• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Not much more to say, honestly.

The info shared there is correct & the change to which I was referring. This improved version of MP1 has been in development for a couple of years now & is well on track to make a 2022 release date. I view it as better as the end result should be more than a simpe HD coat of paint over a GCN game -- ala Mario Sunshine. Not saying a full-on ground up remake like Demon's Souls, either. But the end result will be the best version of MP1.
Do you have any idea who is developing it?

Skipper93653

Apr 18, 2021

The info shared there is correct & the change to which I was referring. This improved version of MP1 has been in development for a couple of years now & is well on track to make a 2022 release date. I view it as better as the end result should be more than a simpe HD coat of paint over a GCN game -- ala Mario Sunshine. Not saying a full-on ground up remake like Demon's Souls, either. But the end result will be the best version of MP1.
Who's developing it?

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
It's nuts. GOTY contender. This is to me as close as AA has gotten to the original games in terms of writing and plot weaving.

I'm at 2-4

2-3 was incredible.

I lost my stuff when it turned out that The Professor was Kazuma-sama's father
Mate forget contender, it's my game of the year frontrunner so far. It doesn't stop being a page turner from where you're at until the end.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019

So what you're saying is, Meta-Kraid is in this version of the game, and will be twelve times the size of Quadraxis?

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

Do you know if something similar is being worked on for Prime 2 and 3?

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused with the Prime rumors now.

So, the Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch never really existed? It'd make little sense for "plans change" to be from an HD port of 3 games to a straight remake of just 1 game if the plans indeed changed this year.

Ibrahim

Feb 1, 2020

👀

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Do you have any idea who is developing it?

Who's developing it?

Yes but not going to name them for security sake. They are a western studio.

Do you know if something similar is being worked on for Prime 2 and 3?

To my knowledge, not at this time. Doesn't mean such plans cannot happen. Could prioritize MP1 and then MP2 and so forth for each individual title's 20th.

Aug 25, 2019

Say, Nate, I don't want to bother you, but how high do you think the chances are that we hear from the Odyssey team during today's show? DK or 3D Mario, I don't know, but do you think today is the day?

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So I bought Cruis'n Blast yesterday.

Holy crap, this is the best racer I've played in some time. Hot damn.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's good to have a Direct to take my mind off things for a while. It's looking like a decent show as well.

Naru

May 11, 2019
2 has less games, and arguably the less popular ones, so I imagine it sells worse than 1.
Both were previously discounted to -33% according to Deku Deals, the -50% of Collection 2 is a new low. That's why I think it's weird sind the Mega Man X Collections are also both -50%. I am holding off for now and just buy Collection 2. Maybe it's an error.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
The obvious question for NateDrake is:

If you had to fight 50 normal-sized, bare-bones Metroid Prime Trilogy HDs, or one, Kraid-sized high-effort Metroid Prime remaster, which would it be, and why?

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Everything with a 3 it seems lol. But I don't want to spoil myself.

The last couple of days have been eventful. Hope you doing well.

Oh, and remember the Persona announcement? A bunch of nothing.
Ahahaha yeah the last few days on the site have been a wild ride!
And yeah… classic Atlus lol they're marketing division is a bunch of trolls

…nintendo direct leaked.
If you don't want to know, don't look.
www.nintendo.co.jp

発売スケジュール|任天堂

任天堂株式会社の発売スケジュールです。
Yes.
"Kirby's Discovery" coming 2022 Spring.
Bayonetta 3 coming 2022.
HRrbezl.jpg

YES!! With the Castlevania Advanced Collection, anything else will be a cherry on top!

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England

Any chance it could be a remaster of Prime 1 with 2 and 3 getting ports in the same package? So the trilogy but with only the first game getting some hefty work done?

Irene

Feb 22, 2021
Leaked game

I started doing Direct predictions in 2019, and it's crazy how much has come true

Link's Awakening remake
Breath of the Wild sequel
Banjo in Smash
Xenoblade remaster
New The World Ends With You
Wario Ware
3D Kirby

Now, bring on Style Savvy :)

Last edited:

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So is media create dead in the waters after what happened during the week?
I imagine someone might pick up and continue the threads at some point, but the OP is rightfully done with ResetEra. There's a new site being planned atm.

Basically I don't think an Era MC threads will be worth following compared to what the new site will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.