• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Show wasn't that good imo.
Probably mostly due to the order (end it on Sports Story instead), and the quick dev presentations with a bad mic didn't help either.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
For a second there I was like "The madmen did it! They gave Metroid to an ind... oh"

Didn't like Axiom Verge a lot but I'm happy for Tom.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Sports Story is an insta buy. I also really liked the concept of that genre mash up game. The survivalist looked great too. A pretty good presentation all around. Some interesting things coming which I would like to see more of.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Solid show. Up for Sports Story and Axiom Verge 2. Will keep an eye on this Not Phoenix Wright though

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Team 17's looked alright, hope it has a fun RTS element with the monkeys

Everything else looked alright too but nothing I feel like playing atm

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Spirts story, super mash and sail forth were the highlights for me, definitely interested in those

also what's dauntless

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Maybe I am hard to please however, only Sports Story (the tennis looks superb!) and Skate Bird grabbed my attention. I admired Axiom Verge, but just didn't enjoy playing the game for some reason...

A shame Silksong didn't make an appearance. Perhaps it is 'too big' for an Indie Direct?

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
Bummer that there wasn't anything that interested me in this showcase, but it was a nice presentation. Lots of good-looking games coming for those looking for something fun.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I probably won't buy a single game in that presentation, but that was neat.

Maybe I'll grab Sports Story.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Did you guys catch that Survivalists trailer? I can't fucking wait to play a British-developed game about landing on a tropical island, claiming it as your own, training 'monkeys', and killing the savage dark-skinned natives who oppose you.

It's gonna be great. Think of all the crafting!

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Some cool games shown off, but I just don't see the value of these Indie directs if they're not coming soon. There's so many games nowadays that smaller indie games just don't have the clout to stay in people's minds that long. Skatebird is a prime example, it's already been announced and it's a year+ away, so why show it? Am I alone in thinking this?

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
As someone who only cared about axiom verge, and kinda mildly at that, this one was mediocre.

There were a lot of action games that leave me guessing what their framerate is.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Did you guys catch that Survivalists trailer? I can't fucking wait to play a British-developed game about landing on a tropical island, claiming it as your own, training 'monkeys', and killing the savage dark-skinned natives who oppose you.

Yeah, I did pick on that as well. A bit thoughtless, to say the least.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Solid indie Direct. Sports Story and Axiom Verge 2 were obviously the biggies but both being sequels to existing Switch games sort of lessens the impact imo. No real megatons here like Cadence of Hyrule or Ori.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
When the Axiom Verge guy showed up as the last thing, my first thought "OMG He's making a new 2D Metroid!".

Nintendo seeing Axiom Verge 2 as a big deal is not something I was expecting, good for them.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Yea that was something...

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
my switch backlog is insane so watching this provided me with a lot of relief.
my wallet was open and ready to buy whatever the one-more-thing game was, but since it's Fall 2020, i'm cool

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Neat format, but a lot of the games didn't interest me. Murder by Numbers was probably my favorite game shown off, but I also hope SkateBIRD is fun and controls well.

Wish Super Crush KO was in the direct.

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
Where the hell is Kentucky Route Zero TV Edition?! Everywhere I look it still says 2019 an wasnt it rated in summer?!

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Didn't play Golf Story, but Sports Story seems interesting. Dreamscaper seems interesting, I'll keep my eye on that one I think.

Sadly no Silksong, but like people have said, that game seems too big for an Indie World presentation. Maybe we'll get something at TGA? Or most likely sometime next year. It's weird that we've gone since announcement with no major updates on it. I wonder if it was announced earlier to clarify that it was a full game and not a DLC as originally planned.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
b1079025896b16c6ffa1ff26fd3f79e01526552400-lg.jpg

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was ok. Nothing I really care about was shown, except maybe Sports Story will be neato. I still gotta finish Golf Story.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like these are getting worse and worse. Sports Story is neat, I guess, but I just don't care about all the multiplayer and procedrally generated games they've been loading these up with lately.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
There's two indies out of this direct that I liked, Liberated and Supermash. However, my issue with this direct is that these indies are far away going into 2020. It's hard to legitimately be hyped for this games when they're far away in the later upcoming year and there's not definitive release dates. These Indie Directs would work for me if they actually had these directs closer to their release dates. Yes, we had Dauntless and Talos Principle available today/now but those are old games that have been out on other platforms for good minute now. These indies we're excited for now might get forgotten easily in the future because other bigger titles are dropping.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Pretty good showcase. Big shadow drops, brand new game announcements, exclusive gets, Sports Story, Axiom Verge 2. Good stuff.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019

You know what...

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'm curious about Sport Story but I'm afraid it's one of those games where the gameplay is "meh" but it's RPG.