• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Damn it nooooooooooooooooo this is so sad. This guy is an industry icon and so brave, happy, amazing, and best of all he loved Nintendo so much. He was never in it to be better than Sony or Microsoft.... he just wanted his own thing. I'm going to miss him so much. Reggie was without a doubt one of my favourite people in the video game industry. It's very sad to see him go. This truly is the end of an Era.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
With Bowser now president Mario is in for a world of pain!

Bad joke aside, end of an era.. I still remember his first e3 back in 2004!

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
My body wasn't ready for that. I'm glad I was able to meet and shake his hand back in 2006. Thanks for all the memories and awesomeness.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
PuVkqf0.jpg

A new era
Oh no. OH NO.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I'm glad he was able to go, while Nintendo is booming with success. Leaving on great terms.

I'll miss his updates. He truly was a great face for a great company.

I wish him and his all the best. I'll buy him a beer if I ever have the chance.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man I feel legit sad bout this. I knew his time would come someday, but ahh. Wish him all the best!

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
All my adult life Ive see him as the (america) president of the only company that Im an admirer and really pationate about.

Man, it feels weird to see him retire.

Can you imagine that Bowser guy at E3? Geez...

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, he'll be missed. Really the end of an era.

It's too bad he wasn't able to deliver Mother 3 to us, in the end. I'm curious if the new president will acknowledge it at all. Maybe it's a chance for him to do something risky but popular with the fans to start with.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
In the video, Reggie says about Bowser: "Who better to be given the keys to Nintendo's Castle?"

Was Peach consulted about this?

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy your retirement Reggie!!

Going out on top with Switch dominating North America no less.

The era of Bowser has begun!!

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
There really is something so serendipitous about the Switch being the swan song for the old guard. In the end, Nintendo finally pulled through.

agreed. They were flying high with the Wii and DS, but obviously the Wii U changed all that.(a!though 3DS was a moderate success).

good to see Reggie retire while Switch is doing so well. Hoping Bowser(great name) does a good job.

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
You guys act like having Bowser as a president will be a good think. Dont you guys know....? BOWSER HATES MARIO THEY ARE ENEMIES

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
It was a print magazine on video games. Even in 2012, the writing was on the wall.
Of course, but it's not like so same people wouldn't have been valuable in other roles, or simply moving the magazine to an online format. That is beside the point as it sounds like the layoff was handled poorly in general(i.e. laying off a team in front of everyone without having told said team beforehand).

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Just a few weeks ago, I randomly thought to myself that one of these days, Reggie won't be at Nintendo anymore, and it'll be weird.

I did not expect that day to be so soon.