• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What announcement would be the most exciting to you in a September Direct?

• NSO Expansion

Votes: 257 19.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 338 25.0%
  • GTA Collection

Votes: 74 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 62 4.6%
  • Final Smash Character

Votes: 95 7.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

Votes: 441 32.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
So are we fairly confident in this week? I'd appreciate some hints or reassurance to solidify it
I would have placed money it was going to happen last week based on history, but when Sony announced their showcase for last week, and Nintendo liking to be last, I figured it would get pushed into this week. Really nothing stopping Nintendo from doing it this week now.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
WarioWare microgame spoilers...

I decided to look for the in-game location of the Breath of the Wild WarioWare microgame and... I found it!

I'll upload pics shortly.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
nintendo didn't delay for sony, that makes no sense

hell I'd say it's more likely they have their own marketing insider who told them about the sony thing

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
This thread will be about to pick up some steammmm.
Nate podcast soon, then just usual direct hype. No one started to hype this week yet but i feel like it will be this week.

oldpuck

Jul 5, 2021
It is a shame that Nintendo aren't making any pixel based games any more. I think some of the 2D perspective games they've done on Switch look excellent, whether they're using 3D rendering, like Dread, 2D, like BoxBoy, or a mix, like WarioWare.

But they made some superb pixel visual games back in the day, on GBA especially (Wario Land 4, Mother 3, Advance Wars and so on).

I've heard Tezuka has stated that pixel art is actually slower than 3D art, just because they don't have the pixel art talent anymore. It was, apparently, one of the challenges of Mario Maker, with Tezuka (who did the sprites for the early Mario games) essentially having to teach the artists.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Okay, took some pictures of the in-game location.

VSKurWs.jpg
Pic from the microgame

rWA1BcM.jpg

Shot I took after finding the location

oZDnn6S.jpg

And here's the location on the map if anybody else wants to take some better pics

edit: took out spoiler tags cuz yolo

Last edited:

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If we don't get any Bayo 3 news this year, I'll follow their advice and forget about it. Pretend it was never even announced in the first place.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

pMHvPiZ.jpg
Pic from the microgame
kvCr4kY.jpg

2b4GB8B.jpg

Oh how I wish I could export this

zzbOd1u.jpg

And here's the location on the map if anybody else wants to take some better pics
Switch version of BotW vs PS5 version

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If we don't get any Bayo 3 news this year, I'll follow their advice and forget about it. Pretend it was never even announced in the first place.

Want to make a "guy wakes up from coma" meme with someone who went into a coma in 2018 and is eager to catch up on all the Switch game they missed like Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I've heard Tezuka has stated that pixel art is actually slower than 3D art, just because they don't have the pixel art talent anymore. It was, apparently, one of the challenges of Mario Maker, with Tezuka (who did the sprites for the early Mario games) essentially having to teach the artists.
I wondered if there might be a generational aspect at play. The staff who regularly used to do that stuff have moved up into more senior, less hands on positions or retired or moved on.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I miraculously got work off Wednesday after having it that day for the past four weeks, the direct HAS to be that day now. I've never missed a single one live since 2013 :^)

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Decisions decisions... do I start another run of Crystal within the week, or do I wait to see if it comes to a theoretical GameBoyColor Online service? Hmm...

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Decisions decisions... do I start another run of Crystal within the week, or do I wait to see if it comes to a theoretical GameBoyColor Online service? Hmm...
Start a run of Crystal

It's 50/50 that GB is actually coming to NSO this week
It's even more unlikely that Pokemon games are coming
It's even MORE unlikely Crystal itself would be one of them

I would like more than anything to be wrong about this though. Please let me be wrong

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is bayo in smash just reusing voice clips?

pMHvPiZ.jpg
Pic from the microgame

rWA1BcM.jpg

2b4GB8B.jpg

Oh how I wish I could export this

zzbOd1u.jpg

edit: took out spoiler tags cuz yolo

Imgur error image is my favourite BOTW location

(What was this post actually about?, haha)

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Curating my backlog and in my immediate one there's 14 games and DLC I intend to play in this phase which includes 3 upcoming games - Dread, Eastward, NNK2, - and according to Howlongtobeat.com without Dread and Eastward that's 223.5 hours so I'm pretty set until some time next year :P

With that said, out of those 223.5 hours 3 games account for 60% of that time and Great Ace clocks in at 70 hours - that's nuts. Is that really the case? I havnt played a game that long since... 2017 or so I guess.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Started Ys IX now, and got to an area with bird enemies and they're really annoying because the camera really isn't good with different heights.

indospot

Jan 13, 2021
I'm having a very relaxing Sunday. I started out on Super Mario Advance 4 but I'm too lazy to do anything after I cleaned my room and went on a bike ride lol. After I finish that I think I'm going to buy 3D Classics Kid Icarus on my 3DS.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
Used my Switch for the first time in a while, noticed that the eShop feels a bit smoother, especially the transition going from the left menu to the list of games on the right isn't as laggy as it used to be, so that's nice. Maybe it's been improved for a long while, but it was new to me!

Sep 15, 2020
If there is a direct this week, I really hope they show more footage of Mario Party Superstars. People on the respective subreddit are going crazy about the lack of news, analyzing each preorder media and such, really fascinating lol. Picking Panic from MP3 and Shell Shocked from MP2 have been spotted from said promotional materials.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
As I previously said, when a pattern holds for so long that everyone assumes it's gonna happen again for sure, you're basically dooming it to break the streak. October Direct incoming.
I hope not tho

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I want Pikmin 4 and a Nintendoland remake/sequel. I unironically loved that game and in particular the Donkey Kong tilty maze game.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm reading the Wikipedia list right, Nintendo had a general direct in August, October and December of 2013 lmao

God damn we were spoiled

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the lack of Japanese announcements recently, especially the complete absence at the PlayStation showcase I'd be surprised at the lack of a Direct before TGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.