• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Fuck I can't believe how this is actually making me tear up.

Truly the end of an era, I still remember so well as a kid when he took his position and was ready to kick some ass.

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
I expect a Mega64 send-off video and Mother 3 localized to release on his day of departure. Godspeed Reg.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, his passion will be missed. I hope he enjoys his retirement. As for his replacement, I don't know anything about Doug Bowser

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought and hoped he'd be able to become CEO of Nintendo as a whole someday. Safe travels good man Reggie.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad he got on stage at the VGAs with the other bosses before he left. That's a nice note to have near the end of his tenure.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bowser entered NoA as the Senior VP of Sales/Marketing in 2015 and that was right before Switch took off.

Considering how that has unarguably been one of the strongest things about the Switch and its games overall, I trust Nintendo is in good hands.

Ephemeris

Oct 25, 2017
Also the Iwata vs Reggie fight will never stop being great.
so-many-punches.gif
haven't seen this one in years.

These feels. GG Reggie.

GG.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also we need to remember that this means that Bowser controls both Washington D.C. and Nintendo. What's next in his scheme for world domination, Bowser/Kamek 2020?

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's silly to say as I'm no videogame executive but I'm a teeny tinsy worried that Bowser (that last name will never get old) has been with Nintendo only since 2015 and before that was a suit in *shudder* EA.

I'm sure he was chosen for a reason but still.

Best of luck to both.

PS: how old is Reggie? I was under the impression he was too young to retire just yet.
Isn't 57 pretty young to retire?
So 57 huh? Yeah that's very young indeed but I guess someone in that position with the 6 (7?) digit salary he's been surely enjoying for 15 years there is something he can muster if he so desires. I'm sure he's set for life as are his wife and kids.

Mar 23, 2018
"Okay, that's all the time I've got. I gotta get back to playing the unreleased localization of Mother 3 on my protoype Super Nintendo Switch"

Have fun dropping off the battle bus and keeping the Ridley energy alive!

EOS-HDC

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tijuana, B.C, Mexico
Completely unexpected, but it's never the right moment to go away.

A major blow to Nintendo memes here.

Enjoy your retirement Reggie, you will certainly be missed a lot.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Y'all motherfuckers need to stop talking about Miyamoto retiring soon. My heart can't take it.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wah! This is sad news. I was thinking about this kind of situation recently but I didn't think it would actually happen so soon. Gonna be a damn shame that's for sure.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just one piece of the triforce left.

I hope the Internet organizes to create a huge thank you card for him.

He deserves it