• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What do you mean split audience? I mean, I always want to be where everybody knows my name and all that, but, wait a second --

What do you mean moved on? Did a lot of people leave the site recently or something?

I feel I'm out of the loop. What's going on
Shitty mishandling of the media create thread by the staff alienated sales era.

For some reason the media create community and the Nintendo community here are pretty tightly linked.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
So here is 2022 at the moment

January- Pokemon Legends: Arceus
March- Triangle Strategy
Spring- Kirby and the Forgotten Land

2022 but no time frame-
Splatoon 3
Bayonetta 3
Mario + Rabbids: Spark of Hope
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2

Announced but no date at all-
Detective Pikachu 2
Metroid Prime 4

I am gong to guess that Kirby is April/May, Splatoon is summer like June/July. Bayonetta gets August/September, Zelda gets the coveted November slot.

Unannounced guesses-
Casual game in April/May to go opposite Kirby.
Fire Emblem 4 Remake in summer
Prime 1 reboot in Fall
Donkey Kong or 3D Mario in the Fall
PS3 on NSO in October

2022 is looking stacked
I'd say this to me looks fairly spot on. With the exception of missing MxR. Here are my general guesses:

January: Pokemon Legends
March: Triangle Strategy & Rise Expansion pass
April: casual title
May: Kirby
June: MxR
July: Splatoon 3
August: Fire Emblem
September: Bayonetta 3
October: Metroid Prime remake & casual title
November: BotW 2
December: New 2D Mario to coincide with movie release

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
I thought it was a very solid Direct, very middle-of-the-road. It accomplished what Nintendo needed it to do for now, which is fill things out and announce things in preparation for early next year. And had some cool stuff in it at the same time.

I guess one reason it wasn't SUPER great for me personally is that it was pretty lacking in brand new stuff/stuff we didn't know about. Basically just Kirby, which was really great! But it really needed that Fire Emblem/Xenoblade 3/etc. for it to be top-tier for me. Plus as someone who's not really into Splatoon or Bayonetta the latter parts of the direct weren't all the interesting. But that's just me, and that's okay! I will most likely like the winter/spring Direct a lot more.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I'd say this to me looks fairly spot on. With the exception of missing MxR. Here are my general guesses:

Rise Expansion is coming next summer

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Shitty mishandling of the media create thread by the staff alienated sales era.

For some reason the media create community and the Nintendo community here are pretty tightly linked.
Whoa. I saw that happening initially, the MC thread, but I haven't checked in recently. It continued to be mishandled to the point where people left? Where did they go?

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Whoa. I saw that happening initially, the MC thread, but I haven't checked in recently. It continued to be mishandled to the point where people left? Where did they go?
Discord or starting a new forum. Or both. You could probably ask for an invite to the discord for this thread if you want.

SpookyTango

Mar 1, 2020

I could see Kirby releasing in late March. Nintendo usually always has some kind of larger franchise title to close out the fiscal year. Like Kirby Star Allies in 2018, Yoshi in 2019, Animal Crossing in 2020, and Monster Hunter in 2021, all in the latter half of March.

As a comparison, the trailer for Yoshi's Crafted World in the Sept 2018 Direct listed the launch window as Spring 2019 and it ended up releasing on March 29th, 2019. Unless that Resident Evil game is actually a thing, I think their internally aiming for Kirby in late March.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
i criticize nintendo a lot, but this was a pretty good direct. 2 new good looking exclusives for next year with bayo and kirby, a funny moment with the mario cast reveal and finally, no first party ports/remasters/remakes that annoy me so much, actually quite a few straight up new games coming next year.
i wish they would work on more new ips though, lots of sequels.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I was just thinking, did the new Donkey Kong rumors ever get mentioned by someone with credibility? Like someone who has gotten things right at least decently consistently in the past. I'm legit asking because I can't seem to remember at the moment. Most of the time I see the DK rumors it's either from Zippo (ha!) or someone random Youtuber. But I don't recall if someone more trusted actually talked about a new DK game.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
looking forward to Hyrule Warriors

despite the story being...kinda dumb heh, I enjoyed it and the presentation was way higher than I expected. It surprisingly had a lot more big cutscenes than Botw.

so that'll be fun to play in a month.

It'll drop to sub 10fps, but oh well

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
i criticize nintendo a lot, but this was a pretty good direct. 2 new good looking exclusives for next year with bayo and kirby, a funny moment with the mario cast reveal and finally, no first party ports/remasters/remakes that annoy me so much, actually quite a few straight up new games coming next year.
i wish they would work on more new ips though, lots of sequels.
Yeah, even if it was light on things that specifically appeal to me, I came out of it thinking this was one of the better Directs in forever. The pacing was great and they avoided dragging on with any particular thing.

