• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Control Ultimate Edition – Cloud Version now available for Switch

Control Ultimate Edition – Cloud Version is now available for Switch via the Nintendo eShop, publisher 505 Games and developer Remedy Entertainment announced.
www.gematsu.com

HITMAN III – Cloud Version announced for Switch

IO Interactive will release HITMAN III – Cloud Version for Switch via the Nintendo eShop, the developer announced. A release date was not announced.

So you have to be online to play these I guess? Netflix style?

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Interesting how this is finally being done in the west. Japan already has a bunch of Cloud Version games, including Resident Evil 7, Phantasy Star Online 2, and Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Hitman III could actually work as a cloud game, not really sure about a heavy action game like Control

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Timing seems to be on point with those next gen consoles coming soon. I guess the actual third party support will decline on Switch without cloud versions, because the console won't be able to play next gen games.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
I remember them already trying to do this with past titles like AC Origins, do I remember right?

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
How does this work generally? I'm guessing not well.

It's awesome if you like queueing while keeping social distancing.

ElbE2psWMAA9oTP

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Will Hitman 1 & 2 content ever be available? If so, does that mean we could get more accurate versions of these disguises

latest
latest

Deleted member 44122

played for a bit in performance mode. looked and played fine, then it started lagging after a few minutes which made it kinda unplayable since i was walking off edges and aiming at nothing basically :P

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
wait, is this free? or do you pay for time? or is it part of NSO?

and who's cloud service is this running on?

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I played a LOT of hitman using remote play and it was one of the better experiences using that feature. I'll definitely get Hitman 3.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, it literally just came out... of course there's going to be queues.

Curious, what's the price model on this?

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
I got time to play enhanced mode before the queue, this thing actually has ray tracing, I finished the game with RT ON on PC. Feels like 1080p 30fps

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Control is ... well, it runs, i'll leave it at that, at least in Docked Mode. Both the enhanced performance and graphics modes look the same, with the graphics mode running worse.

Couldn't do much testing as the demo is timed at 5-minutes, and as soon as you hit that you need to purchase $40 USD access pass to continue playing. I really want to continue checking this but, I dunno.

No thanks!

Control-Access-Pass-on-Switch.png

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have no intention of buying games in a cloud setting, but more power to those that are excited about this and have no other way to play Control.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Not for me as I don't rent games (yes yes I know you technically only buy a license, but everyone knows what I mean).

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
www.gematsu.com

Control Ultimate Edition – Cloud Version now available for Switch

Control Ultimate Edition – Cloud Version is now available for Switch via the Nintendo eShop, publisher 505 Games and developer Remedy Entertainment announced.
www.gematsu.com

HITMAN III – Cloud Version announced for Switch

IO Interactive will release HITMAN III – Cloud Version for Switch via the Nintendo eShop, the developer announced. A release date was not announced.

So you have to be online to play these I guess? Netflix style?

Yeah, it need internet

They've done this before with Resident Evil 7 for the Nintendo Switch

Yeah, but notably those cloud versions never came out of Japan. This is the first time, that I know of, they are trying this on a wider scale

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I was bamboozled when I saw the Hitman 3 Switch trailer in my YouTube inbox lol. Cloud of course makes sense.
But I'd argue GFN + Kishi is a better approach for handheld cloud gaming (PC license, OLED, higher resolution etc).

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Who is actually running the cloud service for these games? Have all games on Switch run through the same service, or have their been multiple companies?