• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
That would explain why it had a minute long trailer in the direct for a licensed property. I am a little curious about it.

OnePointZero

Oct 27, 2017
tKeERQD.jpg

No idea who the dev is, but judging by the font used, it's clearly japanese.

The japanese game page only mentions Nintendo though.

dasu

Aug 2, 2018
I'm not sure why people here seem weirdly optimistic about this on this forum. Am I missing something here? It just looks like a basic licensed game (with a shockingly high price tag...).

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
My boy LOVES LOVES LOVES this series and had been ploughing through it again recently. At 9:50 last night, these footsteps padded up the the stairs and LO, it was the boy, "Daddy, I almost forgot, there is the Nintendo video tonight and we didn't watch it!" So I got him set up on a pillow and he put his head down and we watched it together. Then this popped up and he was sleepy enthusiasm, "I'm going to get that".

Feb 5, 2020
This looks like a licensed PS2 game and there's something really charming about that. At least for me since I grew up with a lot of that stuff.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I might buy this if the gameplay is fun enough. And if they add Megan Morse. Hello, megan!

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Let's hope it's closer to Lego City Undercover than Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, in terms of Nintendo-adjacent kid friendly games...

What?

0*New_6swhvsgwLroo.jpg

Wonder Woman is accurately depicted as Mediterranean.
Bumblebee is black.
Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz) is Latina.
Then look at the diversity of bodies.
All of them have super bright versions of their skin colors so that may be easy to miss in a quick moving trailer. Like, the tone used for Bumblebee there would almost be used for white characters in other cartoons.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Man not gonna lie when i saw this i kinda wished something similar based on Marvel IPs would happen since my younger nieces are watching all the MCU movies for the first time and this would have been a rad gift for them.

Well they might be familiar with some DC Heroes by summer as well considering how much they are watching during the lockdown right now.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Man not gonna lie when i saw this i kinda wished something similar based on Marvel IPs would happen since my younger nieces are watching all the MCU movies for the first time and this would have been a rad gift for them.

Well they might be familiar with some DC Heroes by summer as well considering how much they are watching during the lockdown right now.
There was a short lived animated series called Marvel Rising that tried something similar but no game and it was a bit more serious. I'd love something fun and silly like this but with Marvel heroines.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This looks fun and I'm in just to be able to play as Batgirl in something. I hope it's a solid beat-em-up with some fun exploration/social/customisation stuff, which is what it seems to be.

Reviews will determine how long I wait to pick it up (after the Direct this year seems kinda incredible for games).

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I meant why is Nintendo publishing this.

It's surprising but makes sense when you consider that Nintendo wants to cater to a bunch of different demographics that are often neglected. On the other end from WB's perspective Nintendo has the best reach on consoles to hit those demographics.

I think it's cool that Nintendo picks something like this up, even if it's not for me.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
???

I think you're getting confused for the earlier, more Barbie-ish rendition

AUC5050574340021.jpg

This is a soft reboot by Lauren Faust of MLP fame

0*New_6swhvsgwLroo.jpg

I think it was unnecessarily dumbed down for the younger girl audience. I think you could've done a more general audiences trailer just fine. Just my two cents.
Harley Quinn's transition to being a hero has infected Poison Ivy. It actually would make for a very compelling love drama to keep Ivy as mostly bad in a way that doesn't work with Batman and Talia or Selena. The key difference is that there is no tension in believing they could make Batman a bad guy.

With Harley there is real tension about a bad Ivy corrupting her.

Ofcourse I don't want to see this in a kids show. I'm merely opining that they should consider exploring this type of story in their more adult fictional explorations of these characters.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Not for me but I don't hate it at all. Definitely here for more demographics being targeted and showcased prominently by publishers.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
My daughter thought it looked cool and was excited to see something in the direct that was girl related. This and the Peach outfit in Animal Crossing were the only things she liked in the direct. They need more of this (assuming it is good) to keep growing their younger audience. I just hope the game is easy enough for her (she is 5) so she doesn't get discouraged early on. Kid property video games usually end up being stupid baby garbage or overly complex and forget their audience. We have been trying to comb through the Wii library to find things and most of them are either too hard or laughably bad that even she knows they suck even if it has a Disney princess in it.

Geeklat

Feb 13, 2018
Now if some of that money could get back to the show so they could, I don't know, make more episode to help promote this it would be really super. It basically had a run in 2019, then in 2020 it got like 13 episodes spread out across the year. I don't expect we'll get anymore.

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
While I am not crazy about the art-style. I don't understand why this has so many dislikes. It looks really fun.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
This will be my Spongebob ReHydrated game of this year. Hopefully twice the price means twice the quality. Full $60 licensed kids games are rarity (I suspect this is the only one), I'm guessing this good enough for Nintendo to price it accordingly.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably because it's not aimed at (adult male) core gamers and dared to take up time in the Direct.
I think it's also fair to say it looks just pretty bad right? I'm very happy to play games that aren't for "male super hardcore gamers" but this honestly reminded me of the sort of title you'd find on the wii in 2007 in the bargain bin.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not all incels, some are just run of the mill manchildren.

I'm part of a Nintendo Fans Over 30 group on Facebook and the amount of people (who I know have children) that were upset with this, was just dumb.

I think it's also fair to say it looks just pretty bad right? I'm very happy to play games that aren't for "male super hardcore gamers" but this honestly reminded me of the sort of title you'd find on the wii in 2007 in the bargain bin.

Nah, I'd say you're wrong here. There's a difference between a game for all ages (Mario) and a game aimed primarily at young children (this)

Last edited:

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Not particularly, at least not to the extent that people would go to the trailer upload and dislike it.