• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Carried over from the last thread:

When will the Direct air?

[19th century paperboy voice] come one, come all! place ya bets!

[clone wars announcer voice] TEAM TOMORROW is out of the running, since the window for announcements has passed for Tuesday! Up next on the chopping block: TEAM WEDNESDAY! Will hope fail us? Will the separatists in TEAM N/A / SOMETIME NEXT WEEK prevail? Or will NINTENDO DIRECTS leave us once and for all? Tune in... tomorrow!!

Team Tomorrow (Tuesday)
- Rantanplang17
- Josh5890
- Ibrahim
- Plubio

Team Wednesday
- b3llydrum
- VelvetMonkey
- shoptroll
- MarcelRguez
- CeVee
- AmbitiousHylian
- Mandos

Team Thursday
- StupidSexyFlanders
- TwntyOneTwlv
- Lelouch0612
- JershJopstin
- Raccoon
- Dragoncaine

Team Friday

Team Wednesday Next Week (29th)

- SlightlyMadGames

Team N/A / sometime next week
- Railways
- Stairouais
- Plum
- Magic-Man
- Gravijah
- Scrawnton

Team Chaos (aka. it's gona be shadowdropped, or a partner showcase, or some crazy shit and yes this is the full team name)
- Hoagmaster

Team no idea it's a Japanese holiday on Thursday so maybe Wednesday morning ET or maybe Thursday evening ET so it's on Wednesday/Friday Japanese time respectively what team does that make me
- hologram
- Platy
- Gamer_Gian
- NabiscoFelt

Team There is absolutely no way there will be a Direct this week otherwise I will eat cardboard
- pld
- Truno
- lexony

Last edited:

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
May 1, 2021
This (30 year) old man finally 100% completed Skyward Sword this morning while I was supposed to be working…oops.

now it's back to trying to 100% New Pokémon Snap and Witcher 3 (god help me)

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019

[clone wars announcer voice] TEAM TOMORROW is out of the running, since the window for announcements has passed for Tuesday! Up next on the chopping block: TEAM WEDNESDAY! Will hope fail us? Will the separatists in TEAM N/A / SOMETIME NEXT WEEK prevail? Or will NINTENDO DIRECTS leave us once and for all? Tune in... tomorrow!!

Team Tomorrow (Tuesday)
- Rantanplang17
- Josh5890
- Ibrahim
- Plubio

Team Wednesday
- b3llydrum
- VelvetMonkey
- shoptroll
- MarcelRguez
- CeVee
- Dragoncaine
- AmbitiousHylian
- Mandos

Team Thursday
- StupidSexyFlanders
- TwntyOneTwlv
- Lelouch0612
- JershJopstin
- Raccoon

Team Friday

Team Wednesday Next Week (29th)

- SlightlyMadGames

Team N/A / sometime next week
- Railways
- Stairouais
- Plum
- Magic-Man
- Gravijah

Team Chaos (aka. it's gona be shadowdropped, or a partner showcase, or some crazy shit and yes this is the full team name)
- Hoagmaster

Team no idea it's a Japanese holiday on Thursday so maybe Wednesday morning ET or maybe Thursday evening ET so it's on Wednesday/Friday Japanese time respectively what team does that make me
- hologram
- Platy
- Gamer_Gian

Team There is absolutely no way there will be a Direct this week otherwise I will eat cardboard
- pld
- Truno
I'd like to join Team no idea it's a Japanese holiday on Thursday so maybe Wednesday morning ET or maybe Thursday evening ET so it's on Wednesday/Friday Japanese time respectively what team does that make me

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
All I am wanting is a Golden Sun remake, everything else I wanted is already coming out.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
If we don't get another direct this year, I can safely say 2021 was the worst year for Switch.
Here are my favorite Switch years, in descending order, along with the games that made them so special to me:

1. 2017
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
- Splatoon 2

2. 2021
- New Pokemon Snap
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2
- Metroid Dread
- Shin Megami Tensei V
- Monster Hunter Rise
- Bravely Default 2
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl

3. 2020
- Trials of Mana
- Hades
- Paper Mario: The Origami King
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe

4. 2019
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
- Dragon Quest XI S
- Pokemon Sword / Shield

5. 2018
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country
- Hollow Knight
- Octopath Traveler
- Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Let's Go, Eevee!
- Mario Tennis Aces
- Super Mario Party

I think it's interesting that according to this list, the years have only been getting better as time goes on - yet no year so far has beaten 2017 for me.

Although, given how 2022 is looking, I believe it absolutely will be my favorite year on the Switch:

- Xenoblade Chronicles 3
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
- Triangle Strategy
- Splatoon 3
- Silksong??
- Metal Slug Tactics

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
There's something strangely philosophical about the cycle of these threads. We're all either waiting for a Direct, or discussing one that just occurred.

The reprieve of a Direct announcement is brief and fleeting.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
There's something strangely philosophical about the cycle of these threads. We're all either waiting for a Direct, or discussing one that just occurred.

I live for that brief period of euphoria between Direct announcement and Direct

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand

I think there's a term for it: the fictionalism of anticipation. It's manufactured hope that speaks to the human capacity for wanting agency (to anticipate something based on past patterns is a form of freedom) that embraces the possibility of fictional worlds that may never exist.

It's fascinating from the extremely little I've read about it.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I've gotten more excited for Dread as more has been shown so I started Samus Returns on my 3DS this week, and while I like it, I'm having a terrible time with the controls. Analog stick for 2D game movebrbt just feels wrong but I'll get the hang of that.
But shooting missiles? Help me! Having to hold that other button and aim then another button to shoot is not working for me lol. Any tips? Git gud? Lol
I'm with you. I'm really enjoying SR on a first-time playthrough (just made it to Area 4), but damn are those controls cramp-inducing.

