• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Was there a physical US version of Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story for 3ds? I just paid $42 for a copy but when it came, despite having an ESRB logo, it also has an icon saying it's for the UAE market. I wanted to get a copy specifically because I know it'll be harder to find in the future. Is there any difference between these besides the cover having this UAE logo on it?

RiceToast

Apr 26, 2019
Yeah Switch Sports doesn't seem that enticing to me, I know its most likely going to be a hit, but the mario kart dlc was the big announcement of the direct for me.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Let's not forget the Switch port of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (which is really good according to reviews) comes out on April 12!

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Was there a physical US version of Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story for 3ds? I just paid $42 for a copy but when it came, despite having an ESRB logo, it also has an icon saying it's for the UAE market. I wanted to get a copy specifically because I know it'll be harder to find in the future. Is there any difference between these besides the cover having this UAE logo on it?
There was a release but lots of the more recent games went out of print quickly and resellers seem to have better access to these versions. They are just the NTSC releases but made for the Middle East/SEA markets. They should work like normal for any North American 3DS.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
200w.gif

Fire Emblem is coming

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
I feel like I'm in a bit of a holding pattern with the Switch until June. I've got a meaty backlog to play and a long wishlist on the eshop just waiting for some sales though!

Oct 25, 2017
House of the Dead comes out this week and the reviews are sort of middling, sorta hope whenever the physical copies get printed they include the inevitable patches.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought Kirby in order to have something relaxing in parallel to Elden Ring and... my Switch broke in the third stage. The fan started making a horrifying buzzing noise. It's a launch system long out of warranty so I'm sure having it repaired would cost 100 bucks or something, so I've decided to hack it and rip my games for emulation. Let's see how that goes. I just can't justify buying a new one with a new revision possibly coming next year.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I'm betting on Chrono Trigger getting a re release this year. They just updated the mobile and steam versions, fixing the remaining issues (now it's true widescreen). It's basically the perfect version now!

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Currently playing through Kirby and I gotta say I'm very impressed. It's a perfect transition to 3D - the traditional Kirby gameplay feels exactly like what you would imagine. And the sprinkled bigger worlds throughout are also great!

I'd love, if they would go back to the drawing board with some other old style games too.
Starfox has had his chance but at the same time, never a fair one.
What could a AAA Pilotwings be for the Switch?
And of course - how could they reinvent F-Zero?*

*they don't need to - online hd edition of GX would be plenty!

Oct 31, 2017
I cant wait for switch sports i was on the playtest and it was really great. Love the way it plays and that its local and multiplayer.

Hope they add lots more to it over time. I will definitely buy new events if its paid dlc or it come to NSO expansion.

Deleted member 81119

Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I'm still so annoyed that I can't buy NSO games individually and I have to subscribe to a service.

I'm glad the rumour is that PS1 games will be both on a sub and available to purchase. Maybe Nintendo will change its position.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Does the Toad avatar user get permission to hang out and play with you in one of your super fancy gaming rooms in Nintendo style at home? I don't have the space for a room like that, but I can smell you guys are in here :D

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I'm still so annoyed that I can't buy NSO games individually and I have to subscribe to a service.

I'm glad the rumour is that PS1 games will be both on a sub and available to purchase. Maybe Nintendo will change its position.
I'd easily buy a N64 collection if it was possible. Like, even if it was a limited release like Super Mario All Stars, I'd absolutely buy it without any hesitation so I feel this so much

Deleted member 81119

Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I'd easily buy a N64 collection if it was possible. Like, even if it was a limited release like Super Mario All Stars, I'd absolutely buy it without any hesitation so I feel this so much
I do get that the sub approach is a great way of getting value from more niche games, and that in turn means more niche games will come to the Switch.

But making it exclusively available by sub makes it feel cynical. Especially the N64 expansion pass.

MrPhiliasfrog

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought Kirby in order to have something relaxing in parallel to Elden Ring and... my Switch broke in the third stage. The fan started making a horrifying buzzing noise. It's a launch system long out of warranty so I'm sure having it repaired would cost 100 bucks or something, so I've decided to hack it and rip my games for emulation. Let's see how that goes. I just can't justify buying a new one with a new revision possibly coming next year.

Good luck with that!

I specifically bought the OLED because my launch unit's fan was getting too loud.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I really want to see the rumoured Fire Emblem game(s). Three Houses was great but that Three Hopes reveal was not what I wanted in the last Direct. Specifically for the brand new non-remake I'm curious about the direction they'll go.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing Disco Elysium and loving it. Got the physical copy (which does not come with the 1.04 patch unfortunately) and my wife and I are kind of fighting over who gets to play it.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
You never realize how convenient eShop demos are until a physical game is on sale and you're able to download the demo to check the game out before actually buying it. I've been wanting to get Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and since it's half off now on Best Buy, I finally decided to check out the demo and man, besides the framerate being really fucking bad the game is so much more fun than I ever thought. It's looking like I'll probably pick this up while it's on sale so I can play this and get some time in with a Warriors game before Fire Emblem Three Hopes lol

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I was weak and preordered the House of the Dead Remake last night like 30 minutes before it reached 12am. I originally thought it was $40, but that was for the physical edition, and the digital version is only $25.

