• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
They've done this many times before. And it hasn't really meant anything.

Could easily be a private party

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I guess they'll be enjoying Fire Emblem Three Houses and holding the footage until a future date!

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
This is just the store, right? I'm pretty sure Apple/Microsoft stores have similar local events.

Doesn't seem like anything major.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
It could be just another party.
maxresdefault.jpg

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is it, GTA V, Persona 5, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, a new Monster Hunter, Animal crossing, real Pokemon, DMC Collection, you name it. It's all getting shown at this uhh... *checks notes*... closed off event in the Nintendo NYC store.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Considering I live in NY and go there all the time lol, the second floor is literally a bunch of merchandise around the walls (mostly Zelda & Pokemon). The only place for something to be "shown" is on a few stations with the Switch hooked up for demos to played and a big screen. So I don't know why everyone's getting all amped up lol.

Plum

May 31, 2018
They're showing a new Direct exclusively to people who have paid over $100,000 for the pleasure.

Any games announced or shown will be unceremoniously dropped with no advertising to keep up the Direct's secrecy.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Closing a store until 11:30am on a Tuesday would be a pretty weird private party.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm gonna say it has nothing to do with a Direct as I thought the store is open to the public during those. That's why you get people filming them from inside the store

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
Would they record a direct there? I guess if they have a special event for costumers, maybe. But I don't think they've done something like that before.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They don't close for Directs. They actually encourage everyone to come by and watch. It's literally the opposite of what you're thinking.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
It makes sense that they would let the public know its closed, certainly. I made it one of my visits when I came over from the UK - I'd have been annoyed if I'd made my way there to find it closed.

Not that there's not a million and one other things to do within walking distance

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WHEN I DIE BURY ME INSIDE THE NINTENDO STORE.
WHEN I DIE BURY ME INSIDE THE NINTENDO STORE
ALL I WANT FOR MY BIRTHDAY IS METROID PRIME 4.
ALL I WANT FOR MY BIRTHDAY IS SOME PIKMIN 4.