• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
This doesn't tell us anything about the game other than that the trailer itself takes place beneath Hyrule castle.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
The game will probably start there, it doesn't mean it will be entirely in caverns, don't know why some here assumed that lol

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Link and Zelda are gonna find Gurren Lagann

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
The game will probably start there, it doesn't mean it will be entirely in caverns, don't know why some here assumed that lol
Even though the pamphlet is old, the trailer makes doesn't explicitly confirm where those caverns are. I always assumed it was directly below Hyrule Castle since it shows the castle lifting up at the end, but if this text is official, it confirms that.

Also there's only one post in this thread that sort of sounds like they took this blurb to mean "the whole game will be in caverns" and even then, they said they'll wait and see.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Even though the pamphlet is old, the trailer makes doesn't explicitly confirm where those caverns are. I always assumed it was directly below Hyrule Castle since it shows the castle lifting up at the end, but if this text is official, it confirms that.

Also there's only one post in this thread that sort of sounds like they took this blurb to mean "the whole game will be in caverns" and even then, they said they'll wait and see.

Of course. I don't know how your first paragraph is related to my post at all, I didn't know it was confirmed either till this pamphlet.

There's more than one so maybe you miss it, hence the word "Some" in my post. Anyway, I just found it funny there's no need to debate over this lol

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Totally. It's so obvious

437460-ZZ2.jpg

Incoming

will this be the first co-op zelda game adventure?

If it isn't they are fools.

It won't be :(

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
will this be the first co-op zelda game adventure?

Don't get your hopes up, no matter how tempting it could be

Of course. I don't know how your first paragraph is related to my post at all, I didn't know it was confirmed either till this pamphlet.

There's more than one so maybe you miss it, hence the word "Some" in my post. Anyway, I just found it funny there's no need to debate over this lol

I only brought that up because it shows how very little has been confirmed or deconfirmed by that trailer, meaning any interpretation is valid at this point.

And there really is only one post, unless you're counting that Spelunky joke post

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Please don't take place mostly underground. That just feels like it would become so boring from an environmental design perspective. I like exploring nature too much in these games to be mostly stuck underground.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Please don't take place mostly underground. That just feels like it would become so boring from an environmental design perspective. I like exploring nature too much in these games to be mostly stuck underground.
I imagine if underground is a significant portion of the game they would take a great of inspiration from things like Journey to the Center of the Earth and include actual diverse biomes. Underground lakes, rivers, flora, fauna, towns and such. They wouldn't just craft ~30 hours worth of narrow cramped stone and earth tunnels and caverns with the odd glowling crystal.

Jan 11, 2018
This wait is painful :(

The wait for Zelda is easy. It's only been a year and a half since the announcement, which came with a full CGI trailer to set the tone and wet your appetite. Also, we get Zelda spinoffs and remakes almost annually. But compare that with:

Bayonetta 3: Announced via a logo over 3 years ago and nothing since. Last entry in 2014.

Metroid Prime 4: Announced vial a logo almost 4 years ago, restarted development from scratch 2 years ago and nothing since. Last entry in 2007, last spinoff/remake in 2016/2017 respectively, with the series previously having been completely missing for 6 years.

Pikmin 4: Announced by Miyamoto as being "close to completion" over 5 years ago, and only vague responses about it since. Last entry in 2013, last spinoff in 2017.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
The wait for Zelda is easy. It's only been a year and a half since the announcement, which came with a full CGI trailer to set the tone and wet your appetite. Also, we get Zelda spinoffs and remakes almost annually. But compare that with:

Bayonetta 3: Announced via a logo over 3 years ago and nothing since. Last entry in 2014.

Metroid Prime 4: Announced vial a logo almost 4 years ago, restarted development from scratch 2 years ago and nothing since. Last entry in 2007, last spinoff/remake in 2016/2017 respectively, with the series previously having been completely missing for 6 years.

Pikmin 4: Announced by Miyamoto as being "close to completion" over 5 years ago, and only vague responses about it since. Last entry in 2013, last spinoff in 2017.

The trailer for Zelda was CGI? That was Bayonetta 3 no?

Status
Not open for further replies.