• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
If we do get a Fire Emblem remake, please give us the option to change how the battlefield/world exploration looks like (like in DQXIS). FE3H was ugly.

Don't expect miracles, i doubt KT had the time/budget to completely revamp their Three Houses engine, even if IS would've been able to delegate more of their own people on the development this time.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
This is actually a comfy and realistic prediction.

But would GTA be in their presentation? I also expect SMTV.

You're right, they would probably announce it on their own like at the GA maybe ? But i think it's suppose to make it this year ? Who knows.
And you're right, SMT V should get it's final trailer tomorrow, forgot about that.

MayorTortimer

May 27, 2018
Does anyone know if a OG Switch would be compatible with an OLED Switch's dock? Getting my fiance an OLED Switch for xmas (I think).

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
If IS makes the next FE internally on their own engine, then FE17 will be one of the best looking Switch games, mark my words (just look at Origami King!)

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Don't expect miracles, i doubt KT had the time/budget to completely revamp their Three Houses engine, even if IS would've been able to delegate more of their own people on the development this time.

Yeah, not expecting much in the FE department overall. But maybe putting it out there in the universe will grant it to me :)

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Intelligent Systems is a pretty small team isn't it? Any big game of theirs will always have outsourced development.

Three houses was almost entirely outsourced though.

We know now that they were busy with both Paper Mario and Warioware, and could in principle now be working on a Fire Emblem, however if they did go to making a new Fire Emblem game, it'll be years out, given paper Mario only launched July 2020 (Whereas other than DLC, three houses came out in July 2019). Even moreso since if they cut ties with KT, they presumably won't be using much if any of their base already built and would need to start from scratch (...otherwise, they should just have continued working with them...)

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if I remember correctly, all of their non-team ninja games use the same modified Dynasty Warriors engine

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If IS makes the next FE internally on their own engine, then FE17 will be one of the best looking Switch games, mark my words (just look at Origami King!)

The same team who made Paper Mario Sticker star which looked nice and the same year released a fire emblem game where they couldn't even work out how to give the characters feet in time for release, you mean?

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how ugly Three Houses looks compared to games that Intelligent Systems actually develop themselves, like Paper Mario. Oh well, maybe the next FE will look better.

rodeo_chirb

Jun 16, 2020
It's interesting how the internet has just given up on hoping for silksong at directs and honestly I feel the same way. Definitely my most anticipated but I honestly have no idea at this point when to expect it.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Summoning these items for the upcoming direct: Or hey.. at least 3 of them.

Xenoblade 3
Dankey Kang
Silksong
Bayonetta 3
Triangle Strategy
Mario Rabbids2
BotW2
Something cool I would never think about

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Expecting Capcom to lift the lid on what's happening with the big Rise expansion very soon, but unsure if it will be at this Direct or TGS. Not long until we find out though either way.

You really think this soon? I almost assumed they'd hold off talk about it until Q1, because it likely wouldn't release til later in 2022, anyway. Meanwhile, RE Outrage is probably going to get plenty of focus because it stands to be released by Q1.

Either way, I hope they've taken their time on it. At the very least, give me back my playable cats (and dogs would be great, too)! I also would hope they have a better plan in mind for the end game loop.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how ugly Three Houses looks compared to games that Intelligent Systems actually develop themselves, like Paper Mario. Oh well, maybe the next FE will look better.

I mean, it's possible that IS had some more people free to help out KT this time compared to Three Houses, which basically was a IS skeleton team, but it's like ILikeFeet said, the problem is and will always be the engine KT uses, or rather how massively reworked it was for working with a mainline FE game.

My expectations are, it still won't look really good, but the technical side will be improved quite a bit.

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
It's interesting how the internet has just given up on hoping for silksong at directs and honestly I feel the same way. Definitely my most anticipated but I honestly have no idea at this point when to expect it.

It'll come out when it's ready. It's a huge game by a tiny dev team. I hoped it would be 2020 and, well, here we are lol

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Capcom, don't let us down. Give us the collections that we are dying for!

mega-man-battle-network.jpg
What not Megaman Legends 1/2 and Tron

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
The same team who made Paper Mario Sticker star which looked nice and the same year released a fire emblem game where they couldn't even work out how to give the characters feet in time for release, you mean?
Why are we talking about Awakening instead of echoes, which looks really good for a 3ds game? IS obviously wasn't very experienced with 3d FE when Awakening was being developed (and iirc they didn't even know the specs of the 3ds at the time, which is why Awakening didn't have feet in the first place) but I think they're capable of making a great looking HD FE now, especially if some of the PM team help with development, which may be needed
anyway given the amount of resources it would require.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Tomorrow what I most want would be:

- a new EPD title. Donkey Kong probably in first place right now given how long it is since Tropical Freeze first launched.
- Bayonetta 3. Both to shut people up and to make me happy.
- Less reliance on Old Stuff. Yes, I'd be happy to see Prime Trilogy HD and I'd love a Holy War remake for Fire Emblem... but let's see more new stuff from Nintendo.
- A general indication first half 2022 is actually going to be good and strong. It doesn't need to lean on Nintendo alone for that - third-party titles like Mario + Rabbids, Triangle Strategy, Resident Evil being first half 2022 would be an excellent start. Throw on something like console releases for Fantasian and Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters, plus things like Mass Effect Trilogy and Sports Story, and I'd be happy.

2022 could end up being great but my one concern would be Nintendo take a little while to warm up and the first half suffers for it. That being said, Pokemon Legends planted in January is one hell of a strong start so I hope they're ready to follow that up.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The gameplay of Shadows of Valentia is where it stumbles later on, but the production values including visuals and audio are excellent.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Ok, my dream list -

Xenoblade 3
Bayonetta 3
Silksong
Sports Story
Something Mario

I wouldn't say no to a new ambitious take on Kirby or DK either. I don't expect stuff like MK or Zelda.

I also don't expect to see everything, but some of the games I'm talking about here have been three, four, five years in the making - it would be nice to start seeing some of them.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
As per usual I'll miss it live. Oh well.

Someone @ me if Eternal Darkness is discussed in any capacity.

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
The gameplay of Shadows of Valentia is where it stumbles later on, but the production values including visuals and audio are excellent.
The battle animations especially look really good in that game imo, I'd love to see what IS could do with animations with much more powerful hardware like the Switch (and hopefully a much bigger budget than whatever they had to work with for SoV)

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Ok, my dream list -

Xenoblade 3
Bayonetta 3
Silksong
Sports Story
Something Mario
Nice list.

My dream list:

- Xenoblade Chronicles 3
- N64 NSO