• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So the October game for Nintendo will be Mario+Rabbids 2, even though Ubisoft is developing it. I'm confident the September General Direct will reveal the December title Nintendo is releasing

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Let's see, my list from the direct:
Definitely buying:
Pacman world, Mario + Rabbids spark of hope, Live a Live
Waiting for impressions: little Noah
Likely to get but could wait for sales:
Dragon quest treasures, Persona 3/4/5, Nier Automa, Super Bomberman R2, Megaman battle network collection

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed for the next main direct to have a Switch Pro announcement. Perhaps a pipe dream but I shall dream nonetheless.

The Ubisoft showcase thing that was mentioned after the Rabbids segment, is that just gonna be that one game or will Ubisoft be showing multiple things? Can't find any info about it.

Jul 17, 2021
Games I'm looking forward to on Switch:

ZI47zhh.jpg

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Fingers crossed for the next main direct to have a Switch Pro announcement. Perhaps a pipe dream but I shall dream nonetheless.

The Ubisoft showcase thing that was mentioned after the Rabbids segment, is that just gonna be that one game or will Ubisoft be showing multiple things? Can't find any info about it.

I think it's just gonna be about Rabbids.

Jul 17, 2021
In light of Super Bomberman R 2, I'm honestly surprised there aren't more Bomberman collections considering Konami's previous collection releases like with Contra and Castlevania, like having collections of the Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Bomberman games.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
In light of Super Bomberman R2, I'm honestly surprised there aren't more Bomberman collections considering Konami's previous collection releases like with Contra and Castlevania, like having collections of the Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Bomberman games.
Super Bomberman Collection (with Mega Bomberman as well) would be a day 1 buy for me. But then again Konami is sitting on so many franchises that its sadly little surprise we've not gotten more...

Jul 17, 2021
Super Bomberman Collection (with Mega Bomberman as well) would be a day 1 buy for me. But then again Konami is sitting on so many franchises that its sadly little surprise we've not gotten more...

I mean, they keep releasing Castlevania collections despite not having recent new Castlevania games, if they're willing to capitalize on that, then I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to release Bomberman collections if they're going to keep releasing new Bomberman games like R 2. lol

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Wound up getting a fun mix of stuff between the direct and the summer sale. Kotor, AI Somiun Files, Child of light complete, and Little Noah

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Having a ton of fun with little Noah. I'm (always?) on a roguelike kick and the combo/team building is such a cool system. The game moves pretty fast and the instant teleport to explored rooms is great. I love all the items and characters you can find.

Being more of a rogue lite, I decided to just jump in on hard and I think it was the right decision. I feel like I'm making good progress but still getting my ass kicked by bosses until I learn what they do. I just had a run end via exploding teddy bear… one more thing to watch out for lol.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Mario Rabbids 2 is looking very good.

Playing that alongside Splatoon 3 and Bayonetta 3 will provide me with some great times on the Switch this winter. The rumoured Metroid Prime remaster being a true thing would be the cherry on top!

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States
So the October game for Nintendo will be Mario+Rabbids 2, even though Ubisoft is developing it. I'm confident the September General Direct will reveal the December title Nintendo is releasing

Currents bets are the December game being either the leaked Fire Emblem or the Metroid Prime remaster, right?

Games I'm looking forward to on Switch:

ZI47zhh.jpg

I'm looking forward to several of these, but several I'm definitely going to check out. Airoheart looks right up my alley, but this is the first I've heard of it. And I had no idea Blossom Tales was getting a sequel!

Jul 17, 2021
Currents bets are the December game being either the leaked Fire Emblem or the Metroid Prime remaster, right?

I'm looking forward to several of these, but several I'm definitely going to check out. Airoheart looks right up my alley, but this is the first I've heard of it. And I had no idea Blossom Tales was getting a sequel!

I noticed that Airoheart was being published by Soedesco, and I think they tend to have a pretty game track record after publishing games like Teslagrad and Kaze and the Wild Masks on Switch, so I felt inclined to look into it. It looked like another fun action-adventure game for Link to the Past fans:

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
There was some weirdness with my Switch Lite after not booting up the thing for over a Year and the A button was really hard to press and kept getting stuck yesterday.

So instead up trying to fix it I finally took out my Monster Hunter Rise Switch out of the Box and transferred over my stuff.

My question is does anyone have a Joy Con replacement recommendation besides the Slid Pad Pro? I would really hate if I end up breaking my Monster Hunter Rise Joycons through normal usage so I'm trying to find alternatives now.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I just realized Toy Soldiers HD never released or reappeared after being delayed back in October :(

Also no sale on .Hack GU collection yet. Waiting for that on that one

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Anybody know when the Nintendo eShop updates typically? I was hoping to get my preorder in for Klonoa's remake but the eShop still won't let us preorder it lol. Also, for anyone curious:

Emlond

Jan 6, 2018
So, Edia has placed another stretch goal for it's Cosmic Fantasy Collection for Switch:

It's probably going to entail what Valis: The Fantasm Solder Collection did in that it used an overlay to display subtitled text onto the Japanese PC Engine CD Rom² versions of those games. Anyway, this is pretty much confirmation that Cosmic Fantasy I & II are going to be released outside Japan; probably without the Working Designs localization of 2.

