• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Birds are your underappreciated avians and I'm out

E91vIGsWEAQJttE

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
i dont have discord at work so ill post here

what are all the leaks? besides the nintendo one today?

There's a thread on it
www.resetera.com

*Spoilers* Nintendo Direct contents partially leaked by Nintendo Japan's website *Spoilers* News - Spoiler - Nintendo

Nothing is known about Kirby except for the title (translated from Japanese). It'll probably get shown at tonights Direct. Tentative 2022 line-up:

EDIT: Oh wait besides this? Did I miss something?

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I see no reason to prioritize Metroid Prime 2 and 3 over dozens of other Wii and Game Cube games to receive such mediocre treatment. If Metroid Prime 1 is getting a full remake, I don't expect 2 and 3 at all on Switch.
I feel like I could still see them being made if both Prime 1R and Prime 4 are big hits. But that would mean 2 and 3 after 4, so on the next console. I mean it did take many many years after RE1make to get RE2 and 3.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Nate has mentioned the plans "have changed", and multiple sources have reported an HD version of MPT through the years. I doubt it wasn't a thing at some point.
I dunno, it feels super weird to me that they were working on an HD Trilogy and somehow decided to ditch it close to completion to instead do a remake of just 1 of the games.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
My expectations are pretty contained on the Nintendo front.

- one or two new games
- release date/window or update for stuff previously confirmed for 2022, perhaps
- NSO update
- DLC for existing games
- more details about 2021 games

Third-party might end up being the more exciting part of it, especially if there's new stuff like Resident Evil and we get some exciting collections confirmed (Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Mass Effect).

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
wait soo according to the Direct leak
WE'RE GONNA SEE ZELDA??

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I feel like I could still see them being made if both Prime 1R and Prime 4 are big hits. But that would mean 2 and 3 after 4, so on the next console. I mean it did take many many years after RE1make to get RE2 and 3.
That's why I said on Switch. It is not impossible that one day they will see a remake, but not on Switch.

wait soo according to the Direct leak
WE'RE GONNA SEE ZELDA??
I think that was already listed before.

FulcrumTK

Oct 6, 2020
Hey while you guys wait for the direct, you might want to check out the GDoC (Game Devs of Color) Expo 2021 Direct that just happened. Got a lot of really great looking indie games, one of which has a VTuber I watch as its art director (that's the only reason I knew this direct was happening, sadly).

The Botw2 slate is from E3, it doesn't mean we're gonna get a new trailer
Aw dang, you're right. I didn't notice this was just a schedule. Hopefully Splatoon 3 will show up at least.

Last edited:

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
It was never finished or being sat on back then. That info was wrong.
We had one of the lead developers of the original games talking about how difficult it would be to bring Prime 3 over. Do you think it's the case Nintendo decided that engineering work was too difficult for a compilation?

I guess other factors could be Prime 4's development reboot led to them re-evaluating their plans for the franchise, as well as how strongly their individual re-releases are selling. Why do 3 games in one, when you could actually get 3 full releases from Metroid Prime Trilogy?

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
We had one of the lead developers of the original games talking about how difficult it would be to bring Prime 3 over. Do you think it's the case Nintendo decided that engineering work was too difficult for a compilation?

I guess other factors could be Prime 4's development reboot led to them re-evaluating their plans for the franchise, as well as how strongly their individual re-releases are selling. Why do 3 games in one, when you could actually get 3 full releases from Metroid Prime Trilogy?
I'm digging into finding out more information on intents beyond MP1 for Switch. Hopefully I get some clarity regarding MP2/3 plans soon.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, GameXplain just uploaded a video about the leak. The silouette is Captain Falcon, so F-Zero game!

Joking, Captain Falcon is a running gag.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I'm digging into finding out more information on intents beyond MP1 for Switch. Hopefully I get some clarity regarding MP2/3 plans soon.
While I'm bummed at the possibility of not seeing Prime 2 or 3 on Switch any time soon, and I'm suspicious about the extent to which Nintendo are relying on their back catalogue, I do hope this is further evidence that Nintendo are taking Metroid very seriously and that they hope to boost the profile of the franchise. Metroid Dread is looking like a really positive development for the series.

Metroid Prime is an iconic, all-time classic, so I hope they're doing it justice.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this meant as a full remake or is Nintendo really going to charge a full $60 for just the first game in HD when the entire trilogy has been $20 for years on the Wii U shop?
Skyward Sword is also $20 right now on the Wii U eShop, so I think you know the answer to that question.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It completely went over my head before, but them tweeting Prime Baby Back Ribs was them alluding to "we got our baby Metroid Prime back".
that feels like a stretch since it still doesn't have relevance to a beef standing roast, also those look like spares rather than baby backs. I don't think I've seen baby backs that look so flat

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo General Discussion |OT28| We have the meats

But that might create a conflict-of-interest with our official* thread eatery Subway(TM).

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Hype for the reveal tonight. I've modded my joycons and pro controllers recently and it was really fun. Cant wait for all the indies next week and Metroid soon!

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh, that'd make sense. So in the end the rumors were that something Prime was in the works and somewhere down the line the (maybe wrong?) assumption of a Prime Trilogy HD was made?

Pretty sure it was just insiders making stuff up and it got out of hand. The rumour was that the trilogy was ported and complete for years, if they're just working on a remake of Prime 1 now it's completely unrelated.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Not much more to say, honestly.

The info shared there is correct & the change to which I was referring. This improved version of MP1 has been in development for a couple of years now & is well on track to make a 2022 release date. I view it as better as the end result should be more than a simpe HD coat of paint over a GCN game -- ala Mario Sunshine. Not saying a full-on ground up remake like Demon's Souls, either. But the end result will be the best version of MP1.
Thanks, Nate. I'm unbelievably hyped for this and to see what, if anything, is being done with 2 and 3 on Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.