• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Idk about others but for me it's all about calling it 'expansion' and having the audacity to ask for more after four years of doing nothing. N64 exists as emulation for decades and here it's, again, barebones. Should be a part of standard package to bring even more people into the echo system. I'm guessing people are also cynical considering GB/GBC are still missing so we can probably expect yet another paid DLC down the line.

Just the branding of it all, you know? Selling nostalgia in chunks.

Edit: off topic/on topic - Metroid Prime HD is still a thing right?!

I guess I find the whole package to be so incredibly inexpensive that I'm not even remotely offended that they want us to pay more for more offerings. I pay $17 a year for NSO so I was never expecting sweeping changes or massive amounts of new content. Offering N64 games (playable online for the first time ever) for likely 50% more, so $25 a year, seems like a perfectly fine deal to me.

I guess I just always thought the price was so inoffensive to begin with that it was hard to get mad at the relatively meager offerings.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I already knew that when Nintendo added N64 that they would either increase the price or make a separate tier and I already accepted the fact a long time ago. Genesis being included is at least a bonus for me. Sucks we're not getting the 3ds version of OoT in some form because the iron boots change was such a big QoL feature that made the game even better.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Off the top of my head:

Franchises MIA-
Star Fox
Kid Icarus
2D Wario
Dr Mario
Punch Out
Golden Sun
Wave Race/1080

Ports only:
Pikmin
Donkey Kong
Captain Toad
2D Zelda

I know a few of those franchises are a stretch but hey we have Advance Wars coming out so anything is on the table as far as I'm concerned
Uhhhhh, how is Link's Awakening a port??

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That's actually kind of a fascinating breakdown.

It shows where the priorities are for most garners anyway.
Surprised by Canada. Was going to say in America we love sexual harassment, toxic work culture, and bad labor relations so checks out we would be made about graphics and the Pokédex.

(this is ironic in case anyone wasn't clear)

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, I already knew that when Nintendo added N64 that they would either increase the price or make a separate tier and I already accepted the fact a long time ago. Genesis being included is at least a bonus for me. Sucks we're not getting the 3ds version of OoT in some form because the iron boots change was such a big QoL feature that made the game even better.
I'm excited for what kind of bottom of the barrel genesis games we can get. Not sure if Sega is the gatekeeper on releases here though. Really loving these insane NES/SNES choices.

Also was thinking about how Capcom and Konami are on the genesis service, so wonder if they will eventually bring more over to the Nintendo side of things. At this point, the royalty might be more than their sales of 75% off collections.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
In the end it seems the price increase ties more into "we're going to be adding more systems" rather than just N64.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
It was always a pipe dream but it would have been nice for Nintendo to add N64 without a price increase. Would have been a nice end to an otherwise lackluster year. I'm still pumped about 2022 though which easily has the potential to be Nintendo's best year ever

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
Gonna try to take another shot at predicting Nintendo's 2022 schedule:

January: Pokemon Legends
Febraury: Nothing, I guess? Seems Nintendo isn't even doing a Wii U port?
March: Triangle Strategy (My last prediction was so close too! I initially said Feb... and it releases March 4th lol)
April: Kirby and the Forgotten Land
May: RE Outrage
June: M+R 2
July: Splatoon 3
August: Bayonetta 3
September: Prime 1 remake
October: New Fire Emblem
November: BotW2
December: Xenoblade 3

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You know, what's really curious is that Mario Party Superstars doesn't have a final/Bowser Board yet, even Super Mario party had a hidden one with four boards. Makes me wonder if bowserland is the hidden sixth board

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In the end it seems the price increase ties more into "we're going to be adding more systems" rather than just N64.

That is my thinking too. I also expansion pack will be the only "add on" to the NSO. I can't see Nintendo going with a third tier unless they had their own version of GamePass with games being added on day 1.

And if that happens then we truly are at the end of times

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
When did Emily say this about Star Fox? That's some tea right there.
I don't recall the exact wording or if it's was here or on Twitter, but I THINK it was when someone brought the idea of porting Zero to Switch, and she said that Nintendo had other plans for Star Fox on the system.

Off the top of my head:

Franchises MIA-
Star Fox
Kid Icarus
2D Wario
Dr Mario
Punch Out
Golden Sun
Wave Race/1080

Ports/Remakes only:
Pikmin
Donkey Kong
Captain Toad
2D Zelda

I know a few of those franchises are a stretch but hey we have Advance Wars coming out so anything is on the table as far as I'm concerned
There's also the notorious lack of an original 2D Mario (unless you count Mario Maker) and Mario Kart (again, we have Mario Kart Live, if you want to be technical)...

also, seeing how Brain Age and Big Brain Academy made their debut on Switch, I wouldn't be shocked if they brought back something like Nintendogs too.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
NateDrake if the Yankees are going to win tonight, can you make sure to sweep this series and the Jays series?

Sincerely,

A downtrodden Mariners fan wanting to make the playoffs for the first time since high school.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

March: Triangle Strategy (My last prediction was so close too! I initially said Feb... and it releases March 4th lol)

If some of these don't get delayed then 2022 will end up being a monster year for the Switch.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017

Perfect opportunity for a Woolly World port in February I'd say.

