• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What announcement would be the most exciting to you in a September Direct?

• NSO Expansion

Votes: 257 19.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 338 25.0%
  • GTA Collection

Votes: 74 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 62 4.6%
  • Final Smash Character

Votes: 95 7.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

Votes: 441 32.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Forget trends. Next Direct will happen when it happens.

Everybody, go play Eastward, Toem, Crus'n Blast, Pokemon Unite, Psychonauts 2, Deathloop, Tales of Arise etc. while you wait.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Forget trends. Next Direct will happen when it happens.

Everybody, go play Eastward, Toem, Crus'n Blast, Pokemon Unite, Psychonauts 2, Deathloop, etc. while you wait.
Can't believe Microsoft just released 2 GOTY contenders on other platforms smh my head

Lol but really, having to wait for Deathloop bc my solid PC can't run it is a mega bummer

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Ok guys, what's the word on the streets, Direct when?

Not that i need one at the moment, after a drought of months and months finally some Playstation games that interest me have been released (and Kena is next week), but I do remember there was a rumor or something?

I need that Xenoblade 3 announcement, please Nintendo.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Lol but really, having to wait for Deathloop bc my solid PC can't run it is a mega bummer

I'm getting better at not fussing when I can't play all of the best new titles. Deathloop 14 September 2022 here I come.

It's going to be especially necessary next year when Forespoken and God of War release and I still don't have a PS5

Can't believe Microsoft just released 2 GOTY contenders on other platforms smh my head

Pyschonauts 2 isn't a big deal as it still launched Day 1 on Game Pass, but I'm sure Deathloop feels like a missed opportunity for Microsoft. Sony certainly came into this generation swinging, 1-2 year exclusivity deals all over the place.

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
SIS8HgJ.jpg

tIzygJq.jpeg

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I looked up Directs. So they're basically State of Plays, but Nintendo

damn it nintendo be more original!

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I think we're definitely prematurely writing off September when nothing indicates that there won't be one this month. But there is a definite possibility that we need to be prepared for that there won't be/ I'm 50/50 on it for now

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Just like Psychonauts not being on GabeCube was uunexplainable, Psychonauts 2 not being on Switch is super baffling as well. Tim Schafer listed Earthbound and Windwaker as two of the influences of the first game yet no Nintendo appearance. Craig Harris of IGN asked about the GCN situation back then but didn't get any response from Majesco.

Do the right thing, Microsoft. Give us Raz reading minds on Switch.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Just like Psychonauts not being on GabeCube was uunexplainable, Psychonauts 2 not being on Switch is super baffling as well. Tim Schafer listed Earthbound and Windwaker as two of the influences of the first game yet no Nintendo appearance. Craig Harris of IGN asked about the GCN situation back then but didn't get any response from Majesco.

Do the right thing, Microsoft. Give us Raz reading minds on Switch.

It's not baffling at all lmfao. The game was never promised for Switch, unlike PS4, which is the only reason Microsoft published it there after Double Fine got bought out. Keep in mind that Pyschonauts 2 was funded way before the Switch even came out.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
It's not baffling at all lmfao. The game was never promised for Switch, unlike PS4, which is the only reason Microsoft published it there after Double Fine got bought out. Keep in mind that Pyschonauts 2 was funded way before the Switch even came out.
The baffling part is Tim Schafer is a big Nintendo fan but unable to do anything to bring his game to Switch. Switch already has few of his games including the latest one: R.A.D.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
The baffling part is Tim Schafer is a big Nintendo fan but unable to do anything to bring his game to Switch. Switch already has few of his games including the latest one: R.A.D.
I think every company and high level industry person always say stuff like that. "We love Nintendo. We are inspired by them". But then they don't touch the console. It's basically paying respect to the OG, while they leave them in the retirement home.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I don't think Psychonauts 2 is an impossibility on the future; seems one of those cases Microsoft would mandate a port for Switch just because the audience feels right;

Though I thought the same for Battletoads and I am still waiting ;/

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Psychonauts 2 is an impossibility on the future; seems one of those cases Microsoft would mandate a port for Switch just because the audience feels right;

Though I thought the same for Battletoads and I am still waiting ;/
Don't forget, MS don't port the games for the studios, they just allow them to do the port to the system of choosing. There's still time for Battletoads I think, the game just had its first birthday.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
I didn't want a Direct because we already have a lot of announced games between now and 2022, but I really want to see XC3 now.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
They'll have something to announce Q1 games. They won't wait until after Arceus releases to announce February and March games.

Logically I think we should still be getting something this month. It would be weird for them not to use the TGS period for marketing. Just when and in what form who knows.

Maybe a mini tomorrow, that'd be swell.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Is it actually possible for it to be on the 29th? It'd be one day before TGS, so it would be cutting it to the last minute

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Don't forget, MS don't port the games for the studios, they just allow them to do the port to the system of choosing. There's still time for Battletoads I think, the game just had its first birthday.
Of course, but I thought they'd at least encourage their studios to bring certain games to Switch; either way.. I'm almost loosing hope on some toad action ;T

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Man, you sounded pretty sure. That's disappointing
I had heard there would be a Sept presentation but never a time window. With the latter half of the month having Japanese holidays & such, it seemed logical to anticipate the first two half of the month.

But phrasing was poor on my part.

I have info that suggests nothing for this week.

You've heard about Game Boy on NSO though, right? (Just double checking)
Yes.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm absolutely sorted all the way through January. Super Monkey Ball, Metroid, BDSP, and Arceus, with maybes on Mario Party and Advance Wars. And there's always my massive backlog!

but also I would like a direct please

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Is it actually possible for it to be on the 29th? It'd be one day before TGS, so it would be cutting it to the last minute

In the hypothetical case where they announce a game by a Japanese publisher that is then shown again at TGS, one day's notice feels way to short of a time period to market that said game will be there.

But who knows, that's not based on anything concrete, just a feeling.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I had heard there would be a Sept presentation but never a time window. With the latter half of the month having Japanese holidays & such, it seemed logical to anticipate the first two half of the month.

Yes.
Has that info that suggests a presentation in September generally changed or is that still the same as it was?

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018

Yes.
Thanks for the clarification! I appreciate at least knowing what's speculation and what's based on knowledge, it helps with le despair

Back to MonHun

oracion

Jan 7, 2018
Tokyo

Yes.
Do you still think there will be a presentation in September?

brykuhn91

Oct 27, 2017
So I know most don't believe we will be seeing BotW 2 in the next direct. When do you think we see the game again? Game awards/E3 2022?

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I want to get Eastward with the sweet sweet eShop credit I have, but I know the moment I do, Sports Story will shadowdrop at that exact moment.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oled Switch looks good, but it's still no Gen 1 Vita. but I think Nintendo would have to make a fully integrated system for that

ps-vita-wifi-pch-1003.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.