Games!

But yeah, I'm getting it. As a fan of Another Code/Hotel Dusk, this is up my alley.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I cannot wait to dive into these games. The quality of the character and crazy animations on top of it all are just insanely good.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm might get back on Nintendo Switch Online and cash in a voucher or something

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Please work your magic Limited Run Games!

But yeah, I'm getting it. As a fan of Another Code/Hotel Dusk, this is up my alley.

I thought LRG tried to sell old SE and Nintendo games as collectors and they got shot down. Seems they can handle smaller developers but bigger developers that have there own publishing companies probably not

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought LRG tried to sell old SE and Nintendo games as collectors and they got shot down. Seems they can handle smaller developers but bigger developers that have there own publishing companies probably not
Call me crazy but I think NISA or XSeed would end up with it if it happened. Probably NISA

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Somebody did an initial playthrough of the first chapter with no commentary. Obvious spoilers for the opening moments, but it should give people an idea of the overall tone of the game:

Oct 25, 2017
I bet one of those limited release companies works out a deal to release a physical version so I will wait a while

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I love the art style in this game. The locations are beautiful. I had the same feeling with Layton. The atmosphere and music alone will probably hook me.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The UK got their own Overview with a Diet Jonneh Voiceover:

Why don't they just hire him as a voiceover already if they want a Deep Voice haha.

Last edited:

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
The games look quite interesting and nice to play. Are not they dubbed in English?

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Japanese audio only. Guess they're not _that_ confident about the series in the west just yet.
Nope, only in Japanese, thats for me personally is fine, im starting to choose the voices for the place the game takes place, like Yakuza for example
Thanks for the clarification. To bad they don't trust much in the West.

As a non-English speaker, I like playing the games in English when possible to improve my language skills. However that shouldn't be an inconvenience to lose interest in the games, after all I played One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 with the Japanese voices many years ago because that's how it was supposed to be played, One Piece fan here, haha.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Feeling like a broken record lately, but does anyone know if these games support the touchscreen?

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Somebody did an initial playthrough of the first chapter with no commentary. Obvious spoilers for the opening moments, but it should give people an idea of the overall tone of the game:

A high school detective who is good in some sport, the kinda silly story framework with memory loss (where everyone acts as if this is something that can happen all the time), many different characters - all this could straight up be a case from Detective Conan. Even the office looks like the one of Kogorō Mōri! Going by my avatar I'm very excited as you could imagine.

If it would cost 20$ less I would buy it right away but unfortunately Nintendo prices aren't really made for an almost broke part time student.

Last edited: