• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
I feel like the "rumor" of an FE4 remake coming next aren't gonna be true, I think FE's absence at this Direct solidifies that. There's just no way they're gonna wait until at least February 2022 to reveal "just" a remake.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What was rhat game that they showed very quickly and had base building, and a research tree?

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I feel like the "rumor" of an FE4 remake coming next aren't gonna be true, I think FE's absence at this Direct solidifies that. There's just no way they're gonna wait until at least February 2022 to reveal "just" a remake.
Depends?

Just the the same game with modern 3D graphics and minor gameplay updates (something like Advanced War)? Sure.

A whole new modern Fire Emblem that is only a remake in a sense that it is emulating the original game (FF7 remake)? That could take as much time as any completely new Fire Emblem.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I think part of the reason why people can get disappointed so easily is that we hear about all these rumors, Xenoblade 3, Fire Emblem 4 Remake, Donkey Koney, Metroid Prime Trilogy, etc. and it gives the impression that these games are going to be announced and released soon-ish. But the reality is that all these projects are at different stages of their development. Some have been in development for years when other have just started recently. Combine the rumors the possibility that with info that is old or just plain wrong, people begin to expect that each Direct will be the place to confirm these rumors.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I think that might have been one of my favorite Directs. It just needed a Xenoblade 3 announcement and it would have been a 10/10.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

For what it's worth, Fire Emblem Echoes was announced in January and released 4 months later. Not saying that is what is going to happen here. But if it is a remake, I don't think it needs a long runaway from announcement to release.

SirShorse

Jul 16, 2020
N64 Online having Zelda OoT, YOSHI'S FUCKING STORY, Majora's Mask and Banjo coming later and even more after that is already worth the extra price for me, i don't care how much it is

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Nintendo literally has alotta games coming very soon. Stuff like FE, XC and any other game that's secret… doesn't really have to be shown until later or even much later. I'm not say they are in a perfect position but they got room and time to show off those games when they want later.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
One of the best directs ever. 2022 looks stacked with games.

Kirby 3D is exciting.
Chocobo GP looks amazing. Been waiting for that since the trademark leak.
KOTOR! That was also rumoured.
Monster Hunter

Just loads of stuff!

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
No GameBoy sucks, I was looking forward to that more than N64. Kirby 3D being fixed camera (from what I can tell) is great and makes me way more interested in it. Love fixed camera games.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 wasn't announced until a few months prior to launch, iirc

11 months prior to launch.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Still bummed that this is how were gonna be able to play OoT and MM on the Switch, and not sweet HD remasters of the 3D versions :(

Eren Jäger

Jul 19, 2020
I already forgot, Mario Party looks great! And I didn't expect the 2 new boards, especially Horror Land, because in most prediction videos, they said it looked to similar to Woody Woods and they want a board that is aesthetically different.

indospot

Jan 13, 2021
I think N64 and Genesis are super cool additions, but I'm not sure I can warrant jumping in on it at launch with how little I've played of the NES and SNES games.

I'd like the N64 controller too, but $50 is just too much. I'd also like to know what the analog stick is like before I get it.

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
For what it's worth, Fire Emblem Echoes was announced in January and released 4 months later. Not saying that is what is going to happen here. But if it is a remake, I don't think it needs a long runaway from announcement to release.
I'm talking about the length of time between 3H's release and the next reveal. Echoes was revealed a year and a half after Fates released in Japan, less than a year after it released in the West. Meanwhile, a hypothetical February Direct would be over 2 and a half years after 3H. Now obviously, that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be a remake or that Nintendo cares about the length of time, but personally, I just don't think we would have to wait this long to see the next FE if it wasn't going to be another big brand new game. The FE4 remake being the next FE game has very little evidence (if any at all) anyway, and imo it doesn't make sense so soon.

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
I liked this direct, but didn't love it. The problem was that so many of the games only had vague 2022 release dates, which doesn't give me much confidence in the first half aside from Pokémon. Most of what we're hoping for has to be Q2 at least now.

N64 and Genesis are fine, it at least shows Nintendo is picking up the pace in regards to releases especially since they gave us the upcoming slate already. No more random games nobody wants like god damn Jelly Boy.

