• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What announcement would be the most exciting to you in a September Direct?

• NSO Expansion

Votes: 257 19.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 338 25.0%
  • GTA Collection

Votes: 74 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 62 4.6%
  • Final Smash Character

Votes: 95 7.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

Votes: 441 32.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
Blue Dragon 2 UE5

y1Nz2XjR.png
Two blue dragons.... Maybe more

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was a weird era for JRPGs tbh. Most of the cool stuff was happening on handhelds and the more interesting games on consoles (The Last Remnant, Resonance of Fate etc.) got lambasted or straight up ignored.

It was a great era for JRPGs(and games in general).

There was very weird narrative around Japanese devs vs Western devs, and JP devs "westernising" their games.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Direct has to be either this or next week. It can't be in the week of TGS. That would give third party developers zero time to schedule announced games. The Japanese holiday next week does not matter if they announce the direct on a earlier day. Just like the direct doesn't have to be on a Wednesday. Even last year we had multiple smaller directs and a Mario direct. Would be really strange if there wasn't one this year

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
The Direct could be next week and timed to avoid the holiday in Japan. It could be the following week and it's not as tied to TGS stuff as we thought. It could be a Mini which drops today.

Who knows? There isn't anything to do other than see what happens.
Which days next week are possible for the Direct in both the U.S. and Japan?

DAMN I got so hyped for a second

Beat me to posting this meme lmao

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It's not happening today or tomorrow. I'm betting either today or tomorrow we're getting previews for Dread, I doubt they'll do a Direct or mini so close to that considering how much they're marketing Dread specifically.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Are we still expecting a direct announcement in 19 minutes?
I'm unsure because of timezones and daylight savings, but isn't it 1 hour and116 minutes now?
I don't care. I'm just so hyped.

HNNNG
Yeah, me too, especially after the last few trailers.
I was hyped before but the gameplay, abilities and spoilers in those really sold me on it, even if it would probably be cooler seeing them ingame for the first time.
I don't think I'm strong enough to go radio silent like you.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Direct has to be either this or next week. It can't be in the week of TGS. That would give third party developers zero time to schedule announced games. The Japanese holiday next week does not matter if they announce the direct on a earlier day. Just like the direct doesn't have to be on a Wednesday. Even last year we had multiple smaller directs and a Mario direct. Would be really strange if there wasn't one this year

October 7th is close enough to September I'd be willing to allow it

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This will end in a whack-ass mini/partner direct, won't it?

I swear, this company sometimes...

ry24y.jpg

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Read the Oatmeal Dome 13.0.0 datamine.

SBC codec, even if your AirPods or any headset use a better AAC or AptX it will default to the lower quality SBC.

Really hope they can improve this in the future Switch Succ.

Has anyone been able to better explain the purpose of updating the dock outside of it being limited to use with the OLED Switch? I really hope this means that it is more of a substantial upgrade than is being let on with HDMI 2.0 and some eventual streaming apps THAT WOULD BE GREAT TO ANNOUNCE IN A DIRECT, NINTENDO.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
No tweet yet?

They really are going to tweet at the right time with the wrong thing, aren't they?

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I'm definitely expecting something today.

Nate's new podcast. In the next few minutes on Spotify, at 10am EST on YouTube.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I highly doubt Nintendo will drop previews for Super Monkey Ball and Dread today. I have no idea when we'll be seeing previews for the latter. Has there ever been a case where Nintendo drops previews for two separate games on two different days of the same week (i.e. today and tomorrow)?

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
I highly doubt Nintendo will drop previews for Super Monkey Ball and Dread today. I have no idea when we'll be seeing previews for the latter. Has there ever been a case where Nintendo drops previews for two separate games on two different days of the same week (i.e. today and tomorrow)?
Super Monkey Ball is Sega's game, though? Unless I misunderstand the issue.

OP
OP
hologram

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Read the Oatmeal Dome 13.0.0 datamine.

SBC codec, even if your AirPods or any headset use a better AAC or AptX it will default to the lower quality SBC.

Really hope they can improve this in the future Switch Succ.

Has anyone been able to better explain the purpose of updating the dock outside of it being limited to use with the OLED Switch? I really hope this means that it is more of a substantial upgrade than is being let on with HDMI 2.0 and some eventual streaming apps THAT WOULD BE GREAT TO ANNOUNCE IN A DIRECT, NINTENDO.
To be honest, most people will not be able to tell the difference between SBC and higher quality codecs. Moreover, apparently outside of Apple devices AAC doesn't really provide much improvement, so what would they use?

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Super Monkey Ball is Sega's game, though? Unless I misunderstand the issue.
Oh yeah, I'm not trying to imply that they're both first party titles or anything. Just that I feel like competing for mindshare would be difficult for Super Monkey Ball if it's dropping previews alongside Dread.

On a positive note, my buddy is traveling up to my area this weekend with his 3DS and Samus Returns so I can borrow it and experience it for the first time before Fusion and Dread. Can't wait to knock out 3 Metroid games within the next 1.5 months haha

Gamer_Gian

Feb 9, 2020
I feel like even this year we saw a embargos lift for multiple games on the same day, can't think of any specific examples tho, but ik TGAA was a part of one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.