• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Remember when we dreamed about getting 64gb carts?

But, nothing to worry guys. 32gb that come with switch can handle just fine. Also, since memories has becone so cheap since switch launch, it impossible for anyone to not have tons and tons of free memory in their current micro sd card. This is fine.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Remember when we dreamed about getting 64gb carts?

But, nothing to worry guys. 32gb that come with switch can handle just fine. Also, since memories has becone so cheap since switch launch, it impossible for anyone to not have tons and tons of free memory in their current micro sd card. This is fine.
This is actually true, SD cards are dirt cheap now; 128GB costs less than £15 in the UK for example.

It's more of a case for the purists that want the entire game on the cart for the future.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That is some Capcom-tier bullshit.

I had been on the fence about what version to get and having the PS5 now tilts me more towards those version than I had been in the past, this makes it easy.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a mistake in the fine print. a 12GB game would require a futuristic negative memory cartridge to require a 16GB download

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is that price gouging? It's the regular price for most new releases around here. Switch games cost the same.
I'm not personally from Australia so I don't know how it compares to the incomes there but from what I've read before, I think that it's a bit high. My guess is that a "fair" price would be around 60USD, which is 50 euros.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking about buying the JP version just to see if I can get the English version early (aka once it's put on the store)

eShops in different regions do this weird thing where the game will change to match your main accounts region. For example, take Touhou Spell Bubble, game came out in Japan earlier this year, but once an English localized version got released (Asian version), my copy changed to it, about a week or so before the game even got announced in North America.

Basically I wonder if having the JP version will allow me to bypass the lock when the NA version gets put up for preload (assuming it does)

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Very glad there's a Steam version this time; I'm just going to get it there to show support for Persona on PC. Sucks if that news is really true for Switch though, especially since the Japanese version was all on the cart.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
It's happening for virtually all games all the time. It's up to the platform holders to enforce that it also happens to the few that are now released in a broken state. They shouldn't allow broken games to be released on their platform, it's as simple as that.

People can run from the digital age all they want but we are heading in the direction of games needing downloads and updates to work properly. No one is going to refuse a game on their platform because some of it needs a download lol. Especially not Nintendo who has thee most expensive physical media.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
People can run from the digital age all they want but we are heading in the direction of games needing downloads and updates to work properly. No one is going to refuse a game on their platform because some of it needs a download lol. Especially not Nintendo who has thee most expensive physical media.

That's a really great argument for the "digital future" lol. Digital games are shit so it doesn't matter if physical games are shit too. Wow!

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
That's a really great argument for the "digital future" lol. Digital games are shit so it doesn't matter if physical games are shit too. Wow!

It's not an argument for or against. It's stating the reality that games requiring partial downloads is not going away. Especially on a system where thr media is expensive and size limited.

Saying they should ban the practice just lead to getting less games.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it feels like the Switch release of P5 Strikers already got shot into both feet by being a story sequel to a game that isn't on Switch and due to the delayed launch putting its release window right next to Bravely Default 2. If they are now also cheapening out on the physical release they aren't exactly improving matters.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
A game requiring a download does not make it broken.
Every game is pretty much going to suffer from this. How many games are released these days without any post-release patches?

The vast, vast majority of games are released complete, with only non-critical patches after launch. For a lot of games any patches are trivial at best, and some games never get any patches at all. A game that requires a patch to work is by definition not working. Broken.

Sorry about the bump here, but copies of the game are shipping to retail and we now know, with certainty, that the Switch version is complete on card, with no additional downloads required:
yGIGeEH.jpg

VyjzWRR.jpg

I don't immediately see an option to thread mark this post, but I suspect the thread will be closed in light of this news anyway.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry about the bump here, but copies of the game are shipping to retail and we now know, with certainty, that the Switch version is complete on card, with no additional downloads required:
yGIGeEH.jpg

VyjzWRR.jpg

I don't immediately see an option to thread mark this post, but I suspect the thread will be closed in light of this news anyway.
Thanks for confirming this. Was almost noping out of a physical version when I remembered the date for the OP.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
yGIGeEH.jpg

VyjzWRR.jpg

Good to know, thanks! I still ended up going PC, partially because of framerate, and partially because of getting to start playing 4 days early.

Oct 26, 2017
yGIGeEH.jpg

VyjzWRR.jpg

What content is the code for?

Good to know, thanks! I still ended up going PC, partially because of framerate, and partially because of getting to start playing 4 days early.
Yeah, this was mainly aimed at folks that wanted a physical copy of the game on Switch and wanted to know if they were going to get it complete on card, since required downloads REALLY tank the value.

What content is the code for?

You know, I'm not really sure since I was under the belief that the digital bonuses were for the early digital deluxe release.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The OP and thread title seem inaccurate and OP is banned, so this discussion is closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.