• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What announcement would be the most exciting to you in a September Direct?

• NSO Expansion

Votes: 257 19.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 338 25.0%
  • GTA Collection

Votes: 74 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 62 4.6%
  • Final Smash Character

Votes: 95 7.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

Votes: 441 32.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
User Warned: Modwhining and Cross Thread Drama
Just got caught up with the MC drama. All I'm going to say is that the wrong people got banned. One or two got too personal, but the rest are just wrong.

Hope Chris comes back.

Anyways, let's see if the Direct is announced on a day that ends in Y ( in the English Language) this week.

SirShorse

Jul 16, 2020
If there is a Nintendo Direct this week, I will say (however it may hurt my heart) that SF Adventures, Sunshine and Twilight Princess are bad games.

Jan 26, 2019
I've never been in the MC threads unless when posts from there are linked here but now I checked it to see what everyone is talking about here...

And I don't think I will check another one again.

Mercury_Sagit

Aug 4, 2020
Regarding the problem of insulation/exclusivity in MC threads, I think sharing public reports about the (console) game industry in JP (if available), pinning data sources and thread-marking insightful posts in OP are possible solutions.

I had some experience in equity research and the biggest problem to me is always initiating my coverage on a new region/sector I have not before. This barrier certainly stopped me a few time from posting in MC threads though I have been lurking there for at least 6 years (yes, the old place included) and have been aware of GDL/MC/Famitsu and statistics from retail chains as data sources. The problem will accumulate over time when regular members keep track with the industry development, along with which the expectation on level of insight/knowledge of new members rise over time.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Anybody know when Metroid Dread previews are coming out? Usually it's 2-3 weeks before reviews come out.

Jan 26, 2019
I'd like to say that I am happy that this thread has been trying to actively work on being more hospitable and welcoming to newcomers for the last few weeks since we got called out towards the end of the last OT. I think the vibes are mostly better in here and that's a win for everyone, all the OT veterans included. I hope other posters feel we're moving in the right direction too.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
I still have like 5 or so big JRPGs in my backlog, so naturally I decided to do the sensitive thing and start the first SMT in anticipation of V's release. Progress!

Anyway, this Wednesday for sure.

I'd like to say that I am happy that this thread has been trying to actively work on being more hospitable and welcoming to newcomers for the last few weeks since we got called out towards the end of the last OT. I think the vibes are mostly better in here and that's a win for everyone, all the OT veterans included. I hope other posters feel we're moving in the right direction too.
Wholeheartedly agree, and I think hologram has done a bang-up job as far as keeping things civil/uncontroversial goes.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand

Agreed. There was a distinct shift sometime around the mid teens OTs that really set a pattern of unjustifiable hostility; that's changed in this particular thread.

But I'm trying to find a recap of what happened this weekend; who was banned and why?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I just hope that there's some hope for the clear plastic colors to make an appearance

dlvolk145hf61.jpg
I grew up with ice and jungle but I'd take fire in a heart beat

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
So basically certain things need to be announced before TGS and a Nintendo Direct is the most feasible way to do that, hence it makes sense to have one shortly before TGS(roughly a week or so) and this has been the case for all prior years, so logically it would continue into this year, hence a direct this week is likely?

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
If there is a Nintendo Direct this week, I will say (however it may hurt my heart) that SF Adventures, Sunshine and Twilight Princess are bad games.

Hey >:(

futurama-you-and-i-are-enemies-now.gif

StarFox Adventures was my first Zelda game and had everything I wanted in a Zelda game. Dope music, voice acting, racing minigames, DINOSAURS. Twilight Princess was my first name brand Zelda game, and while a poor choice to get into the series I was in high school and easily influenced and told often that Wind Waker was the worst way to get into the series, and I still enjoyed TP, flaws and all.

Sunshine is a MASTAHPEECE

Jan 26, 2019

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
So basically certain things need to be announced before TGS and a Nintendo Direct is the most feasible way to do that, hence it makes sense to have one shortly before TGS(roughly a week or so) and this has been the case for all prior years, so logically it would continue into this year, hence a direct this week is likely?
That's pretty much it, yeah. We know games such as Triangle Strategy and a new Atelier (?) are going to show up at TGS, so people are banking on them appearing on a Nintendo presentation of some sort beforehand.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
That's pretty much it, yeah. We know games such as Triangle Strategy and a new new Atelier (?) are going to show up at TGS, so people are banking on them appearing on a Nintendo presentation of some sort beforehand.
So am I to understand that TGS isn't really where things are typically revealed, just shown off in more detail? So a new Atelier would have to be revealed beforehand for it to show up at TGS?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Random thing, while playing NMH 3 yesterday, i noticed that my hands are getting more and more hairy on the back.

