• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Just pulled my OLED Switch out of the dock for the first time in about a week, and the Joy-Cons have run out of battery. Both of them.

How odd. The Switch battery is at 100% and now the Joy-Cons have just started charging. I wonder why they weren't charging when the whole system was docked with the Joy-Cons connected.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
The last 2 directs both had European only sales announced the day before the direct(and I think it also happened for the feb 2021 direct, its a pretty consistent pattern, I think tomorrow is a big possibility for an announcement

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Hope peeps enjoy that crisp fiver off new Pokémon snap, a great game at a barely reduced price

Now hurry up and announce the direct so I can fit my work around it

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not impossible, but I can't help but think that Paper Mario's very identity is tied up so closely to the simple visuals that I don't think it lends itself much to a remaster or remake beyond a simple res boost
oh the first two games can very much make use of the assets of the latest game; they are much more detailed.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
It's not impossible, but I can't help but think that Paper Mario's very identity is tied up so closely to the simple visuals that I don't think it lends itself much to a remaster or remake beyond a simple res boost

Yeah, all the original 2 Paper Mario games need is a smaller remaster. Basically do what modders have done to them. The 4k textures look amazing and just clean up the art that is already there.

Jun 22, 2021
Please Nintendo I know you've got something up your sleeve, just show us.

Hope the Wind Waker HD rumours are true.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I have faith that we're going to have a Direct a week today cos Nintendo always have their show on the Tuesday of E3 week (if E3 was still a thing, you know what I mean)

As for when they're going to announce it..not a clue, I'm going to bet Thursday 🤷

Mar 30, 2019
So I looked it up and the European sales are nearly allways the day (+-1) of the direct. So there is actually a good chance for an announcement tomorrow and a direct on thursday. We will see if they keep the pattern.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Seems wrong not to be hyping a Nintendo E3 event at this time of the year. This year sucks.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Seems wrong not to be hyping a Nintendo E3 event at this time of the year. This year sucks.
patience-star-wars.gif

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Personally I don't think I'll be playing it, but I wonder what they're going to do about Advance Wars at this point. Subdued release with little fanfare or put it out alongside a bigger game and let that suck up the attention or what

also do we have a Direct bingo card going? 👀

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all want me to make one for us? I could try to whip something up in Photoshop? I'm taking all suggestions for spaces if that's the case!

spitballin' here

- Ace Attorney 🤞
- Metroid Prime 4
- Bayonetta 3
- new Donkey Kong
- Wii era port
- the conspicuous absence of Pikmin
- Hollow Knight: Silksong
- new title from a niche but respected JP dev
- Final Fantasy pixel remasters
- Japanese version of the Direct will get a cool thing we don't
- free update to a 1st party title
- "but wait... there's more"
- "available today!"

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Anyway my main reasoning for suggesting a direct announcement tomorrow is a pattern that developed at the start of 2021 with sales.

Basically the day before every single direct in the last 2 years(since Feb 2021) was preceded the day before by a European only sale tweeted out at the direct time(so 9 am EST). NoE and NoUK both tweeted out a big sale today, so tomorrow announcement seems very likely

Zaiven

â–² Legend â–²
Nov 12, 2019
So I looked it up and the European sales are nearly allways the day (+-1) of the direct. So there is actually a good chance for an announcement tomorrow and a direct on thursday. We will see if they keep the pattern.
How far back in time does this go?

Anyway my main reasoning for suggesting a direct announcement tomorrow is a pattern that developed at the start of 2021 with sales.

Basically the day before every single direct in the last 2 years(since Feb 2021) was preceded the day before by a European only sale tweeted out at the direct time(so 9 am EST). NoE and NoUK both tweeted out a big sale today, so tomorrow announcement seems very likely
Oh, I guess this answers the question.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my goodness I'm so excited about KOTOR II. I had been replaying it on the Deck, but that Switch needs some love. It's going to be so cool to see TSLCM as an official add on, I am so hype!

