• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2021

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry for just coming into the thread with general Switch questions but ..

I've been itching to buy a Switch to play a bunch of old Nintendo games I've missed, Metroid Dread, Advance Wars, and to have a console to play random indie titles.

When do the holiday bundles usually get announced/released? Have they in the past been a worthwhile purchase compared to just buying the console and whatever bundled game separately?
Holiday Bundles?

LOL

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
The only people unwelcome in this thread are racists, sexists, transphobes and adults who go by the name Willy.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
So who is going to start a rumour about unrumoured platforms?
Philips-Software-logo-300.png

Draw your own conclusions...

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Ok so at this point a direct has to be pretty much guaranteed right? Like even people in the know are pretty much saying it without saying it

Also no SMT V PV announced, another good sign

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Me too, Emily. Me too.

I can only muster enthusiasm for Sega consoles if they end up getting added to NSO, but even that seems unlikely given Sega could sell a $40 collection of 20 Genesis games and make hella bank across a variety of platforms.

Hell, a $60 collection of Sonic 1-3 + Knuckles & Spinball feat. Mean Bean Machine is still probably considered good value by most if it's handled like the Sonic Mega Collection on Gamecube with concept art and behind the scenes storyboards

Although it would be very Nintendo of Nintendo to announce the Atari 2600 with the E.T. game available at launch, including a landfill minigame to bury every known copy in existence.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Something I've been thinking about for weeks/few months now. I really don't have much interesting things to say nor able to carry any type of discussions. Used to post all the time in Smash Era but never really fitted in.

post here a lot but don't feel like I leave much of an impression.

The Sales thread really doesn't have anything to do with it. Spending all the this time away lately cause of my new job just makes me realize I'm not missing much in the end. Which is unfortunate to me.

For what it's worth, I recognized when you post here and elsewhere which more than I can say for most people on this forum. I think many would agree that you're a staple here and you being gone would certainly be a loss.

Aug 15, 2020
Maybe this is just me, and if so feel free to ignore, but I'd love if we could stop using the term 'copium'. Like its sibling 'cope more', I've always found it mean-spirited
No, it's not just you. Tee-hee right wingers really isn't a good reason to propagate a 4 year old /biz/ suicide meme for people suffering catastrophic financial losses in order to dunk on people excited about a Nintendo Direct in the Nintendo thread.

Last edited:

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
There was always more beyond GB/GBC. Like I said, I confirmed N64 was one of the platforms EG alluded to.
At this point, most of us would interpret "beyond rumored" as something on top of GB and N64. Which we can probably safely say won't happen at the same time as those two, if indeed those two do happen simultaneously or close together.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
There was always more beyond GB/GBC. Like I said, I confirmed N64 was one of the platforms EG alluded to.
X360 on NSO confirmed
Seriously though, it's probably DS. A good portion of the Gamecube library is getting separate ports (3D All-Stars, Windwaker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Metroid Prime Trilogy), Wii is out of the question due to motion controls, 3DS wouldn't work as well without 3D and it's too new, and I believe GBA was already denied.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
As for Animal Crossing -- Wild World wasn't immediately given an enhanced port for the next console, with all its content and then some, like N64 Animal Forest was.

That's true, but unless they have plans for bringing the GCN game over in the near future, there's no negatives to bringing the N64 one onto NSO in the meantime. It could be awhile for the GCN one to be rereleased.

Okay wtf isn't rumored at this point? X360 games on NSO?!

I think GB, GBC, and N64 have all been rumored with GCN willed into being a rumor on occasion.

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
I definitely think Nintendo won't add GC to the NSO lineup when it'd be much more profitable to release remasters and remakes of them instead.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Grezzo is working on an HD remake of Animal Crossing GCN right now so I don't think Animal Forest will be on NSO

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone explain the label placement speculation relating to the n64 controller? Specifically the second label on the large area, what does that correspond with?

Edit: thanks all

Last edited:

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
Can someone explain the label placement speculation relating to the n64 controller? Specifically the second label on the large area, what does that correspond with?
Here's a mockup made in the previous thread:

w8ZbYqo.png

Here's a mock-up I did to visualize it. Obviously the permitter box isn't to scale but as far as the label "dimensions" go, it lines up perfectly with these spots on the N64 controller.

It's happening.

The N64 controller itself only has one label (on the top), but if the new controller is an N64 replica, then presumably the back slot will be closed off.

512px-N64-Controller-Gray-Back.jpg

Jul 18, 2018
North Carolina

The bottom label shape would line up with the memory pak / rumble pak port. On a replica controller they wouldn't have the port, but it would be the only flat spot on the bottom of an N64 controller

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm gonna preface this by admitting I don't know jack shit and I desperately want n64 on nso

the labels thing doesn't seem like especially compelling evidence to me

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
If more than 3 consoles are added, or if it's 3, I imagine it'd require another price tier, specially if any of the consoles ends up being from a 3rd party.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
There's literally nothing on the N64 I could possibly want to play. If we do get a new tier it'll be great news for gamers but a huge nothingburger for me.

Oct 26, 2017
Here's a mockup made in the previous thread:

The N64 controller itself only has one label (on the top), but if the new controller is an N64 replica, then presumably the back slot will be closed off.

512px-N64-Controller-Gray-Back.jpg
Ah I get it now, thanks. The abstractness threw me and I thought the border represented a section instead of the whole object.

Mochino

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Something I've been thinking about for weeks/few months now. I really don't have much interesting things to say nor able to carry any type of discussions. Used to post all the time in Smash Era but never really fitted in.

post here a lot but don't feel like I leave much of an impression.

The Sales thread really doesn't have anything to do with it. Spending all the this time away lately cause of my new job just makes me realize I'm not missing much in the end. Which is unfortunate to me.
I mainly lurk and rarely post so this might not mean much, but I always appreciated your posts when reading through the smash thread. Definitely the voice there I could most relate to.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Have any of you dug out your old GBAs lately? I did a few months ago and I don't know how the hell I saw anything on that tiny ass screen. Final Fantasy Tactics Advances still looked beautiful though.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Same, haha. The Legacy of Goku, Pokemon Sapphire, and Metroid Fusion. The gaming holy trinity of my youth, lol.
I was a ten year old kid whose only experience with RPGs came from Pokémon, and I didn't understand why I couldn't get Goku to go Super Saiyan. I thought maybe if I leveled him up, he would "evolve" into Super Saiyan Goku as if it were a Pokémon game! I spent probably half a dozen hours killing mooks before I reached the max level, and Goku never evolved 😓 The rest of the game was really easy after that lol

Jan 2, 2021
I was a ten year old kid whose only experience with RPGs came from Pokémon, and I didn't understand why I couldn't get Goku to go Super Saiyan. I thought maybe if I leveled him up, he would "evolve" into Super Saiyan Goku as if it were a Pokémon game! I spent probably half a dozen hours killing mooks before I reached the max level, and Goku never evolved 😓 The rest of the game was really easy after that lol
Haha, I bet! ...Dang, so many great memories of playing my GBA. I spent a lot of time hunched over my grandma's couch just so the light from the end table lamp would illuminate the screen better, lol. My back hurt later, but it was worth it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.