• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What announcement would be the most exciting to you in a September Direct?

• NSO Expansion

Votes: 257 19.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 338 25.0%
  • GTA Collection

Votes: 74 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 62 4.6%
  • Final Smash Character

Votes: 95 7.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

Votes: 441 32.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering why people said that the direct had to happen thus week or last week so I figured tgs was starting a y day now, googled it and tgs doesn't even start until the 30th, Nintendo literally has the whole month to show a direct, they can even skip next week if they want

Would they really do it on the 29th, giving KT less than a day to actually market/discuss the game before TGS starts?

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
shopping.png

shamelessly stolen

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Managed to preorder a switch oled from amazon UK. Anyone have experience ordering from amazon uk to US? Do you pay custom fees once the item gets here or is it all paid for when you order the item?

Amazon typically includes custom fees in what they charge you, it probably said specifically on the price breakdown some portion was for the customs.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously they wouldnt but they still have a whole 2 days before it even is the 29th, they have time is what I'm saying

While "patterns" are obviously not rules and can be dropped at any time, I think the pattern of general Directs being only on Wednesdays and Thursdays has to do with the amount of media coverage they get in those days at the middle of the week. Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays don't get general Directs because there's too much information conveyed that would slip through the cracks and go unnoticed.

THINKING ABOUT SAYING SOMETHING EXTREMELY CONTROVERSIAL

SHOULD I SAY IT YES/NO

YES

OP
OP
hologram

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Assuming I took this the correct way, Nah, I fundamentally disagree with this.

I'm extremely glad Nintendo routinely puts out smaller scale games and does

Sony cutting everything but their biggest games from their lineup is exactly what drove me away from their first party offerings in the first place.

You don't get to last going on forty years in the industry without being an "A+ student".
I don't think that's what Nate means. He's talking about them happily doing the bare minimum for things like online services. I really don't think Nate is a proponent of "get rid of everything but AAA games", lol
|OT27| OT26 Could Be That A+ Student; It's Okay With a B
Whose thread are you calling a B student?
Popeye's is your argument against Subway?

that's uh… a bold strategy

IKEA is the only fast food chain worth talking about tbh
IKEA is delicious, but Popeyes is also pretty delicious
THINKING ABOUT SAYING SOMETHING EXTREMELY CONTROVERSIAL

SHOULD I SAY IT YES/NO
If it's about Subway, no. Otherwise, yes!

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017

If it's about Subway, no. Otherwise, yes!

As long as it doesn't involve Xenoblade Chronicles 2, you should be good.

OKAY I'M GONNA SAY IT EVEN THOUGH IT MIGHT GET ME IN TROUBLE

I think Thugstas was right all along

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
OKAY I'M GONNA SAY IT EVEN THOUGH IT MIGHT GET ME IN TROUBLE

I think Thugstas was right all along
I mean, wasn't Thugstas main thing a timeframe?

Which was likely, completely and utterly incorrect. And current rumors seem like we'll be getting much less than what he suggested with regards to NSO

Jul 18, 2018
North Carolina
Had a pretty good run right after posting. Got to hades but only had one death defiance left. Still I can see that it could be done. I thought I'd played longer but my switch profile only showed 20+ hours.

Just had my first successful escape. Should have known as soon as I started to doubt that it would ever happen, it would. Attempt #56. Maybe I'll pick up Warioware to play before Dread because (light hades spoilers) I don't know if I want to do this 9 more times to get the "true" ending

Status
Not open for further replies.