• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
So it's only a matter of time, right... guys? ... Right?
4hKUG8Q.gif

Unlocking Smash characters in the beginning of ultimate was so much fucking fun I won't lie, I actually enjoyed it a lot more than you'd think
It'll be announced towards the end of next week if the rumored dates are correct.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I recommend learning to replace the sticks. I've had great success.

Also, I've had good luck adjusting the dead zone to fix drift.
Thanks. I don't want to open it to replace but I thought Nintendo would only accept repairs once. They will do it multiple times, so I'm just sending them in again.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Kit & Krysta (former Nintendo Minute) dropped a new top 10

btw Direct is coming, all dreams will come true, non-believers will eat crow 😤

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
When she says "Prime time for" this type of discussion at the very start and my brain just sizzles out of my skull.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Anybody try out the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak demo? If so, are you actually getting it on Switch cause I'm highly debating on it lmao
monster-hunter-rise-sunbreak-monster-hunter-rise.gif

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Random topic, but I kind of noticed something about Nintendo and the differences between Japan and the west, and it's that most japanese artist who draw Nintendo stuff I have seen, which are a lot of people, rarely draw something that isn't Nintendo related, and at the same time people who draw characters from third party JRPG's or fighting games also rarely draw characters from Nintendo series, which is not something I see often with western artist, at least not most of the time, is easy to see people who draw both NIntendo and third party stuff. Or at least that's what I have seen.
Maybe the split that was made with Nintendo and third parties on the N64 and Gamecube was way more prominent there, idk.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
I wasn't sure where else to ask this, but I need to replace the battery for my OG 3DS, as it's started expanding. Does anyone have any experience getting replacement batteries for this and could maybe recommend a place to order from? I'd really appreciate any help or advice.

T.I (uh oh)

Oct 29, 2017
I'm playing through Ocarina of Time for the 30th (or so) time on NSO at the moment, and it got me thinking. How cool would it be if they re-released OoT Master Quest on NSO? Kinda like the SP versions of the NES and SNES games.

I've only ever played it once on the bonus disc when Wind Waker came out. And while I've still got it hidden away somewhere, would be awesome to have on Switch too.

Semi-related, Star Fox 2 should be released on NSO too.

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't sure where else to ask this, but I need to replace the battery for my OG 3DS, as it's started expanding. Does anyone have any experience getting replacement batteries for this and could maybe recommend a place to order from? I'd really appreciate any help or advice.
It was years ago, but I bought a replacement 3DS battery from the Nintendo US online store. Didn't have an issue with it.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
It was years ago, but I bought a replacement 3DS battery from the Nintendo US online store. Didn't have an issue with it.

Unfortunately they've been sold out of both 3DS and 3DSXL batteries for a long time. It sucks, because I wish that they, as an official source, would keep stocking the batteries for as long as possible, but it seems like they have no intention of restocking. I'm going to have to go third party, I just see a lot of potential options and hoped to go with one someone has already tried and had success with.

Those are sold out currently. iFixIt.com has batteries for $13.99, though.

Are they a good place to order from? That's the top place I was looking at I've just never ordered from them before.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
game freak is hiring unreal engine devs. wonder why

www.dsp.co.jp

案件 No.101335

株式会社ゲームフリーク ゲームプログラマ 契約社員 の求人 | 職種、年収、勤務地、雇用形態、こだわりなど、あなたの希望条件に合った求人を探すことができるページです。Web・ゲーム・映像・IT業界の求人が豊富な業界専門の転職エージェント、イマジカデジタルスケープ。
Pokemon Legends Suicune

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
I've just noticed they actually uploaded a 4K version of the Crisis Core trailer on official UK and US YouTube channels.
Has it ever been the case for other multi-support games?

Jul 17, 2021
Of the various games Nintendo has published for Switch, Part Time UFO might be their most underappreciated publishing. Simple, but also satisfying.

2MjFvVO.mp4

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
Just thinking about all the rumours we've had lately for games coming to the Switch, obviously only IF these turn out to be true, the back half of 2022 could end up being insane for the console

Xenoblade 3
Splatoon 3
Bayonetta 3
Advance Wars
Mario Rabbids 2
Pokemon
Metroid Prime remaster or remake (maybe)
New Fire Emblem game (maybe)

Yeah that's too much, no way this is happening 😂

Replace Mario Rabbids 2 with Live A Live and that's a pretty reasonable first party list. Think about what what got in H2 2019:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Fire Emblem 3 Houses
Astral Chain
Daemon Ex Machina
Links Awakening remake
Dragon Quest XI S
Ring Fit Adventure
Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokémon Sword & Shield

So yes a lineup like that is possible.

bobjk123

Oct 2, 2021
User banned (1 week): drive-by trolling; account in junior phase
Discussing leaks? You guys are desperate for Nintendo to announce their games for 2023.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I am replaying Metroid Prime 2. Great game, amazing dark atmosphere, great level design.