Kirby, Kirby, Kirby was the star of the show for me. (haha get it?) I never thought a 3D Kirby would come. This is HYPE and shows that HAL is really pushing forward what was a stagnant series. If Kirby wasn't there I probably would call the direct mediocre, but that alone puts it in the good category.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
I thought it was a good Direct. Sad at the lack of Xenoblade and Fire Emblem, but they're coming eventually just a matter of when Nintendo feels like showing us. Kirby and Bayonetta looked great. Actually interested in the Yoko Taro card RPG. Usually tune out when it comes to card-based RPGs but that one looked good to me. Triangle Strategy is possibly my most anticipated game at the moment.

This was always going to be an interesting Direct to me because I felt Nintendo had a stacked lineup for the next several months (at least one game per month up through January). Seeing the way 2022 is shaking out already makes it feel like it won't be slowing down any time soon. The combination of rumors from fairly reliable insiders and what has already been announced paints an extremely exciting early picture for next year.

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
I'm talking about the length of time between 3H's release and the next reveal. Echoes was revealed a year and a half after Fates released in Japan, less than a year after it released in the West. Meanwhile, a hypothetical February Direct would be over 2 and a half years after 3H. Now obviously, that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be a remake or that Nintendo cares about the length of time, but personally, I just don't think we would have to wait this long to see the next FE if it wasn't going to be another big brand new game. The FE4 remake being the next FE game has very little evidence (if any at all) anyway, and imo it doesn't make sense so soon.

There is no evidence, it's purely nonsensical fandom wishcasting. As for the timeline though, there's usually a 2-2.5 year gap between releases, which we're basically right in the middle of. That's on top of the fact that Intelligent Systems didn't even develop Three Houses. Next year it will have been five years since the release of the last IS developed Fire Emblem

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
My opinion on "pay more for N64 and Genesis" is that they better be adding more systems to this service at a faster rate than they did NSO.

indospot

Jan 13, 2021
Currently rewatching the Direct and Kirby looks really great. Super excited for that one.

I liked this direct, but didn't love it. The problem was that so many of the games only had vague 2022 release dates, which doesn't give me much confidence in the first half aside from Pokémon. Most of what we're hoping for has to be Q2 at least now.

Well, we've got Pokémon in late January and Triangle Strategy early March, following a pretty packed end of year, I think that's not too bad. I also expect Kirby in April but that's just me being hopeful.

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
I think the problem most people have with Genesis is that Sega already gives these games out like candy. You can play Sonic 2 on a toaster at this point, it isn't exciting. Another system like TurboGrafx or even Dreamcast would probably be better, even if their lineups aren't as stellar as the Genesis, since they aren't rereleased as often.

Alak96

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw someone in ERA calling Nintendo anti-consumer for *check notes* adding N64 to NSO.

Yeah, see you all in a week or so.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
I'm still bursting with joy at the fact that Animal Crossing is getting a Direct in October. 500+ hours in and I'm hyped for more.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Stayed off the internet until after the Direct. A bit disappointed in no Xenoblade, but the announcements there were pretty solid. Especially MH Rise Sunbreak, beyond stoked for that.
I wouldn't even expect Xenoblade IP to show up in this direct. I would prefer it that the Xenoblade IP is shown during the Spring/Summer directs.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised and a bit disappointed that Advance Wars wasn't shown again, is Nintendo dumping on WayForward not only the development of the game, but the promotion too?
Pokémon was not shown again too.

Tbh Nintendo had a lot to talk about and several games coming soon didn't get the spotlight (ex: Pokémon, SMTV, AW...)

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
I wonder if they're going to announce GB/GBC for both NSO tiers later. If it was only coming to the expansion tier, surely they wouldn't announce the tier without mentioning it, when the whole point is to make people buy into the value of the upgrade?

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they're going to announce GB/GBC for both NSO tiers later. If it was only coming to the expansion tier, surely they wouldn't announce the tier without mentioning it, when the whole point is to make people buy into the value of the upgrade?

I was wondering if it might come to the original but then I don't know how the messaging of that would work at all.

indospot

Jan 13, 2021

I'm thinking the same thing, GB/GBC will probably be for both. I wonder if they'd go as far as announcing GB/GBC for everyone and GBA for the Expansion Pack.

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
There is no evidence, it's purely nonsensical fandom wishcasting. As for the timeline though, there's usually a 2-2.5 year gap between releases, which we're basically right in the middle of. That's on top of the fact that Intelligent Systems didn't even develop Three Houses. Next year it will have been five years since the release of the last IS developed Fire Emblem
That's what frustrated me the most about FE not showing up tbh--we still have no idea whether or not IS is gonna take the development mantle back or if development will be handled by Koei Tecmo again... I certainly think a Feb. 2022 reveal is long enough for IS to be developing FE17... I hope so lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.