Nature, whaddayoudoing? At least they're not relocating from the head to the hands.

Wait, I must have missed this. Where did we get the knowledge of Triangle Strategy at TGS?

I think it's officially listed by SQEX on their scheduled lists of TGS games.

Jan 26, 2019
Random thing, while playing NMH 3 yesterday, i noticed that my hands are getting more and more hairy on the back.

Nature, whaddayoudoing? At least they're not relocating from the head to the hands.

I think it's officially listed by SQEX on their scheduled lists of TGS games.
www.siliconera.com

Square Enix Opens TGS 2021 Website With Stream Schedule and Lineup

Square Enix has opened up a special website ahead of Tokyo Game Show 2021, featuring the company's announcement lineup, schedule, and merch.
Thanks, that somehow managed to completely fly over my head. That's awesome news!

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
But I'm trying to find a recap of what happened this weekend; who was banned and why?
Some people (+OP for one day) who usually post in the Media Create Threads. They have a history of being hostile to members who aren't that versed in sales numbers or have different opinion about it than the majority in the thread.
For me personally it always seemed harmless trolling, but I understand that this behavior is not welcome on this site, because it makes a thread really unwelcome.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I keep forgetting about Age of Calamity DLC wave 2
Yeah, I still need to dig into the first one for that matter
Yup even last year during covid it happened

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm torn on Project Triangle Strategy's name. On one hand, the current one is stupid and also noted a "project name", yet there's always a fear of SQEX coming with an even more stupid sounding name.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
Absolutely agree.

It's in the MC thread. You can check the last, like, five pages-ish of it if you want, but tbh you'll probably have a nicer day without a recap.

Some people (+OP for one day) who usually post in the Media Create Threads. They have a history of being hostile to members who aren't that versed in sales numbers or have different opinion about it than the majority in the thread.
For me personally it always seemed harmless trolling, but I understand that this behavior is not welcome on this site, because it makes a thread really unwelcome.

And that's good enough of a recap for me.

We really need to remember that this place isn't real life. Taking a break is a good thing.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I'm torn on Project Triangle Strategy's name. On one hand, the current one is stupid and also noted a "project name", yet there's always a fear of SQEX coming with an even more stupid sounding name.
I mean to be fair, Project Octopath Traveler eventually just became Octopath Traveler, so there is precedent for them not giving a shit name wise lol

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I mean to be fair, Project Octopath Traveler eventually just became Octopath Traveler, so there is precedent for them not giving a shit name wise lol

One could argue that dropping the "Project" from the title made it sound worse, because prior you could always say "It's a project name, they always sound stupid!". ^^

Jan 26, 2019
"Triangle Strategy" might really just end up being the final name tbh. It's not the best but it's also not the worst so go ahead, I guess?

"November 2021" according to their roadmap.

edit:

We never got any info on the new stages and character(s) in DLC 2, did we? (Unless I'm just missing all the info rn) They'd have to communicate that to us some time before November. 😏

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Thursday would not be a good Direct day for me because it would presumably be 11pm BST and I'm out early and doing a lot of teaching this Friday. Please take my specific schedule into account, enormous corporation.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Thursday would not be a good Direct day for me because it would presumably be 11pm BST and I'm out early and doing a lot of teaching this Friday. Please take my specific schedule into account, enormous corporation.
It should be at 6pm cest. I have no problem with the rest of the world suffer from bad Direct times.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We never got any info on the new stages and character(s) in DLC 2, did we? (Unless I'm just missing all the info rn) They'd have to communicate that to us some time before November. 😏

I think this is pretty much all we know about DLC2 so far and the reason why I haven't bought it. DLC1 looked fine but not compelling enough for me to go back to the game.

Jan 26, 2019
I think this is pretty much all we know about DLC2 so far and the reason why I haven't bought it. DLC1 looked fine but not compelling enough for me to go back to the game.
Tbh I enjoyed the game a lot, but at the same time I felt like I was done with it before DLC was announced. It's probably the musou game I have spent far the most time on, without the DLC. I don't think I'll be redownloading it for the second DLC unless there is a humongous bunny they are about to draw out of the hat, and I would be surprised if there was.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I've been reading MC threads for years and never felt they were unwelcoming. 90% of the time that someone receives an agressive response it's for straight-up trolling or posting hot takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.