• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Sports Story and Axiom Verge 2 are two very strong indie reveals. Cant wait to dig in to both.

Dauntless looked a lot better than it did few months ago when it was shown the last time on the Switch. Survivalists, Streets of Rage 4 will also get a play.

Solid overall with a great ending and start especially.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I thought that was an amazing presentation!! Axiom Verge 2 has made my day!!
Neat format, but a lot of the games didn't interest me. Murder by Numbers was probably my favorite game shown off, but I also hope SkateBIRD is fun and controls well.

Wish Super Crush KO was in the direct.
I thought SkateBird was absolutely terrible when I got my hands on it. I understand why people are excited about it but the controls were awful. If people are expecting THPS with a bird they're going to be hugely disappointed.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
That was pretty underwhelming. I like the idea of Sports Story and I miss the RPG-focused Mario sports games but Golf Story never really grabbed me so not sure about that one. Axiom Verge 2 is great news. Supermash could be good or it could be incredibly shallow.

Other than those it was all pretty standard, uninspiring indie game fare. A moody black and white platformer. A chaotic coop party game. A crafting survival game. A hack and slash dungeon crawler. A free to play Monster Hunter clone with Fortnite's artsyle. Yawn.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Murder by Numbers got a time frame and Boyfriend Dungeon is coming to Switch, lmao, didn't expect to see those two game at all in this showcase, but I'm all the more happy for it.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Kind of a meh presentation for me. I'm only interested in Boyfriend Dungeon. And maybe Dauntless if my friends join me.

Sports Story would maybe be up my alley if you weren't still stuck playing as the pompadour man. Usually indie games have more character customization stuff than what inspired them, not less. Camelot's GB Mario Tennis let you pick between 2 male and 2 female characters (both a kid and adult character for each).

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
For what I caught of it, it was alright. I might download Dauntless, but I didn't really care much about what I saw. Liberated and Skatebird did catch my interest, and I'll probably download Dauntless later today, but that's about it.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Sports Story is hype. Golf Story is a great game and this one looks even more fun.

Murder by Numbers also looks great and, worst case, gives us more music by the Phoenix Wright composer.

I've played a bit of Talos Principle on PC so I'm kinda excited to try it out on Switch.

Axiom Verge looks interesting, maybe I should play the first one.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Axiom Verge 2 was a fantastic surprise.

Don't understand when I see games like Streets of Rage 4 included, Sega is a company with huge resources. Doesn't need to be in this video.

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
Not the most exciting of Indie World showcases for me personally.

The Adam Hunter trailer for Streets of Rage 4 was definitely the highlight, no release date yet but it is what it is. Sports Story looks geniunely good, however I haven't played Golf Story yet. I already own Talos Principle on PS4, but I'll likely check out Dauntless, and it was good to see Skatebird.

More than anything, I'm steamed at Nintendo for showcasing that shameful Hollow Knight ripoff. What a completely garbage move that makes me not want to support that company.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Sports Story, sold.

Survivalists, gotta see how that develops.

Other games looked good even if they were not for me.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Dauntless is a blast, but considering how horribly it runs on consoles, I have no idea how they're gonna get it to run acceptably on the switch.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Sports Story, Axiom verge 2 and murders by numbers are day one.
Survivalists interest me.

Rest is...eeeeeh... I don't know.
So, not that much overall but with my actual backlog...

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Also, I'm not gonna lie, I'm afraid that Sports story will feel very unfocused, with all the activities. Golf Story was great and the small additions like disc golf and galf were perfect as they didn't detract from the main subject while bringing some variety.
Here, I'm afraid that we'll just have "a little bit of everything" and I don't like that. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd have preferred something more focused.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Talos Principle, Dauntless and Murder by Numbers for me. Probably Sports Story as well.

Axiom Verge 2 maybe.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Wait has nobody made a thread about Supermash yet? That looked like the game of the show for me...

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of them are 2020 but then again 2020 is right around the corner. Lack of release dates in general might be from difficulties in indie development. I feel like many of them get delayed along the way and it's probably harder to estimate a release date for a not-so streamlined development. I think some that were shown in older indie directs hasn't been released yet (Sakuna, Mineko, Red Lantern, Kentucky - off the top of my head) hopefully we'll see more of them soon but I have lots to play through too.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
S-skate...bird...

