• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of eshop positions, Bayonetta has climbed to position 27 in the download only chart in the NA eshop. Guess people are buying the first game because of the trailer for the third game.

TheBlade

Banned
Aug 14, 2020
I am having trouble registering to famiboards - I dont see a register button. I had registered before but after the invitations got cancelled I couldnt proceed

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
Ugh.

I ordered Metroid from GameStop because I had some money in my PayPal account and Amazon doesn't take PayPal. I saw "release date shipping" and didn't realize that the free shipping isn't release date like it is at other places.

Looks like it's a Dread-less weekend for me…

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh.

I ordered Metroid from GameStop because I had some money in my PayPal account and Amazon doesn't take PayPal. I saw "release date shipping" and didn't realize that the free shipping isn't release date like it is at other places.

you could get the digital version and then play the physical one on an oled switch later.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Hey guys, Famiboards registration is completely open.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, Famiboards registration is completely open.

[Hidden content]
I tried to Yeah! your post but then I remembered this isn't Famiboards, so here's this instead
9kWsnIb.png

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
wound up playing about 2/3 of resident evil 5 tonight until i completed it, just to clear my slate for metroid dread.

it's shocking that resident evil 5 is a bad game. at the time it released, the reputation surrounding it was that of something which didn't reach the heights of resident evil 4, but was still following solidly in its footsteps. resident evil 6 is probably the best thing for its legacy, because the consensus surrounding re6 being a low point for the main franchise kept re5 as better by comparison.

1. it's ugly. the lack of colors, plus the shiny characters, and the bloom lighting make it feel like a nightmare and not in the way the developers intended. it's games like this where i really, really hate the chase for the high-end visual and photorealism. because as much as you think you're nailing it in the modern day, it won't look good a decade later, and what they had to sacrifice to get it there was not worth it.

2. fucking what:
G1Rpyhw.jpg

3. re4 was this tongue-in-cheek b-movie. leon kennedy is off to save the president's daughter and is making wise-cracks the entire time. re5 is this angsty up-its-own-ass lore-heavy plot with chris redfield trying to save the world from albert wesker. maybe longtime resident evil fans really liked it. some parts come off as goofy in a way that i can't tell if it's supposed to be funny or not, like chris punching that boulder.

4. the level design and enemy encounters suck. the game is mostly running from room to room and clearing out people until late in the game where there are some light puzzles introduced. the game feels like it's trying to do re4, but bigger, and as a result, feels like re4, but smaller. re4 worked in part because it was such a departure from what came before. re5 constantly reminded me of a better game. even inventory management was hampered by this. re4 had these in-game moments in which you could find someone to sell you stuff. it was part of the atmosphere. in re5, it's just there at the end of a chapter. and item management isn't practically its own minigame - it's a constant annoyance in juggling weapons and ammo and health by how many things fit in your grid(s).

top-to-bottom it's a mostly miserable experience, and i can't believe that re6 is somehow worse. it's similarly hard to believe how re7 managed to course-correct so well afterwards. and now i'm afraid of village because it seems to be what re5 was to re4, but to re7.

but hey, metroid dread is tomorrow, so that's a future concern.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I'm going to be honest and say that RE5 and RE6 are my favourite series just by virtue of having co-op. Then again that's probably because I'm not the biggest fan of the series.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
just bought the switch OLED. *likely* selling my OG switch but just in case my daughter might want it, I want to keep options open.

Most of my games are digital. Does game sharing work basically like PS5/XB - I put her console as primary for my account so she can play on her profile, and I log in on the secondary to play? and both can play the same or different games without impacting each other?

And for transferring - if I want to keep that flexible do I say 'I want to keep the profile on the old switch'? Later I can delete if I'm selling it?

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
What are our sales expectations regarding the coming bigger Switch games? My prediction would be (worldwide):

Metroid Dread: 2.5 Mio.
Mario Party Superstar: 9.0 Mio.
Pokemon BDSP: 13.5 Mio.
Pokemon Legends: 11.0 Mio.
SMT5: 1.0 Mio.

Bobdapeach

Jun 15, 2019
I haven't been here for a long ass time but I just skimmed through.
So Metroid Prime Trilogy is now just a remake/remaster of Prime 1 now, or..? like I said I just skimmed but apparently it was just a trilogy port to the switch but then they deicded to put more effort into them and are making each game separate now for a staggered release? am i getting that right?

also I saw NateDrake said that an AC update may make people happy but does daddy know anything else that might be added, maybe a lil teaser?? blink once if you know about a certain boat driving kappa who might show up. please help a sister out

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Nintendo UK took my money for the Metroid Dread special edition (which I ordered in June) on Oct 1 - and my order still shows as processing on their site 😢 I can't seem to contact anyone on their live chat - but I've seen other people on Twitter who *could* contact them and had payment taken have been told to expect it today.