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Very weird that all the games selected for the Genesis are already on the Switch except MUSHA, speaking of that why Nintendo hasn't added Space Megaforce on SNES Online?
I hope we can see Rockey Knight now that they already added 2 Konami games.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
besides AoC, the other 2 things for me were Kirby 3D, I'm not expecting too much, definitely not 3D Mario tier, but will definitely play.
The trailer started pretty regular, but as it went on it got a lot more involved.

and then Triangle Strategy is an easy 50 hours.
Really shocked it's March, thought it'd be July or August next year. So that's nice.

edit:
oh, I don't play it much, but Splatoon's trailer was edited really well.
Splatoon has some pretty good better trailers imo. The anime intro one, the DLC one, today, some others

Nice to hear that. Any idea when they would show it?
i mean, you'd pretty much assume the "february" direct 2022 if it's actually a 2022 game.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Account self-destruction
Ok peeps.

As I've been away for a while (I had six month self requested ban) I can't really say that I've been massive part of this community for a while now. However I still remember with absolute joy the madness of the old. From Chibi robos to Reset the clock. From the madness that was launch day to this horrible week.

It's been absolute pleasure as a middle aged video gaming fan to read the shitposts, takes, hot takes, jokes, opinions and recommendations and everything else here. It's been more than a pleasure. It's been a goddamn privilege.

I don't know if I will ever join the discord as someone who writes or even reads. I did get the invitation and it sits on my app sure, but I never use discord except with my siblings because Nintendo doesn't have a voice chat. Seriously NO VOICE CHAT. (that was a joke).

I don't know if I will join the new forum if you guys put it up. I will lurk some time here for that maybe. Or maybe check the discord for it.

But for this place. It's gotta go from my life. Because the only thing I have left to say for Resetera leadership is F**k you. And that's not a thing I want to do or how I want to feel about any virtual or real community.

NintendoEra is the best. You people are the absolute worst in best way possible and the best in the best way possible. With this. I bid you all guys farewell or if Kirby Stars align, see ya.

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
I really liked the Direct. My wallet will be empty in 2022 I guess.
And I will star away for the announcement threads I think, is not worth the time to read some of the messages posted there...

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
It lacked a new game reveal as the last thing but in terms of pacing it was excellent (much better than the february one). Pretty much every announcements was worthwile, even during the headlines.

Also underrated part of the direct: two more directs to look forward to in the near future.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Nice Direct, I'll probably buy Castlevania Advance Collection but can someone confirm that there is button remapping so I can remap stuff that required double tap to a single button press?

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Better to just accept it now. It's better than the alternative where they keep the same price, but cycle out the consoles.
Yeah. I do wonder if, when they announce the pricing for N64 and Mega Drive, they go ahead and confirm GB is coming for an additional fee. But given they're updating the subscription soon, they could hang on to any further additions for a little while.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Im rather excited to get that new Kirby game. Its a series which historically has always had really good finale's/true final boss fights and with the series going 3D, I cant wait to see what craziness they pull in this game.
Everything else shown was solid, Bayo 3 looks fun combat wise even if graphically it didnt quite wow me (but really, its gonna be all about the gameplay anyway, so who cares), and Capcom has more MH Rise coming (which we all knew). I probably should get a move on with Rise...

Smilator

Apr 18, 2019
am I the only one that saw Miyamoto and thought oh my fucking god here we go odyssey 2

:(
where is odyssey 2 guys? (asking for a friend)

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Good Direct, not spectacular. But good.

Splatoon 3 did nothing for me, i feel like they had too much time on that without showing or talking not much new stuff.

AAAAAAACTRAISER! Announcement of the Direct for me.

I think Bayo 3 looks fine. Seeing "PS2 graphics" on the Bayo 3 tailer thread's first page is enough for me to not participate in that thread.

Jul 7, 2021
Really liked what I saw of Chocobo GP. Looks like a fun, cute little game.

Shadowrun Trilogy was also a very welcome announcement. If you haven't played these games yet, you really should!

My favorite announcement was that of Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Exactly the direction I wanted Kirby to move in. Will be my first new Kirby game in more than a decade (Kirby's Epic Yarn).

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
Kirby Planet Robobot is the peak of the Kirby franchise and Star allies was not that great, so I'll trust them to try new things and go crazy

IamPeacock

Feb 9, 2018
Belgium
Really liked what I saw of Chocobo GP. Looks like a fun, cute little game.

Shadowrun Trilogy was also a very welcome announcement. If you haven't played these games yet, you really should!

My favorite announcement was that of Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Exactly the direction I wanted Kirby to move in. Will be my first new Kirby game in more than a decade (Kirby's Epic Yarn).

Same here.
First Kirby game after the NES one that I'm actually interested in.
But I will only buy it when there's some challenge to it.

Bought that robot Kirby game on 3DS years ago and was so disappointed how super easy the game was.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

extremely long shot but I wonder if this is where that Scalebound revival rumour popped up or if it's completely unrelated.

Status
Not open for further replies.