Animal Crossing
- Not extreme life-simulator gameplay
- Have to dig the ground up slowly with a shovel
- Only explosions are some measly fireworks
- Can only play as a human
- Spells the 'cr___ing' world in its title properly
- Music is just banjos and shit idk

Cruis'n Blast
- Extreeeme arcade racing gameplay
- Your sheer speed causes the ground to literally falls away in front of you
- Explosions happen practically all the time
- Can play as a Helicopter, Stegosaurus, Dolphin, and more
- Spells "cruising" with an apostrophe and no g because fuck you
- CRUUUUIIISSSS'NNNN

Clearly Animal Crossing deserves to be overshadowed.
A bulletproof argument, to be sure!

Team Wednesday
- b3llydrum
- VelvetMonkey
- shoptroll
- MarcelRguez
- CeVee
- Dragoncaine
- AmbitiousHylian
- Mandos
Oh shit, I thought this bet was asking when it will be announced! I've always been Wednesday announcement for Thursday Direct but now I have to take the L smh

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
I'm with you. I'm really enjoying SR on a first-time playthrough (just made it to Area 4), but damn are those controls cramp-inducing.

A bulletproof argument, to be sure!

Oh shit, I thought this bet was asking when it will be announced! I've always been Wednesday announcement for Thursday Direct but now I have to take the L smh
Naw, I can move you to Thursday! It ain't an L until it's an L

Jan 26, 2019
If the stars align correctly, this is the OT where we have a Direct, the SWOLED and Metroid 5.

What a life to be a time.

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
I checked this yesterday, now i googled it again and apparently Cruisn'Blast is still not available on the european eShop. Why is that?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Animal Crossing
- Not extreme life-simulator gameplay
- Have to dig the ground up slowly with a shovel
- Only explosions are some measly fireworks
- Can only play as a human
- Spells the 'cr___ing' world in its title properly
- Music is just banjos and shit idk

Cruis'n Blast
- Extreeeme arcade racing gameplay
- Your sheer speed causes the ground to literally falls away in front of you
- Explosions happen practically all the time
- Can play as a Helicopter, Stegosaurus, Dolphin, and more
- Spells "cruising" with an apostrophe and no g because fuck you
- CRUUUUIIISSSS'NNNN

Clearly Animal Crossing deserves to be overshadowed.
Obviously AC will fix this by adding a playable F-Zero AX cabinet in the next update

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Are people seriously judging Switch years solely by first-party output?

Switch years should be judged by first and third-party releases; otherwise you aren't really judging the whole platform, you're judging.... Nintendo's software output

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
If we don't get another direct this year, I can safely say 2021 was the worst year for Switch.

I'm not sure how you can say this with a straight face. This year has been really good and by the end of the year it'll be phenomenal. Even if the games released this year are not your cup of tea, saying it was the worst year is still a bad take.

Heck Metroid by itself makes this year for Switch a better year than either Sony and MS had for me personally...but that's just because Metroid is one of my favorite franchises ever.

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
Are people seriously judging Switch years solely by first-party output?

Switch years should be judged by first and third-party releases; otherwise you aren't really judging the whole platform, you're judging.... Nintendo's software output
Do people judge other platforms just by first-party output?

Gamer_Gian

Feb 9, 2020
To-do list for all of us as we wait for the Direct:
If we don't get anything by Thursday I will honestly not care much lol, Monkey Ball's next week, followed by Nick and Metroid the week after, then the new Jackbox pack, and Mario Party (which just needs an overview and confirmation of DLC for me) at the end of the month just two weeks later.

We've almost entered the holiday rush of new games (tbh if you ask me, we already are) so pretty soon, I'm not even gonna remember we didn't get a fall Direct

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I can't blame any Nintendo fan for being overly focused on first party content

sometimes that was all we had

Oct 27, 2017
The way Nintendo fans here and on reddit talk about the switch ,youd think itd have constant droughts . Maybe instead of just looking at first party games look at the multitude of excellent non-ninty games on the system as well sheesh. Is this why people keep thinking the GBA had nothing but ports? cuz they looked at the multitude of Nintendo SNES games on it and nothing else?

Suswave

Aug 11, 2020
y'all waiting for godot but me & the shitpost abyss have you outmaneuvered

I ordered an ungodly number of computer cables / phone dongles / random small items and they are all arriving at different times and days throughout this week which makes every second TENSE and EXCITING because if I don't see something arrive, odds are it will get sent to another awful pickup facility since mail is a complete gamble at my apartment

direct?? what direct?? why would I need to check twitter hourly when I have to check Parcel literally every five minutes??

there is no truth, there is only you, and ç̶̧̡̨̡̡͕̻͚̻͍̼̠̳̤̯̙͕͇̥̗̖̮̭͉̺̖̦̣̋̊̄͂̅̀̈́̆̆̈́̇̂̿̏̃̊͊̾̎̽̅͆͝h̴̛̥̠͚̣̞̰̠̙̪͇̫͙̯͓̪͛̃̋̉͝ą̵̦͕̩̃̅̕ǫ̷͕͔̭͙̳̙̘̼̉̉̂͐̓̍̽́̒̏̓̀̑̌͋̾͐́̈̈́̌͐̓͐͠͝͝s̶̨̟̗̗̞̰̲̺̦̭̤̙̐̓̋̓́́̈́̈́͋̈́̔̓͘ͅ

checkmate atheists

Status
Not open for further replies.