• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah in 31 hours there will be a laughable amount of complaining and disappointment, as per usual.
I've rarely been disappointed In their directs. There are always nice surprises and I play many different kinds of games and have a particular interest in seeing what 3rd parties announce. Disappointment people almost always fall into categories of people with narrow interests (Nintendo 1st party only games) or narrow franchise interest like expecting pikmin every direct

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Alright here's the Direct bingo card

9YeKvfj.png

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Nice list.

My dream list:

- Xenoblade Chronicles 3
- N64 NSO
- Silksong trailer + release date
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope combat trailer
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 title drop
- Dark Souls 2 & 3
-
New Trials game
- Pikmin 4
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Literally any 2 of those would make my year

Ha! You're ambitious, I can't even dream that big!

XC3 would be enough for me, but Silksong and Rabbids? That would polish things off. Anything to get me back playing. :)

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Announced games:
Breath of the Wild 2
Splatoon 3
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3
Detective Pikachu 2

Rumoured games:
DonkEPD Kong
Xenoblade Chronicl3s
Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy of the *mumble mumble*
Kirby 3Dedede

if they show two from the first group and at least one from the second that would be pretty cool. Other than that I'd love to see something completely out of left field like Astral Chain or Ring Fit Adventure and obviously third party games.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
I feel like the next 3D Mario could release end of 2022 or 2023 since we had 3D world this year already.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Announced games:
Breath of the Wild 2
Splatoon 3
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3
Detective Pikachu 2

Rumoured games:
DonkEPD Kong
Xenoblade Chronicl3s
Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy of the *mumble mumble*
Kirby 3Dedede

if they show two from the first group and at least one from the second that would be pretty cool. Other than that I'd love to see something completely out of left field like Astral Chain or Ring Fit Adventure and obviously third party games.
Kirby 3Dedede

hehe

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Who had the list of possible announcements based on retailers listings and rating boards leaks? Can't find it

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I've said it a few times but we've been in a slightly weird position this year where, even as the announcement schedule returned to normal (big events in February, June, and September), the actual announcements in those events skewed slightly differently because Nintendo needed to announce almost all their first half titles in February and almost all their second half stuff in June. Before this E3, only Super Mario Party was announced at E3 and released in the same year and this year there were 4 games at E3 for 2021. We've already had several major exclusives confirmed for 2022, too.

So I'm not quite sure what to expect tomorrow. Even after them announcing a bunch of games this year, there's still quite a few things we're waiting for: HAL's next game, Monolith Soft's next game, something from EPD 8, 9, 10, the next Fire Emblem, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 (not yet), Zelda (not yet), Detective Pikachu 2. It won't be that long before Good-Feel and Next Level likely have something to show, but I'm not expecting them just yet.

My assumption is tomorrow is mostly geared towards third-parties coming in the next 4 to 5 months, updates to NSO, DLC for first-party games, and obviously more of a glimpse at 2022. Those are safe expectations. But it's difficult to know what mix of first-party games to expect purely because there's actually still a fairly wide pool to choose from.

Apart from Kirby, because Kirby is eternal and will be there tomorrow.

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
Why is everyone talking about 3D Kirby as a given? Obviously a new Kirby game is inevitable but did one of the credible insiders say it would be specifically 3D?

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Ha! You're ambitious, I can't even dream that big!

XC3 would be enough for me, but Silksong and Rabbids? That would polish things off. Anything to get me back playing. :)
Oh yeah most definitely a 0% chance of all of this happening.

I have more of a "pick 2" relationship with the above list - any 2 would make my direct, hands down.

However, if only Xenoblade 3 was present it would still be the best direct of the year for me : 3

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm lucky that I have today off and have been up driving since 5am, so I'm gonna nap till tomorrow.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
I think it could almost be a mid-2022 title tbh, like Galaxy 2 was. Nintendo has had some sort of Mario game every June or July since 2018.

Idk i feel like we had a LOT of 3D Mario lately and we could skip a year.

Really the issue is Zelda. They can't put a 3D Mario and BOTW2 around the same time obviously, so one of them is going to be pushed to 2023.

Yea unless Zelda releases earlier in the year. But with how slow they are marketing it i feel like it will be Fall 2022 at the very least. I don't feel like we neeeed a new 3D Mario next year, especially if we get DK and/or Kirby

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Will Nintendo let us order 4 N64 controllers or limit it to 2 per account? That is the real question (assuming it happens).

Hoping for more Splatoon 3 info like updated salmon run and another new mode.
It's also time got a new pushmo

Mostly expecting a lot of third party announcements since we've had so many ratings and rumors.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I see the thread has jumped the gun again: Xenoblade 3, new 3D Mario, new DK game, everything unannounced and simply rumored, if not completely made up in case of Mario.

All announced and released before Zelda.

:]

Status
Not open for further replies.