• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What does this even mean? Are they trying to tie the two together, are we supposed to believe there's something they're going to announce the day before the game launches?

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
e82.gif
y6e45NM.gif

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
didn't we just have this thread and then it got locked?
anyway, just a day until the mother 1+2+3 announcement

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably DLC 1 or upcoming content.

So... what are Nintendo related franchise could the character be from? Would it be Metroid Prime 4 character? Bayonetta 3 char? Or something third party that's showing something off?

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if we get MP4 trailer establishing Sylux as the main villain and Smash DLC 1 trailer revealing to be Sylux? I could see this happening.

EDIT: Forget about the DLC reveal. They just finalized it, no way they have a trailer ready. But I can see Sylux joining down the line.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
They only recently finalized the dlc list. You think they are really gonna show anything before Piranha Plant comes out?

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Any hints from the insiders besides Metroid Prime 4?

Expecting that + some Smash DLC.

Retro's new game would be amazing, but don't think it will happen.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Smash bros dlc 1 possibly? And we need pirhana plants date too
Hooray! Hopefully this is a DLC announcement and not just a launch trailer.

I'm putting forth my prediction/hope. Right after the Doom Eternal trailer:

Doom Marine Rips and Tears into Battle!

It'll be a rotating 3D model like Mewtwo.
I expect Piranha Plant launch details and something about the next DLC character.
DLC tease. I believe!
I don't think Rex/Pyra could be announced at TGA... If it is a Smash DLC, who do you think can be?
They specially name called smash in this tweet. I think DLC 1 announcement is happening.
Smash DLC confirmed!
It's just going to be a Smash launch trailer and some DLC info. I doubt anything related to Metroid is coming.
Same. This is what I'm hoping for.
Final Character reveal??!
To quote what I said in another thread talking about the same thing...
  • Piranha Plant still doesn't have a solidified release date. For reference, Lucas' reveal came after (shortly after, but still) Mewtwo got his.
  • The Fighters Pass characters weren't finalized until after the November Smash Direct.
  • Likewise, if we take Sakurai at his word, Fighters Pass development didn't start until very recently.
Unless they intend on just giving us a name at The Game Awards, I doubt we'll hear anything substantial about the Fighters Pass at The Game Awards beyond "Hey, don't forget to buy Smash Ultimate & the Fighters Pass". Maybe we could get Piranha Plant's rock-solid release date if we're lucky, but I feel like that'll be saved for the January Direct, with the first Fighters Pass reveal being either in the January Direct after PP's released date reveal (see Mewtwo's release date being followed by Lucas' reveal) or the Spring Direct.

In short, I'm only expecting Metroid Prime 4, an HD port of Metroid Prime Trilogy, & maybe Bayonetta 3. And honestly, that's more than enough for The Game Awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.