Loves that he used the link background and logo. Also how they framed it as Nintendo Ninja protection

Nice detail.

I bought the Castlevania collection. What should I start with? Haven't played a Castlevania.

Circle of the Moon and Aria of Sorrow are easily the best two games. Most people in the OT are starting with CotM, if it helps.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
So if I have two Nintendo Switches and two microsd cards, is there any way to transfer data from my original Switch to say Switch OLED without having to install/redownload every single game and update? Like could I stick a microsd card into the Switch OLED, have it reformat and then stick my Switch OG Microsd card into the new Switch OLED and have it recognize the content (once the account transfer is complete)? What's the easiest way to do a data transfer to a new switch?

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't recall the exact wording or if it's was here or on Twitter, but I THINK it was when someone brought the idea of porting Zero to Switch, and she said that Nintendo had other plans for Star Fox on the system.

There's also the notorious lack of an original 2D Mario (unless you count Mario Maker) and Mario Kart (again, we have Mario Kart Live, if you want to be technical)...

also, seeing how Brain Age and Big Brain Academy made their debut on Switch, I wouldn't be shocked if they brought back something like Nintendogs too.

I almost put 2D Mario down, but yea I'm counting Mario Maker. Honestly I have a feeling 2D Mario will be a launch title for the next system.

And yea, there ain't no way we are getting a new Mario Kart game at this point lol

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Pokemon is at the end of January and Triangle is right at the beginning. I think Feb comes and goes without a retail release from Nintendo.

Unless they pull a Bayo 1/2 announcement at the TGA's again.

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
If some of these don't get delayed then 2022 will end up being a monster year for the Switch.
Praying for Zelda and a non-remake FE to both make 2022 🙏

The problem is: where would they reveal another Wii U port? They could shadow drop a trailer, of course, but they pretty much only did that in 2020 which was... Y'know, 2020 lol. Unless Nintendo pulls the ultimate meme troll and reveals a Wooly World port or something at the TGA's instead of Zelda lol.

Oct 26, 2017
I guess it's official now, 2021 will be the first time in 8 years where there is no kind of Kirby game released.

Pokemon is at the end of January and Triangle is right at the beginning. I think Feb comes and goes without a retail release from Nintendo.

With people trying to stir up Metroid Prime talk before the Direct, it's possibly fairly close to release, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do that with MP1 & show a glimpse of MP4.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

The problem is: where would they reveal another Wii U port? They could shadow drop a trailer, of course, but they pretty much only did that in 2020 which was... Y'know, 2020 lol. Unless Nintendo pulls the ultimate meme troll and reveals a Wooly World port or something at the TGA's instead of Zelda lol.
I guess they did this with HWDE, but that was Koei Tecmo. Can't see Nintendo releasing a game on a third platform. But who knows.

Jul 7, 2021
What makes it even funnier is that Nintendo isn't even developing the game. It is Platinum.

But yea, terrible take.

Stupidity and close-mindedness always seem to go hand-in-hand. Incredible.

Especially when we are in a Japanese studio resurgence right now. Amazing when people prefer CG or title screens over actual gameplay.

Yep. I think we are in a really great spot for some time now when it comes to having access to excellent Japanese games.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
2022 looking way better for Nintendo first party than this year was. Metroid Dread will certainly be the most critically acclaimed Switch game in 2021, but I'm not excited for it.

I'm glad there are enough third party games to fill the gap. I had a great time with Monster Hunter Rise, and SMT V is a day one purchase.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017

I will cross my fingers for that to happen.

I mean, they revealed Origami King with a tweet, anythings possible.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's official now, 2021 will be the first time in 8 years where there is no kind of Kirby game released.

With people trying to stir up Metroid Prime talk before the Direct, it's possibly fairly close to release, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do that with MP1 & show a glimpse of MP4.

I'm betting that we don't get anything on Prime 4 until that game is ~6 months from release. Nintendo announced it too early and had to restart development. Everyone knows it exists so they will wait until it is ready to roll. I'm thinking 2023.

Prime 1 could happen at TGA's but I think that game doesn't need a long hype cycle so I'm guessing E3 reveal for a Sept 2022 release. 1st H 2022 seems fairly well loaded.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
So I've been working my way through all the US released fire emblem's starting with blazing blade and it has just increased my demand for more FE. Right now I'm on Radiant Dawn and I forgot how much the dawn brigade characters are terrible. PoR still remains my favorite in the series though (note: I have not yet played Fates or TH… I going through this games in release order)

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I've been working my way through all the US released fire emblem's starting with blazing blade and it has just increased my demand for more FE. Right now I'm on Radiant Dawn and I forgot how much the dawn brigade characters are terrible. PoR still remains my favorite in the series though (note: I have not yet played Fates or TH… I going through this games in release order)

Nice. I have the first GBA game shelved atm. I will probably pick it back up down the road. I've played through the 3DS games and Three Houses. I would like to try Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance but those prices are way too much. That is why I am really hoping we get ports of those games at some point.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
I haven't been around much since the Direct but is the general consensus that we will not be getting remasters of the OoT3D/MM3D games on Switch now that they've revealed that they'll be available through NSO?

I was really hoping we would get those but now I think not so likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.