The bosses aren't doing it for me though. Bosses seem very spongy and overlong. What am I missing?

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
There's another game shadow-dropping on the Switch. It could be Direct related, could possibly not be Direct related. So I'mma post it in spoiler tag just in case lol
old.reddit.com

Roller Champions Switch date Leaked

The biggest subreddit for leaks and rumours in the gaming community, for all games across all systems.
unknown.png

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
There's another game shadow-dropping on the Switch. It could be Direct related, could possibly not be Direct related. So I'mma post it in spoiler tag just in case lol
old.reddit.com

Roller Champions Switch date Leaked

The biggest subreddit for leaks and rumours in the gaming community, for all games across all systems.
unknown.png

If it's coming out tomorrow then I guess it might not be in the Direct?

This has just reminded me that Fall Guys comes out tomorrow.

Mar 30, 2019
Actually this would make sense to happen before a General Direct. If they have 20 minutes to talk about XC3, they don't want a 40 minutes direct where 20 are only about Xenoblade. They learned after their Smash Ultimate mistake back in the days.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
Cross posting myself from the other thread... Next week is still happening.

Maybe posted already, but a 4channer (I know, I know) posted about this Direct happening hours before the official announcement, and they said the General Direct is next week with a Final Story trailer for Xeno 3 being there.

IMG_20220620_160329.jpg

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Getting a story trailer (the worst kind of trailers and you all know it) in the main Direct, a week after the game getting a proper blowout is like some kind of torture.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Getting a story trailer (the worst kind of trailers and you all know it) in the main Direct, a week after the game getting a proper blowout is like some kind of torture.
People might boo you for this take but you're right. After a proper blow out, such as a Direct specifically made to showcase one game, I personally no longer need to see the game again. By that point, I'll already have my mind up and in this case I know I'm getting XC3 day one already lol.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
People might boo you for this take but you're right. After a proper blow out, such as a Direct specifically made to showcase one game, I personally no longer need to see the game again. By that point, I'll already have my mind up and in this case I know I'm getting XC3 day one already lol.

Exactly my friend, we're getting a 20 minute Direct for the game on Wednesday, so we shouldn't need to see anymore of it during the main Direct, it's just taking away time from the Mario Odyssey 2 reveal ;)

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
Ugh, I was hoping the Xenoblade direct would mean we wouldn't see even a second of it in the general.

I'm still hoping Fire Emblem is revealed next week, I don't think I can take having to wait until September for it.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly my friend, we're getting a 20 minute Direct for the game on Wednesday, so we shouldn't need to see anymore of it during the main Direct, it's just taking away time from the Mario Odyssey 2 reveal ;)
I know you are probably joking but there are still some people who think that a 5 minute segment of a game they don't care about is taking away time from other games when in reality the Direct would be just 5 minutes shorter lol.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I was hoping the Xenoblade direct would mean we wouldn't see even a second of it in the general.

I'm still hoping Fire Emblem is revealed next week, I don't think I can take having to wait until September for it.

Xenoblade not having a story trailer in the next general direct doesn't take time from anything, it just means that direct is 3 minutes shorter than it otherwise would be.

Xenoblade 3 isn't going to miss the last general direct and the free advertising that comes with it just before it launches.

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
Xenoblade not having a story trailer in the next general direct doesn't take time from anything, it just means that direct is 3 minutes shorter than it otherwise would be.

Xenoblade 3 isn't going to miss the last general direct and the free advertising that comes with it just before it launches.
It's not about length, I'm not an idiot. It's about audience overlap, and whether Nintendo would prominently feature both Xenoblade and a new mainline Fire Emblem in the same direct.

I'm probably just being pessimistic though.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's not about length, I'm not an idiot. It's about audience overlap, and whether Nintendo would prominently feature both Xenoblade and a new mainline Fire Emblem in the same direct.

I'm probably just being pessimistic though.

I'm confused as to why audience overlap would be a bad thing?

Ideally you want to advertise your similar products to the same kind of audience because they're the same people who are going to buy both.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
I know you are probably joking but there are still some people who think that a 5 minute segment of a game they don't care about is taking away time from other games when in reality the Direct would be just 5 minutes shorter lol.

5 minutes less diluted. Every extra minute comes at a cost of some kind.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Do people think that the set time of a direct is pre-ordained by the gods? And that the content of said direct just sort of randomly flows into place from leylines in the ground?

As others have said already, it's not like Prime 4 has to be cancelled or a new BotW 2 trailer scrapped to make room for XC3 footage.

Nov 8, 2017
Nate has said his predictions video for the General Direct (which he still stands by as happening next week) is recorded & will be up at the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.