Bird........

on a...

skateboard.

Tony Almost-Literal-Hawk Pro Skater...

Tiny Hawk Pro Skater......................

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
That sports story is a perfect idea.
Supermash looks very interesting.

Talos Principal looks intriguing too.
Silksong may be big enough to just be presented at The Game Awards.

Sports Story is my only sure buy from what I saw.
They always show new games.
I never thought HK silksong could be there.

Even though I want the game so much...

Apr 21, 2018
Gleamlight looks like it was ripped from Hollow Knight? Wtf

But not nearly as good. I like the stained-glass art-style, but the game didn't look like it ran smoothly or had the great animation of Hollow Knight.

Pretty meh presentation for me. Axiom Verge 2 is cool. Surprising that sports story was Switch exclusive. Nothing as exciting as Goose Game was last year.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Honestly, not surprised at the lack of Silksong. Back before Hollow Knight was in the general consciousness (Read: back when it was only on PC), the game was barely marketed in irects (I think it only appeared in a japanese indie direct), before it was shadow-dropped on E3 2018. Since then it has become one of the Switch's biggest indie darlings.

IMO, Hollow knight jumped the gap of regular indie game marketing, right into big deal marketing. That and Team Cherry likes to keep silence until they feel they are ready to show something. So I'm actually expecting news of the Switch port next year, not this one. Maybe in a direct. Or in TC's youtube channel, either or.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when people are going to learn these indie presentations are always new announcements? You were never going to get a Silksong update here

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
fun showcase, I think expecting Silksong at this point in time is foolish considering they're not releasing the game any time soon and we already know it's coming to switch.
Weird they didn't add one trailer for King of Cards releasing today but this might be a bit weird since we knew the release date for awhile now.
I also feel like indie development is way more of a wild card so it's pretty much impossible for Nintendo to give clear release dates except when a game is release close to release.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when people are going to learn these indie presentations are always new announcements? You were never going to get a Silksong update here

I even said it earlier in the thread, almost all of the games in all of these are new announcements, not updates on previous announcements. This is also the case for general Directs (with the exception of first party games).

And it's most definitely a good thing.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
Gleamlight looks like Hollow Knight but bad. Happy to be proven wrong.

Yeah, it looked like such a crass, obvious imitation that I'm surprised it got showcased.

Supermash looks really cool, did nobody else find that interesting?

I'm definitely interested. One of the highlights (along with Sports Story [!!!] and maybe Skatebird) in a presentation that otherwise didn't have much that grabbed me.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I'm not gonna lie, I'm afraid that Sports story will feel very unfocused, with all the activities. Golf Story was great and the small additions like disc golf and galf were perfect as they didn't detract from the main subject while bringing some variety.
Here, I'm afraid that we'll just have "a little bit of everything" and I don't like that. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd have preferred something more focused.

I thought it was about Golf and Tennis and thought that's cool and then all the different sports were shown and I was like ... why? The game does look really good though so I will give them the benefit of the doubt but I hope it doesn't become a unfocused mess. Dungeons alone would have been a good addition tbh.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I thought there was some great stuff in there like Supermash and Boyfriend Dungeon, and the boat game I don't remember the name of.

What I don't like to see is Survivalists using some tired and blatantly racist colonialist shit. I understand the survival genre has been done to death at this point, but dig up stupid.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
One of the strongest indie presentations they've ever done imo
Yeah, probably a bit unfair to compare this one to the one with Cuphead and Cadence of Hyrule in one show. Those two announcements were too big and drowned out the other games there. This one is what an indie showcase should be like, giving attention to games we wouldn't know about otherwise (for the most part).

Oct 26, 2017
Was really going we'd see some more of Red Lantern. There wasn't a whole lot I was interested in today, but what a strong opener and closer, sequels to two of the eshop's most popular games, and they're both looking great.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I think people expecting Silksong need to realise that these presentations rarely have an emphasis on games that we already know about. It's usually mostly new stuff.
Also, that game totally didn't seem ready yet.