Was gonna wait to buy it on PS4 (leaked) after reading and watching reviews that the Switch version wasn't that great, but I think it would be fun to play this with my friends and family using the Joycons to aim.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Replacing the fan DIY is easy enough that even my novice ass could do it.

Will only cost you about $30, too.

Highly highly recommend doing this if it's the only problem with your current model.

youtu.be

How To Repair Nintendo Switch (CPU Fan/Battery/Speakers)

Learn how to repair a Nintendo Switch that has a noisy CPU cooling fan, bad battery, faulty speaker, or faulty game controller slide rail. This video is an e...

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
I'm betting on Chrono Trigger getting a re release this year. They just updated the mobile and steam versions, fixing the remaining issues (now it's true widescreen). It's basically the perfect version now!
Why would they bother fixing the older version if they're going to release a new one? Or are you just talking about console ports?

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
Any news on the TWW/TP collection? Will it be like the mario one and have a separate music section?

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Any news on the TWW/TP collection? Will it be like the mario one and have a separate music section?
On Grubbsnax today (Jeff Grubb's stream series where he goes over the gaming news/rumors he's heard about), he simply mentioned that he was waiting for it to finally get revealed lol. I wouldn't be shocked if this was an E3, oops I mean SGF, announcement from Nintendo

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

MrPhiliasfrog

Oct 25, 2017
Any recommandations for games with a similar vibe and/or gameplay like Stardew Valley?

I'm about to wrap up Triangle Strategy and I'm looking for something else to play on my switch.

Caligula13

Oct 29, 2017
i bought the oled version a few days ago. the oled screen is really great. a better update to the hardware than i first thought

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Any recommandations for games with a similar vibe and/or gameplay like Stardew Valley?

I'm about to wrap up Triangle Strategy and I'm looking for something else to play on my switch.

So farm sims/village simulators? If so I've heard decent things about My Time at Portia which has a Switch Port, Rune Factory 5 also just came out a week or so ago on the Switch as well, there's Story of Seasons (which is from the original Harvest Moons devs) and another suggestion which I've seen people give a fair amount of praise is Littlewood. I hope this helps!

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

MrPhiliasfrog

Oct 25, 2017

CapNBritain

Oct 26, 2017
California
As someone who loves Nintendo, I'm at least trying to revive the Nintendo community here and if it fails, it fails but at least I can say that I tried y'know?

I appreciate your hard work and dedication and will definitely be keeping tabs on this thread. Stalled on my replay of Triangle Strategy so my Switch is going to rest in its dock for a bit until something new captures my attention. The Wii Sports successor seems slightly interesting, but I don't know if any of my friends care now. Might hibernate until Pokémon in the fall.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I appreciate your hard work and dedication and will definitely be keeping tabs on this thread. Stalled on my replay of Triangle Strategy so my Switch is going to rest in its dock for a bit until something new captures my attention. The Wii Sports successor seems slightly interesting, but I don't know if any of my friends care now. Might hibernate until Pokémon in the fall.
I appreciate it!

Speaking of Triangle Strategy, I'm actually going to pick up my copy from Best Buy in a bit. I've been prolonging buying it for a long time now but I'm super stoked to finally get it and dive into it tonight lol. I've wanted it for a while so I'm fairly excited and hope I end up loving it. As for the Wii Sports Successor, man like, I don't know. I'm no not-excited for it but like at the same time I just don't see it living up to the hype of Wii Sports in the sense that everyone will unanimously love it. It also doesn't help that we already know something like Golfing will be added later on down the road which makes me want to wait to see what other sports are actually coming to the game in the next few months

CapNBritain

Oct 26, 2017
California
I appreciate it!

Speaking of Triangle Strategy, I'm actually going to pick up my copy from Best Buy in a bit. I've been prolonging buying it for a long time now but I'm super stoked to finally get it and dive into it tonight lol. I've wanted it for a while so I'm fairly excited and hope I end up loving it. As for the Wii Sports Successor, man like, I don't know. I'm no not-excited for it but like at the same time I just don't see it living up to the hype of Wii Sports in the sense that everyone will unanimously love it. It also doesn't help that we already know something like Golfing will be added later on down the road which makes me want to wait to see what other sports are actually coming to the game in the next few months

If you're into tactics games you'll enjoy Triangle Strategy. The story might seems low and boring at first, but I got invested in the worldbuilding and crazy choices I had to make after a few chapters. I really wanted to play again to see the story I missed, and to also try out new units I overlooked, but I think fatigue set in. I'm pretty sure I got the worst ending too, but 20 hours is a commitment.

For a new Wii Sports to be successful it needed to be tied to the console's launch tog et everyone talking. For the Switch it was actually BotW, except it worked in the more traditional sense of getting the hardcore to lead the mainstream. Now, everyone already knows about the Switch and it's just one more release on a known system that doesn't easily display something revolutionary. Can you imagine a Switch 2 (in 2024 because I'm not crazy) that released with a definitive BotW2 and a Wii Sports successor? It would be massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.