• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favorite Fire Emblem: Three Houses character?

• Bernadetta

Votes: 214 13.1%
  • Dorothea

Votes: 143 8.8%
  • Edelgard

Votes: 341 20.9%
  • Petra

Votes: 234 14.4%
  • I Picked The Wrong House When I Played Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Votes: 83 5.1%
  • Claude

Votes: 252 15.5%
  • Nothing to report!

Votes: 362 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My dude, I love my mum, but not that much.

This is why Hubert is best. Because he has none of that shit. Loyalty means nothing when there's justice to be done.
Lol Hubert probably did much worse things for Edelgard than Rhea ever did. Terrible example

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol Hubert probably did much worse things for Edelgard than Rhea ever did. Terrible example
Hubert is stupidly loyal to Edelgard, though.
Are you kidding? Hubert did far worse for El. You picked the worst example you could for that.

I think their main point was that Hubert is willing to directly disobey Edelgard's orders at times.

Pretty sure Catherine and Cyril would never do that for Rhea, as shown in BE-E route.

Feb 21, 2019
I tell you who it isn't. Edelgard.

When the choice comes, and she made her intentions clear, it was like...Oh its on...I will hunt to the ends of the earth to destroy your misguded self and all your cronies...no I haven't finished the route yet

Its probably Petra.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
is it even possible to not forever despise edelgard if you played blue lions first?
she'll get no sympathy for me

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I actually don't know that he did. For all his posturing of being evil, I can't think of anything, at least in BE or BL, that comes across as actively evil.

I could totally believe that he did, but nothing comes to mind. And certainly nothing close to what gets pulled out in BE's last map, in either case.

This isn't me trying to jokingly Stan btw, I'm actually curious. His character would be significantly different depending on where his moral line is. We know he's willing to go against Edelgard if he disagrees with her, but we never see him in a position where he would morally object to what she wants, and aside from one vague and implied thing at the start of his paralogue, nothing where he's doing shady shit without her knowledge either.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the love for Bernie. I understand that she has a tragic story and I really wanted to sympathize with her because of it but so far she's been played for a joke too many times and I find it irritating and distasteful. Rest of the empire class are all either pretty good to great. I like the power dynamics between the nobility and the commoners and tend to favour the commoners.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
is it even possible to not forever despise edelgard if you played blue lions first?
she'll get no sympathy for me
Because most people played her route in a route first (if the in game statistics in the first two week are anything to go off of), so we know where she's coming from.

She's everything Fates Conquest should have been.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Since there's already plenty of support for the girls, Ashe and Ferdinand von Aegir here we go

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Edelgard and Petra are definitely my top two. I love a LOT of the characters though. Bernadetta, Ashe, Linhardt, Lysithea... so many great characters.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Probably one of my bigger character disappointments in the game. His meme game is strong but that's about it.
That is so reductive of his character
He is smarter than everyone and seems to be the only person that is thinking about really is the best for Fodlan
Sorry that is he isnt a warmongering asshole or the deceptive snake that some people wanted him to be but he is by no means a disappointment

OP
OP

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Is this where I point out that any vote for The Wrong House is a vote for Petra

Cause it is

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Claude is the most well written character in the game with the most natural dialogue. The has the noblest goal of everyone, and manages to achieve his dreams without sacrificing his morals or siding with obvious villains. Plus he was the only one not responsible for the bloodshed that occurred. He's the hero that Fodlan needed.

Also:

I absolutely agree. Claude is the best.

That being said, I still need to finish my Black Eagles run and haven't even started Blue Lions, but I doubt my opinion will change. Claude is just too damn charming and he's just a great guy in general. Like you said, thanks to the fantastic writing and voice acting he really feels the most natural.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the love for Bernie. I understand that she has a tragic story and I really wanted to sympathize with her because of it but so far she's been played for a joke too many times and I find it irritating and distasteful. Rest of the empire class are all either pretty good to great. I like the power dynamics between the nobility and the commoners and tend to favour the commoners.
Distasteful? Oh, hell no.

I was really, really badly bullied as a kid to the point that I had some of the same social issues that Bernie has. I was never a shut-in, but I can understand her desire to stay in the comfort of her room and her anxiety with having to deal with other people. She's not the butt of the joke. She's someone who was badly hurt and who just expects to be hurt more, even when people approach her with no ill will. As I've seen more and more of her supports, that just comes across clearer and clearer to me, and it's painful to see how much of what she goes through is so accurate.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
The one true tier list:

cULesq4.png

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He is smarter than everyone and seems to be the only person that is thinking about really is the best for Fodlan

You're not wrong but that also helps to explain why he's boring to me. After two extremely interesting grey-morality characters, getting someone who's just... well, a good guy, is meh.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
It would be much easier to choose the worst character for me(Bernadetta by a long way). The poll including her and Claude aka Tuxedo Mask is a travesty. I voted Petra but it's a pretty close race between her and about 4 others for me, and that certainly doesn't include Ms. I'm-Going-To-Get-Offended-When-Felix-Calls-Me-On-My-Bullshit Dorothea.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Claude being basically perfect among the rest of the cast makes him stand out as being a lesser character, ironically enough.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Claude being basically perfect among the rest of the cast makes him stand out as being a lesser character, ironically enough.
I somewhat agree, but he's so intensely charming that I don't think it matters. He's the most like a traditional FE protagonist the game has, for better or worse.

His dialogue is just so fun to listen to.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You're not wrong but that also helps to explain why he's boring to me. After two extremely interesting grey-morality characters, getting someone who's just... well, a good guy, is meh.
Better be a well written good guy than a grey character with writing issues