• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
So potential announcement times at this point? I know tomorrow at 10 am is the obvious, but is there any time beyond that they could announce something?

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
So what's the word going around about the upcoming Direct? Any ideas on what games are going to be talked about? Hoping for more on the Pokémon games as I'm still on the wall on them.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
NGL this whole MC fiasco has dampened my excitement for the (potential) Direct. Reading the new MC threads on Thursday mornings was one of my favorite things to do every week.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
So what's the word going around about the upcoming Direct? Any ideas on what games are going to be talked about? Hoping for more on the Pokémon games as I'm still on the wall on them.

So far it seems likely we're gonna get an update on Nintendo Switch online in form of Gameboy and/or N64 coming to the service.

Afterwards the rest are assumptions based on rumors or what's been announced previously : Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, a Fire Emblem remake, Donkey Kong, etc

There should be a slew of third party announcements as well like Castlevania Advance Collection, the Alan Wake remaster, Borderlands 3, etc..

the upcoming Pokemon games might get new trailers, same as other previously announced games that have yet to be released like Metroid, Mario Party, Advance Wars, SMT V (with maybe the english dub finally being unveiled).

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
As far as I know, Xenoblade 3, expanded NSO and leaked third parties is the "safe" thing.
NGL this whole MC fiasco has dampened my excitement for the (potential) Direct. Reading the new MC threads on Thursday mornings was one of my favorite things to do every week.
Yeah, it probably sounds a little sad, but being unemployed, Comic Book Wednesdays and Media Create Thursdays helped me get a sense of a weekly routine.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Cruuuuuuuis on down to your local shop and buy Cruis'n everybody! It'll cheer ya right up

I have not bought cruis'n yet

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't used Discord in ages, probably since the transition from the old forum, I think I'm already in the channel though, so I might hang there a bit.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This thread will go even faster if something actually does happen this week.

It'd be kind of hilarious if this thread doesn't even survive to Metroid Dread's release date.

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
Is it just me or is the Discord invite Invalid/Expired?

Also the above thing about Pokémon, completely slipped my mind though I'm really itching to see anything majorly new about the remakes and to see more about the gameplay loop of Arceus before I take the dive.

As for Castlevania, that sounds interesting. Haven't played one except X on PS Vita, but I did enjoyed it and Symphony so that might peak my interest. But I am super hype for Xenoblade 3... still haven't finished Definitive despite having it for months, should really get around to doing that. Don't have Online and unlike most people I'm not that interested in the re-releases.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
As far as I know, Xenoblade 3, expanded NSO and leaked third parties is the "safe" thing.
Xenoblade isn't necessarily safe - we know it's coming, but it might not be announced this year. A good chance though!
Yeah, it probably sounds a little sad, but being unemployed, Comic Book Wednesdays and Media Create Thursdays helped me get a sense of a weekly routine.
It's not sad. Routines like that are really helpful. It IS sad what's happened to Media Create, though.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Pokemon will almost certainly have a spot in the next direct, probably to reveal a new feature and a couple of new pokemon/forms, that's typically the direct standard

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
And now it's locked, pending an investigation of the mod. Also not a great move IMO
As I said on the thread, most moves they have will only fan the flames of discontent. I expected a lock so they'd review things, because the negative feedback loop on the thread would feed on itself and make people angrier and angrier. Still, they shouldn't suppress criticism, so people should not be banned for being critical about the bad or unwise actions of the mod team (unless the criticism is made om bad faith, but they have to be VERY careful with all this).

jay_toon10

Oct 28, 2017
Cape Town
Might as well post here for here for the Discord , i have been lurking on the MC threads for more than a decade and what happened is just sad all around
*goes back to lurking*

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
So far it seems likely we're gonna get an update on Nintendo Switch online in form of Gameboy and/or N64 coming to the service.

Afterwards the rest are assumptions based on rumors or what's been announced previously : Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, a Fire Emblem remake, Donkey Kong, etc

There should be a slew of third party announcements as well like Castlevania Advance Collection, the Alan Wake remaster, Borderlands 3, etc..

the upcoming Pokemon games might get new trailers, same as other previously announced games that have yet to be released like Metroid, Mario Party, Advance Wars, SMT V (with maybe the english dub finally being unveiled).
The Genealogy of the Holy War remake rumor has been around since the 3DS, along with Link's Awakening and that Virtual Boy Wario game.

At this point, I feel that sooner or later it will happen.

(And because I've already played GBA and Game Cube Fire Emblems dozens of times in my youth and have no interest in replaying them again)

Oct 26, 2017
Pokemon tends to have its own events for new announcements, but Directs are no stranger to further coverage on already announced games, like the D/P remakes or Arceus, I don't think.
I just realised the last Pokémon direct was only 1 month ago lol.
Not convinced a huge direct is necessary right now for anything, although there are obviously a few things due, like the N64 mystery controller and the next Smash fighter.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Indo wonder of Snap is going to get another update, whether free or paid?

while not impossible I wonder if the Pokemon Snap update was basically the dev team finishing their work on the game that had been delayed due to covid in the same way Rise didn't release as a complete package at launch (tho it had plenty of content).

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
Probably had a time-limit on how long it works for upon creation and now the limit has passed it doesn't work. Even without an account it should ask you to login, not tell you its invalid.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
The Media Create problem is basically that the MC thread has had a troll problem for months/years, and it was always framed in a way that was deniable to moderation standards, so reporting usually didn't do much

The OP of the MC threads had been getting less patient with the situation for the past few months, and that came to a head when he disagreed with a mod (who, it appears, may have been making fun of Chris behind his back—and the rest of the MC thread, too—on Discord)

Chris ate a one day ban, new rules were set up that didn't address the problem that regulars had been seeing for months, and now a bunch of MC regulars, including Chris, are peacing out

Is Chris definitely leaving? Huge blow for Resetera

Status
Not open for further replies.