Can't wait for the eventual Arcus collection with Arcus Odyssey and a overlay translation of Arcus I-II-III. Might even see a Final Zone collection or an El Viento collection, among others. Always a good thing when we see localizations of vintage Japan only games, though I suppose not everything that does will still be fun to play.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be DLC announcement week at one point so Mario Kart, Switch Sports, or Strikers seem like the most likely candidates. Pokémon had a trailer last month and is still ways out, it can wait a little longer.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I hate to come in to an OT with negativity but I've been playing quite a bit of Skyward Sword and I'm just not enjoying it. The controls are not meshing with me and progressing through the world feels slow as mollasses.

BUT it's getting me excited for playing some of the other classic Zeldas. So I'm super excited for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (whenever that happens).

It's kind of frustrating knowing that Nintendo has games held back that are basically finished, but I think it speaks to how incredible their pipeline is. They're the most efficient first party developer by far!

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Any bets for this week's news?

I'm gonna bet on Mario Kart tracks

I feel like Pokemon or MK tracks is a safe bet - could honestly be both

New trailer for the Switch OLED or some shit?
www.resetera.com

Nintendo privates both Nintendo Switch Lite and Nintendo Switch OLED trailers from YouTube

I went back to look at the trailers for fun and I couldn't find them on Nintendo's main page, Nintendo UK YouTube still has the OLED trailer up but not Lite and the American and Japanese YouTube have it private. The original Nintendo Switch announcement video is still up however.

Also, shoutout to Nintendo for not letting us preorder Klonoa with it coming out in 3 days lol. Like, that is severely gonna hinder it's potential success considering the devs said if it does well they'll greenlight more Klonoa games. (I really want this game as you can tell lmao)

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Did y'all get anything on the sale? (Which in case you didn't know the Big Ol' Super Sale ends tomorrow). I think I might just pick up Ruined King: A League of Legends Story and call it a day tbh

Do you think tomorrow will be when we a news update?
Knowing Nintendo, who the fuck knows at this point. We just kinda take what we can get and hope for the best (lmao)

Also, I updated the OP with news and upcoming games and what not for those that care

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Did y'all get anything on the sale? (Which in case you didn't know the Big Ol' Super Sale ends tomorrow). I think I might just pick up Ruined King: A League of Legends Story and call it a day tbh

Knowing Nintendo, who the fuck knows at this point. We just kinda take what we can get and hope for the best (lmao)

Also, I updated the OP with news and upcoming games and what not for those that care
Child of light complete, Kotor, Little Noah(not technically sale but shadow drop), and AI the Somiun Files. I resisted anything else in hopes something that hasn't gone on sale yet will pop up in the next couple

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Child of light complete, Kotor, Little Noah(not technically sale but shadow drop), and AI the Somiun Files. I resisted anything else in hopes something that hasn't gone on sale yet will pop up in the next couple
KOTOR is so fucking good man. It's even better that they apparently fixed the gigantic "in combat" bubble box that would take up like 95% of your screen so you're in for a good ass time.

Thoughts on these rumors y'all?
www.resetera.com

"Leaker" who leaked Splatoon 3 Switch says there will be a "Switch" revealed in September

when theres smoke theres fire GraffitiMAX : Possibly a oled of spray 3 tonight GraffitiMAX : I already said it in last month's post, I expect it to be announced in September GraffitiMAX : Reply to Hey_'s side : The dawn of 60 frames, only know so much

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
KOTOR is so fucking good man. It's even better that they apparently fixed the gigantic "in combat" bubble box that would take up like 95% of your screen so you're in for a good ass time.

Thoughts on these rumors y'all?
www.resetera.com

"Leaker" who leaked Splatoon 3 Switch says there will be a "Switch" revealed in September

when theres smoke theres fire GraffitiMAX : Possibly a oled of spray 3 tonight GraffitiMAX : I already said it in last month's post, I expect it to be announced in September GraffitiMAX : Reply to Hey_'s side : The dawn of 60 frames, only know so much

Honestly I'm quite bored/sick of all these Switch Pro rumours now. It's obviously going to happen at some point, just wish people would let things be, but it seems folk really want to find fame as leakers nowadays.

GrendelKhan

Aug 1, 2018

Picked up Tangle Tower, Murder by Numbers and then Fatum Betula with Gold Points. A large chunk of my wishlist was on sale, but with my giant backlog I try and limit it to stuff that's over 60% off. Debated picking up Cadence of Hyrule, but couldn't pull the trigger.

Playing Fez and Raging Loop right now and thinking of starting Fatum Betula after Fez. In the mood for something weird/scary.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
The Switch Pro is one of those rumour mills that I'm happy to just watch unfold. It's almost as dramatic as the announcement itself will eventually be

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I just bought the Switch Online Expansion pass. Paper Mario holds up so well. The world and aesthetic is so charming and the battle system is perfectly fine. The writing is great and I'm happy to have this be the next game I put a lot of time into.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Honestly I'm quite bored/sick of all these Switch Pro rumours now. It's obviously going to happen at some point, just wish people would let things be, but it seems folk really want to find fame as leakers nowadays.

I wish Nintendo would come out with a roadmap or something so I can decide wether I want to pour more money into switch multiplatform games or not. The hardware is getting really long in the tooth and of this is going to be the status quo than that's fine but I'm going to look elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.