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
We're definitely looking at a direct in June, just a matter of when. I'm thinking we won't hear about it until next week.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Oh my goodness I'm so excited about KOTOR II. I had been replaying it on the Deck, but that Switch needs some love. It's going to be so cool to see TSLCM as an official add on, I am so hype!
Fucking right!? I'm so thankful that Aspyr has been porting all of these classics considering I've been able to play them for the FIRST time ever

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Ok so the nintendo direct date probably just leaked, it seems to be the 15th based on someone leaking a shadowdrop for what looks to be
Neon White

old.reddit.com

[deleted by user]

The biggest subreddit for leaks and rumours in the gaming community, for all games across all systems.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Ok so the nintendo direct date probably just leaked, it seems to be the 15th based on someone leaking a shadowdrop for what looks to be
Neon White

old.reddit.com

[deleted by user]

The biggest subreddit for leaks and rumours in the gaming community, for all games across all systems.
That's that one game we've been seeing for awhile now!

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
spitballin' here

- Ace Attorney 🤞
- Metroid Prime 4
- Bayonetta 3
- new Donkey Kong
- Wii era port
- the conspicuous absence of Pikmin
- Hollow Knight: Silksong
- new title from a niche but respected JP dev
- Final Fantasy pixel remasters
- Japanese version of the Direct will get a cool thing we don't
- free update to a 1st party title
- "but wait... there's more"
- "available today!"
Adding a lot of this list to the Bingo Card!

Which as a reminder, I'm making an E3 Bingo Card for this OT for the presumable Nintendo Direct, I'm taking ANY suggestions to add to the Bingo Card!

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Could this date for Neon White not also be revealed during Geoff's show? I don't see this as a confirmation for a Direct, unfortunately, although I still think we'll be getting one soon.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
I guess it is plausible we get the direct announcement today then. I think they normally announce it a week ahead for the big directs?

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
Woke up this morning and instead of having myself a gun, I had a vision...

Direct is coming next Tuesday (14th)

40 minutes of news and updates of upcoming Switch titles yada-yada-yada you know the drill...

(not in particular order)

- Lots of Splatoon 3 footage and a date for the first Testfire
- Huge story-driven trailer for XC3 (similar that we had on the second one back in the day)
- N64flix games for July to December and yes, Wave Race 64 is on the menu
- Next batch of MK8D DLC that'll drop on the following week
- That Disney racer we have seen on a previous Direct
- Bayonetta 3 and also a release date for it
- Same MHR Sunbreak stuff they showed on Capcom's presentation
- Mario Party Superstars DLC which will be free for us Expansion Pack owners
- That mentioned Neon White leak
- Lots of Fire Emblem Warriors footage
- Something about Mario+Rabbids' sequel with a December release date
- One more thing will be... MP4's first glimpse of gameplay and a 2023 to close it out

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Woke up this morning and instead of having myself a gun, I had a vision...

Direct is coming next Tuesday (14th)

40 minutes of news and updates of upcoming Switch titles yada-yada-yada you know the drill...

(not in particular order)

- Lots of Splatoon 3 footage and a date for the first Testfire
- Huge story-driven trailer for XC3 (similar that we had on the second one back in the day)
- N64flix games for July to December and yes, Wave Race 64 is on the menu
- Next batch of MK8D DLC that'll drop on the following week
- That Disney racer we have seen on a previous Direct
- Bayonetta 3 and also a release date for it
- Same MHR Sunbreak stuff they showed on Capcom's presentation
- Mario Party Superstars DLC which will be free for us Expansion Pack owners
- That mentioned Neon White leak
- Lots of Fire Emblem Warriors footage
- Something about Mario+Rabbids' sequel with a December release date
- One more thing will be... MP4's first glimpse of gameplay and a 2023 to close it out
the 15th seems to be the date, but other than that its a relatively safe prediciton, though I think its missing unannounced stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.