• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Santerestil

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I thought Atari were doing their own shady console thing, why would they get into bed with this one too lol.
The Atari one is a console/media center that stay connected at the TV, this is more something a grandma gift to her niece who want a Switch to play Fortnite - so no overlap ;P

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
The whole "switch rival" thing is obviously some corny crap. While I doubt I'll find anything in this that will make it a must-buy for me, I'm not particularly put off by the idea of commercial emulation boxes at this point.

That said, they oughta put out some developer tools for this thing.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
It's funny when things like this happen. Always a few jokes in the console generations. Best one imo was ngage. I still lol when thinking about that debacle

Oct 25, 2017
La Résistance Country
Interplay and Data East collections just announced.

AwOsSct.jpg

FhKP5qG.jpg

Last edited:

Chas Hodges

Nov 7, 2017
Honestly, I'm not adverse to any of this, but I'm almost 100% certain it will flop.

Price point seems reasonable, game choices are a bit iffy, but not terrible, industrial design is obviously untested, but in theory isn't horrible, and yet...

...will die at retail.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The Piko Interactive cart almost sold me on this, lots of weird interesting games on that thing.

I think a lot more people would be on board with it if they dropped the whole "it's a REAL console with CARTS and NO DOWNLOADS" angle. That's worked out for the Playdate, kinda.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those products that gets stuck in the gaming section of Target and uninformed grandmas buy them as Christmas gifts.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo in tatters. Evercade is now the new hotness.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
Ugh, this actually looks good. Really digging the nostalgic design and some of the games are pretty cool deep cuts that I don't think are available on the eShop yet. If I wasn't drowning in games I honestly might pick this up, given that the price is right on the cusp of impulse-buy territory.

Johnwess

Nov 3, 2017
I thought we could choose our 3 game cartridges. Those 3 pre selected cartridge packs are lame.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I'm having a hard time believing anyone cares about these shovelware retro "we believe in gaming since last year" consoles anymore.

Here's a bet, once they finally release information about who's actually "making" this, a lot of people will reverse a lot of payments. If they're even secretive about this, you can be pretty much sure it's another scam attempt by one of the other retro game console shams.

Last edited:

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Woof is that ugly. Not bad on the licensing front as far as these things go.

Nice that they got the button layout right. :)

Lardonate

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but it looks unappealing design wise and the games are like nes versions of popular arcade games. I played those to death on my phone like a decade ago. I can see people buying it though. It's the kind of thing I could imagine someone buying me as a gift. I'd have to be all polite and happy. Power it up once and place it in a drawer for two decades before finally throwing it away.

I'm sure some people will love it. But it's not for us.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Did they not get the rights to Namco in the US? The US three-pack bundle comes with Atari, Interplay, and Data East (cartridges number 1, 3, and 4) and the Namco Museum cart isn't listed on Amazon US.

That's a pretty big blow. You'd think they'd want to put Pac-Man on the packaging if they could (he's front and center on the UK boxes).