• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What announcement would be the most exciting to you in a September Direct?

• NSO Expansion

Votes: 257 19.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 338 25.0%
  • GTA Collection

Votes: 74 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 62 4.6%
  • Final Smash Character

Votes: 95 7.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

Votes: 441 32.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking a bit more about it, and considering how no other Nintendo social media channel has acknowledged the new Tetris 99 Maximus Cup (nothing on other branches' YouTube channel, nothing on Twitter at all), I believe there's a strong possibility the YouTube upload was mistakenly scheduled 12 hours early. IMHO it was going to be posted at 18:00 PST / 21:00 EST / 03:00 CEST / 10:00 JST, which is the typical announcement time for this kind of updates. I'll try to go a bit more in detail later though, since the announcement day may still be a hint. Maybe.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Yeah, sure it does bud. Whatever you say.
counterpoint
4Yuo2h0.gif

I was half joking about the other stuff but like, c'mon

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
The few replies I've gotten makes me want to do a Espeon or Umbreon thread.

but im Afraid Espeon will lose 😭

Umbreon is awesome tho.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade as a whole looks like shit cause one the Blades has huge breasts? Elaborate mate.
"one [of] the Blades" lmaooooooo did you even play the game fam?? Come on if you're going to actually defend xenoblade, at least have played the game

most of the blades are literally over-sexualized women with cartoonishly fanservice-focused designs. IMO it's frankly embarrassing

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017

Actually a pretty strong sign of the direct being this week. Tetris 99 announcements typically happen on Wednesday 10 AM JST (same time the in-game Smash events are revealed every week), yet they've gotten this one out of the way early. Perhaps because by that time a Direct will have been announced for the following day, and they don't want any other announcements to distract from it?

This isn't really related, but some of the songs in the WarioWare soundtrack really give me huge TTYD vibes.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I hope Dread really knocks it out of the park.

Out of curiosity, I looked through the top 100 Switch games on MC - and removing a couple of remasters/ports, the only new game to crack that list post-2019 from Nintendo is Animal Crossing (unless I missed something!).

Third parties have done the business though.

Heat

Banned
Sep 3, 2021
User banned (permanent): misogynistic trolling, account in junior phase
"one [of] the Blades" lmaooooooo did you even play the game fam?? Come on if you're going to actually defend xenoblade, at least have played the game

I've put 280 hours into it. Are you afraid of breasts? Did you only realise recently that females do in fact have breasts, and in varying sizes?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really hoping that Xenoblade 3 has a lot of giant anime boobies.

BlueBooby2.jpg

I mean, they make any game better.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Yeah, sure it does bud. Whatever you say. Still one if not the most detailed game on Switch
I know you probably don't know me since I've been banned for the past month but Xenoblade 2 is my favorite game on the Switch bar none and I've put over 600 hours in it completing NG+ to 100%

I think I've more than earned whatever opinion I have of the game

Jan 26, 2019
You know, it is possible to love a video game (series) but still take issues with parts of it. I love Xenoblade Chronicles but XBC2 had major issues with misogynistic sexualisation of women.

The few replies I've gotten makes me want to do a Espeon or Umbreon thread.

but im Afraid Espeon will lose 😭

Umbreon is awesome tho.

I'm with you on this. Umbreon is brilliant but I like Espeon.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
So I have to have the same opinions as you and everyone else or I'm banned? Is that what you're trying to imply?
No, absolutely not. But dismissing/trivializing valid criticism of character designs for being over-sexualized CAN get you a ban because it's morally gross. It's fine if you like the game, plenty of people here do. But to write off the criticisms as "WHAT, DONCHA LIKE BOOBS???" is just embarrassing.

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
I've finished Xenoblade 1 last week and, as times passes by, it's quietly becoming one of my favorite games ever, the more i think about it. It's a pity Xenoblade 2 isn't going the same way for me. But i trust Monolithsoft and i'm eager to see what are they planning to do next.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, I'm about as confident in this week as I was in last week.

Not sure if that's a good sign or not.

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
I think Xenoblade looks fantastic and has three of the best-looking Switch games. Well, docked, anyways. But the character design in 2... could be better, to understate it.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, what were we talking about? WarioWare rules. I'm so glad they made a new one. Hope this means a new Rhythm Heaven isn't far off! I find WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven tend to go pretty hand-in-hand

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Anyway, what were we talking about? WarioWare rules. I'm so glad they made a new one. Hope this means a new Rhythm Heaven isn't far off! I find WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven tend to go pretty hand-in-hand
This is my first WarioWare and I am addicted lol

As soon as I saw the enormous Missions lists I knew it was over

Status
Not open for further replies.