• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
iVpGRqP.gif

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man... he's not even that old? Why's he retiring?

Having worked with a lot of executive recruiters, sometimes people in these roles "retire" and return a couple years later in a new position at a different company, or possibly even the old one. Not saying that's what'll happen here, but he might just feel he's accomplished enough and is already financially secure.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
If you don't really pay attention to Nintendo.

You'll be surprise how prevalent Nintendo's major figures are to fans. Theyre ususally the ones to talk to us through directs and whatnot. And make fun of themselves frequently. Probably one of the biggest things that sets Nintendo apart from others.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
Damn, I'm gonna miss the guy. He had both prescence and heart, you could tell he really cared about Nintendo. Bowser's got some big shoes to fill.

Hope he can at least show up on some Keighley streams to joke around and tease games that will never come.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Reggie done good. Time to rest. Let's hope Doug gives us as many golden memes as Reggie did.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Wow this is surprising. Reggie is not that old and I was hoping that he would become Nintendo's next CEO and challenge Japan's business homogeny.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Damn Reggie, you will be missed!

Enter Bowser, looking to get rid of Mario once and for... oh wait wrong one.

No Reggie, no Kaz. I need some new GIFs/memes to cope.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A NINTENDO DIRECT ON APRIL.

Reggie will host it and the final announcement will be Mother 3.

Book it.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Ive only been playing nintendo consoles on and off for a while, but man did he have charsma.

Id like for him to be in atleast one more direct, but it wont happen :(

But man retiring at 50 is like the ideal dream, and leaving your company with a great legacy, fans, and on upward momentum

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I think a mother 3 announcement should be his last duty as president.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
End of an era.

I remember when he first appeared on the scene, kicking ass and taking names. Such a great moment in Nintendo history.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
'Bowser takes over NOA' is not a headline I'd have ever expected to read.

Reggie did a lot for Nintendo during a wild period in the company's history. He's definitely earned that retirement.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Honestly, I cant wait to see him go. I hope Doug bowser is more about making games than making money. I know it's probably Nintendo of Japan keeping him on a short leash but man, I cant stand figurehead CEOs. Fucking DO SOMETHING!!!

Mother fucker never even brought over mother 3.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
John Gannon to be sworn in as VP.

Rob Giovanni as head of sales.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, imagine Reggie making one last appearance in an April Direct — one last "one more thing" — and it's like Mother 3 or F-Zero or something.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
I'm not taking this well, guys. I guess my body wasn't ready.
Do we have Info on what's the reason he's leaving?
Surprise Direct on Reggie's last day. Thirty seconds. He hands an envelope to Bowser. Bowser looks at it confused, opens it. Camera zooms into a Switch cart that says Earthbound Trilogy. End credits. Reggie flies away on the back of a CG Ridley into the stars.
Right into my veiiiinssss!

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Oh shit.
I would have liked at least one last E3.
Dude is a fuckin legend. What a wonderful career he had, it'll be hard to accept it lol.
Hope he'll enjoy his retirement !
All the best to Doug.

Respect, Reggie Fils-Aime.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gaming (specifically great games) always seemed to be his biggest priority. A credit to the industry.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
I like Reggie. He even came over last E3 to check out Ori and the Will of the Wisps, which made our whole team freak out. Hope he gets more time now to spend with his family.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
As a Nintendo and Reggie fan, I'm sad to hear this. But personally as I start to think about my own retirement in the upcoming decades (it's still far enough away yet closer than you think), I'm really happy for him to have this time for his famy and friends.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I met Reggie at industry events in LA a few times. Really one of the nicest guys and a genuinely warm person and inviting even when superfans were being a bit extra. This is a bummer because a Nintendo fan he was synonymous with the Nintendo brand. I truly wish him and his family the best.