I'm almost tempted to buy it digitally and keep my special edition for collector value... 😬 come on postie!

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
So Metroid Prime Trilogy is now just a remake/remaster of Prime 1 now, or..? like I said I just skimmed but apparently it was just a trilogy port to the switch but then they deicded to put more effort into them and are making each game separate now for a staggered release? am i getting that right?

also I saw NateDrake said that an AC update may make people happy but does daddy know anything else that might be added, maybe a lil teaser?? blink once if you know about a certain boat driving kappa who might show up. please help a sister out
We don't know. An unverified user gave a rather convincing account of what happened, saying it was always just Metroid Prime 1 with a plan to do MP2 and 3 later, and never just a straight trilogy port. But as ever, it could all be rubbish.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017

Happy is as far as I'm willing to go on AC.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty stunned at how flimsy this 'Metroid Prime Trilogy is done and waiting on release' shit was. I will go to bat for certain insiders but this truly does seem like an instance of insiders piggybacking off one another after hearing something Metroid Prime was happening.

I was highly suspect of the idea that Nintendo has been sitting on a finished remastered trilogy for what… 3 years now? But literally everyone was saying that.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Nate are you migrating to other boards as well? Also when's the next Nate the Hate? Would love to hear yours and MVG's full take on Sora for Smash and the Greek tragedy known as the KH cloud ports.
I'll be on both sites.

We have the topic for the next episode planned out but I was waiting on some additional information and confirmations.

MVG did his own video on the Cloud matter. Gives good insight on why they happen. In short: Yes, Switch hardware can run KH1/2 but the resources required were higher than Square was willing to invest.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
People have jumped ship so no surprise lol.

I'm surprised how quickly the new board established itself and how quickly people moved over. I honestly was expecting it to be really slow at the beginning. The general Nintendo discussion ST is moving at a similar pace as it was here and the other threads are fairly active.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
I'm surprised how quickly the new board established itself and how quickly people moved over. I honestly was expecting it to be really slow at the beginning. The general Nintendo discussion ST is moving at a similar pace as it was here and the other threads are fairly active.

Wait what happened? I've been busy playing dread and I don't know anything hahahjaja

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Is it something controversial?

If PCEra leaves, XboxERA leaves and now NintendoERA leaves, only Sony and smartphones remain.

And I don't think people here are very into smartphones.
Nah, I was just afraid that I'd get banned for "console warring" again. It's clear that every thread here is becoming entirely graphics and framerate focused (to the point of perfectionism) instead of focusing on the actual gameplay and shit. Most of the threads here are miserable now.

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
People have jumped ship so no surprise lol.

After what happened weeks ago in Media Create (problems with the moderators), a large part of this thread has migrated to a new forum.
Is there any place where I can read what happened? I'm just seeing "something happened in another thread" and now everyone's gone. Is there information on what happened or what's going to be our place in the future?

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen the forum state in threads relevant to Nintendo? It feels miserable.

Resetera has gradually become a Sony forum. PCEra, XboxEra and NintendoERA have already left ship.
On one hand the community threads have slowed down considerably, but on the other hand the Metroid Dread thread has like 7 times as many posts as the other board.

I mean all of those communities have had some level of exodus from the board, but at the same time there is still a lot of activity on here for all 3 as well.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
On one hand the community threads have slowed down considerably, but on the other hand the Metroid Dread thread has like 7 times as many posts as the other board.

I mean all of those communities have had some level of exodus from the board, but at the same time there is still a lot of activity on here for all 3 as well.
Metroid is a special case within Nintendo and not really representative.

GriffMendez

Sep 20, 2021

As someone who's followed ACNH datamines, I think the safe bet for their Direct would be additional crops and shrubbery, another Nook's Cranny upgrade, an additional museum room (shop?), gyroid implementation, and missing villagers - including the Zelda and Splatoon villagers - being added (I'd imagine this to be done via Amiibo cards, but maybe not exclusively). Either an expansion to the island, or an off-shore Island to visit, as there was a larger island found in the data a while back, as well.

I don't think Kappa has ever even been hinted at, though.

Reeyah-zoorah

Jun 1, 2021
Ugh.

I know this is a three day-old post, but yeah, GameStop isn't reliable at all when it comes to getting a physical copy on release day. I preordered Age of Calamity last year and paid extra for the "Day One shipping," and it came four days late anyway. Lol. So much for that... At least I still have the exclusive Terrako keychain?
As inconsequential as Age of Calamity turned out, it wasn't worth the frustration of having to wait four extra days to play the game when I PAID for release day LOL

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
As inconsequential as Age of Calamity turned out, it wasn't worth the frustration of having to wait four extra days to play the game when I PAID for release day LOL
Man, what a disappointment that was. Without the tactics part of the gameplay, it all just feels so shallow. I never even finished it and I did everything other than the Ganon mode stuff in Hyrule Warriors Deluxe Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.