• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Bummed not to see Disco Elysium, but it was still a fantastic direct.

Some of the titles people are bummed to not see (Disco Elysium, Silk Song, etc) are all really big and would overshadow most of the titles in this presentation. They'd hold their own in a normal direct and don't really need the indie showcase platform. I think Nintendo has been very smart with these indie showcases, having bigger titles as the one more thing (cadence of hyrule, axiom verge 2, exit the gungeon, goose game coop) while leaving the rest of the presentation to smaller titles.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
A fucking +.

The shadow drops are real. Im all in on Short Hike and Takeshi and Hiroshi.

Very interested in Raji/Spiritfarer.

Looking forward to Bear and Breakfast and Card Shark.

Glad to see Inmost and Hyonospace Outlaw coming so soon too.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Biggest surprise for me was Subnautica, and I cannot wait... only wish it was coming sooner!

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy good showing; way beyond my warm expectations for how these usually go.

So much coming out today. I'm too backlogged to handle any of it now, so despite the enticement of the introductory sales I'll mostly be marking them down on a wish list. I had Raji, A Short Hike, and Manifold Garden all jotted down (with Spiritfarer at the back of my mind since it was first announced, and Evergate somewhat catching my attention), and it's not clear at all which one I'll want to dive into first. And Card Shark is already a major one to watch on my list for 2021 list—just enchanted by the concept and the art style.

Ports-wise, I love Subnautica to death but never expected it here because it was such a massive performance hog on PC, to the point that I'd written off proceeding to Below Zero (which has been in Early Access for while). If the port actually runs decently, and especially if the two are bundled together, it will be a high priority for me to pick it up in 2021. Let's just say this about Subnautica: I've never seen an idea so incredible that was so held back by technical defects. So we'll see how well it's been optimized for the Switch. I'll take graphical compromises; I just want it to run and handle well (and hopefully with gyro).

Hades was a game I skipped and just forgot about due to EGS, and Supergiant is hit or miss for me (wasn't too keen on Bastion, but was delighted by Transistor), so I'm glad to see it present. No room in my life to stack even more roguelikes, though, so it will probably be a rainy-day pickup for me in, say, two years' time when it's experienced some steeper sales.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that Grindstone is absolutely great. Easily the best thing I played during my Apple Arcade trial.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
That was seriously so good. My eShop wishlist just got a whole lot bigger.

I can't wait to try the Hypnospace Outlaw demo. Also, Spiritfarer and Raji releasing today is wild. So many games to play.

rebisdee

May 14, 2018
New York
Lots of really neat looking games! I enjoyed that presentation a lot. I'll pick up at least one for sure today, either spirtfarer or Raji. and Hades is a no brainer when that hits, especially with cross save.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, reiterate what I'm seeing other people are saying. Excellent indie direct and even including normal directs, one of the better ones I can think of off the top of my head. Looking forward to the eshop refreshing and doing some shopping.

Syrenne

Producer of Manifold Garden
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
All the games that were Available Today are 10 minutes out from launch!

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Hypnospace Outlaw on consoles is not something I really expected, to be honest. Amazing game, though I wonder how it would feel for people who didn't experience that particular era of the internet themselves.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Presumably, yeah:

www.eurogamer.net

Golf Story follow-up Sports Story delayed indefinitely

Sports Story, developer Sidebar Games' much-expanded follow-up to its delightful 2017 sporting RPG Golf Story, has been…
Oh damn, I wasn't aware of this either. That's too bad, but understandable. Maybe in the interim they can work on some quick ports of Golf Story for other platforms. It's such a great game and more people should get to experience it.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
That was a pretty fantastic indie direct. Absolute tons of shadowdrops, for good or bad. I want several of those... which do I go with first :p

Raji probably

Oct 27, 2017
Willing to buy Short Hike, Takeshi, and Spiritfarer today just need specifics on other platforms and price. Spiritfarer is coming to game pass too right?

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
US prices for today's drops:

Spiritfarer $29.99
Takeshi and Hiroshi $8.99
Raji: An Ancient Epic $24.99
A Short Hike $7.99
Manifold Garden $19.99
Evergate $19.99

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I thought that Direct was great! Raji, especially, came out of nowhere for me and I'm definitely picking it up today. A Short Hike also looks good, as did that Bear & Breakfast game. Very strong!

A short hike is basically a cute indie game built around breath of the wild style exploration. Everyone should play it.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Sorry if someone has already asked, but is there a typical hour (3PM, 4PM, etc) when Nintendo usually publishes new content?

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OH
A Short Hike is cheap! Alright that's definitely being bought and played tonight, I always imagine games launching at like $15/$20 as a minimum.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Potentially in for spiritfarer and a short hike this week.

But I can't hide my disappointment of the one more thing this time around, I'm so accustomed to the final mic drop game reveal and instead got unneeded multiplayer for a one and done game I have no plans to return to.
Oh well I'm sure kids will love it.