• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
That's so anticonsumer, stopping support of a platform mere months after a game release.

/s

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Damn, a bit sooner than I thought in Japan.
F. Good console that changed the industry, and with a lot more hardcore/core games than people like to think.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Hate to be the party pooper, but good riddance.
I know it brought Nintendo sweet sweet money, but god dammit it was the worst Nintendo System ever for me - not counting the VB, obviously.

If the DS was not legendary they would've lost a fan for 10 years.

Mar 31, 2018
Wii was a huge, unseen success in its early years. Unfortunately, Nintendo failed to keep sales stable.

It was a device with brilliant ideas, but it could not fulfil its true potential.

The support for Wii was exceptionally long, with Just Dance XX still being released every year. Mario Kart Wii now appears to sell better than the Wii U version of Mario Kart 8. Those games have legs, even though the console is nowhere to be found!

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
A legendary run! At least with how well it sold, you won't be hard pressed to find another if yours breaks.

Given that they're stopping all Wii support, I assume that includes its add-ons and accessories.
giphy.gif

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
I know it brought Nintendo sweet sweet money, but god dammit it was the worst Nintendo System ever for me - not counting the VB, obviously.

If the DS was not legendary they would've lost a fan for 10 years.

I never understand this stance. Wii had a better first party lineup for gamers than the Cube did. Plus it has a bunch of decent third party games.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
What is more horrifying for me is that it has now been pretty much just as long since the Wii launch....as the N64 launch was to when the Wii launched back in the day LOL

Yuuup lmao I was still in high school when the Wii came out, crazy to think that's going to be 14 years ago this year lol

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Man, i remember my parents being so proud they managed to get a Wii on its first Christmas holiday for me. They wouldn't stop bragging about how out of stock it was everywhere and little did i know lol

GSG

Oct 25, 2017

My sentiments exactly. This console put me off Nintendo for a bit, probably the worst console I've ever owned.

Still have to respect the Wii's insane run though, it was the ultimate casual console. People I know who aren't remotely into games have a Wii sitting under their TV(and still plugged in in most cases).

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Despite the Wii possibly being one of Nintendo's worst consoles, damn if it didn't have some amazing games.

MadWorld
Mario Odyssey games
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Monster Hunter Tri
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Punch Out

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Damn. End of an era. Legendary system.

Man, i remember my parents being so proud they managed to get a Wii on its first Christmas holiday for me. They wouldn't stop bragging about how out of stock it was everywhere and little did i know lol

Completely deserved. Parenting award material right there.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The Wii launch was epic. Me and the boys had a fun time waiting for hours in line outside in the freezing weather at Walmart to get one.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
End of an Era. I remember how hyped I was getting a Wii for Christmas. My sister and I played the shit out of it.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember we had to get ours on opening day from a used game store. Had to pay extra too.

Was worth it, looking back.