• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
It's lovely that Nintendo are doing these generous demos, but I selfishly wish they'd do one for the other Fire Emblem game as I've still never dared take the plunge on that, so a demo would be sweet.

Joeshabadoo

Jan 3, 2019
I know that the fact that this month's platinum coin switch icons are BotW themed ultimately means nothing but I want to think it's part of priming us for some juicy new sequel bits

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States
Kind of random, but has anyone ordered those Brewster coasters from My Nintendo? I have enough coins to order them (once Nintendo's site revives itself), but if anyone has ordered them, I'd love to hear any remarks you have about their quality.

If they're not that great, I might prefer to hold onto my coins.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
After a very long day of trying to get the XC3 preorder, I think it's only fitting to check out the Fire Emblem demo and maybe start XC1.

Also, I do think we get a new preview of BOTW2 at this next Direct but I doubt we get the official release date lol

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of random, but has anyone ordered those Brewster coasters from My Nintendo? I have enough coins to order them (once Nintendo's site revives itself), but if anyone has ordered them, I'd love to hear any remarks you have about their quality.

If they're not that great, I might prefer to hold onto my coins.

I have them. They are nice. They have a cork body and smooth and shiny water-resistant top. Seems as good as any simple coaster. A step above what you might expect from a restaurant. They come in a cute aluminum can, too.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
With Nintendo updating their site earlier, and this show heavily focusing on already announced games, I'm starting to think there's a chance Bayonetta might show up during Geoff's show soon.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Let's go!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
How is links awakening? Almost bought it after dunkeys review but it was full price. Now it's discounted in Nintendo's sale I'm wondering about it again

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States
How is links awakening? Almost bought it after dunkeys review but it was full price. Now it's discounted in Nintendo's sale I'm wondering about it again

IIRC, it's a pretty quick play. I think I beat it in 15-20 hours? But the art style is lovely and if you enjoy the gameplay of classic, 2D Zelda, it scratches that itch.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a fantastic update to what is already an amazing game. If you've played and loved the original, it's a no-brainer. If you haven't played the original, you need to fix that and might as well just buy this one lol.

If you're into Zelda at all, it's a must-have.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Thinking about buying Sonic Mania + DLC and/or Mega Man 11. Both are on sale right now.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I tried to chase a spider away from my desk and it took refuge in my empty Switch dock

Silksong is manifesting in real time, this is the price I must pay

giphy.gif

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked up a oled switch so Nintendo will now drop a pro or whatever. You're welcome.

Naru

May 11, 2019
I just noticed that using Pixel Perfect on the SNES app means the picture is squished horizontally so I usually choose 4:3 but on the Mega Drive/Genesis app choosing 4:3 has the picture squished horizontally so I play on Pixel Perfect. Anyone know why that is? Did the consoles output different resolutions?

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Microsofts show is leaking like a faucet meanwhile we don't even know if (or at least when) Nintendo will have a presentation lmao

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I finally got my N64 controller yesterday and got to play some games tonight and my god, it feels like just yesterday I was using this controller. It's like all of those hours of playing the N64 came back to me in an instant. Shit, even Mario 64 feels so much more natural with the N64 controller than the Switch Pro Controller. Y'all got any preferences of games for me specifically check out early on (I know the catalogue is small but still! I wanna make sure I don't sleep on any N64 games)
LVTA.gif

Jul 17, 2021
Am surprised Nintendo didn't try following up on Drill Dozer. From what I understand, it was noticed enough in 2006 to get some noticeable fanfare despite being on GBA, but never tried capitalizing on a potential new IP to get more interesting ideas from going forward. Rather a shame.

itLYtBg.jpg

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am surprised Nintendo didn't try following up on Drill Dozer. From what I understand, it was noticed enough in 2006 to get some noticeable fanfare despite being on GBA, but never tried capitalizing on a potential new IP to get more interesting ideas from going forward. Rather a shame.

itLYtBg.jpg

I would adore a cartoon-art Drill Dozer remake for Switch. HD rumble would be delicious for it. It would never happen in a million years, but it would be amazing. Hugely underrated gem.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not expecting the direct until the last week in June, maybe one day before or after their AGM.
The latest Xenoblade trailer felt like it could be one of a series that they will put out before the next full presentation.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got my N64 controller yesterday and got to play some games tonight and my god, it feels like just yesterday I was using this controller. It's like all of those hours of playing the N64 came back to me in an instant. Shit, even Mario 64 feels so much more natural with the N64 controller than the Switch Pro Controller. Y'all got any preferences of games for me specifically check out early on (I know the catalogue is small but still! I wanna make sure I don't sleep on any N64 games)
LVTA.gif

Sin and Punishment feels built around that controller and I don't think the Switch Pro Controller does that game any favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.