• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What announcement would be the most exciting to you in a September Direct?

• NSO Expansion

Votes: 257 19.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 338 25.0%
  • GTA Collection

Votes: 74 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 62 4.6%
  • Final Smash Character

Votes: 95 7.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

Votes: 441 32.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2019
I'd argue there's so much smoke that i'm about to call the police because, sir, this is an smoke-free establishment.
To which I would reply that I have not yet recovered from all the EU/EEA anti-smoking-inside regulations. I in fact would like the establishments to be less smoke-free. Which might explain my wavering hopes for a Direct.

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
My sources have confirmed that we will be getting Virtual Boy on NSO. The day 1 lineup is everything except for Wario Land.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Got my first job post-university, yay
Starting wednesday.
Fantastic! Congratulations.
Nate said at Spawncast that he will be revealing what other platforms will come to NSO early this week. So are we expecting that today or tomorrow?
My suspicious groundless suspicion is that Nate and MVG already confirmed which other systems are coming in their *cough* "highly speculative" podcast chat about the idea GB/GBC games could come to NSO. They went through great lengths to dismiss N64 and GBA as potential additions but did float PC Engine and Game & Watch.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Nate expects a direct in the next 2 weeks and the NSO update is supposedly soon. I think there is enough smoke right now

Did he specify 2-weeks as a time frame elsewhere (such as Twitter and / or SpawnCast) or is this an extrapolation based on his "soon-ish" from last Tuesday? Honest question, I may've missed it.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
To which I would reply that I have not yet recovered from all the EU/EEA anti-smoking-inside regulations. I in fact would like the establishments to be less smoke-free. Which might explain my wavering hopes for a Direct.

Nah, sorry. I'm all for clean air with the only thing disturbing my nose is how the people around me smell. ;]

My sources have confirmed that we will be getting Virtual Boy on NSO. The day 1 lineup is everything except for Wario Land.

MisterSpo in shambles.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Did he specify 2-weeks as a time frame elsewhere (such as Twitter and / or SpawnCast) or is this an extrapolation based on his "soon-ish" from last Tuesday? Honest question, I may've missed it.
It was in the most recent Spawn cast. Nate said it's going to be in the next 2 weeks. Sooner than later. I don't know the exact time stamp but it was in the NSO part of the episode

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Sitting around, waiting for either a Direct to happen or Metroid Dread to finally release (lol) sucks.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I've been sober since I was 22 but I still miss the time when pubs, clubs and late night food places smelled nicely of tobacco instead of sweat, cheap cologne, adolescent hormones and sick.

My solution for this is sadly rather specific: I'm 37, married, with 3 kids and a job. I haven't seen a pub / club or similar in ages and won't for a very long time. ;]

I'm one step ahead already! ;D
Only need to take it to the Deutsche Post now, haha.

Aha! I'm 1upping you now, because the Mrs. and i already sent it last week! ;D

Jul 18, 2018
North Carolina
Fantastic! Congratulations.

My suspicious groundless suspicion is that Nate and MVG already confirmed which other systems are coming in their *cough* "highly speculative" podcast chat about the idea GB/GBC games could come to NSO. They went through great lengths to dismiss N64 and GBA as potential additions but did float PC Engine and Game & Watch.

PCE/TG16 is definitely possible from a technical and licensing standpoint. It would be nice to have, but is that the type of thing that would increase NSO subscriptions or renewals? I suppose Nintendo knows how well those games sold on VC. I also wonder about Neo Geo, but isnt most of that library is in Arcade Archives ?

They'd certainly do Game Boy first though. It's got mainstream appeal and there's something beloved to everyone.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Just finished Skyward Sword for the first time. Took me 35 hours including all of the side quests. Without a doubt it's a good game. I really enjoyed the dungeons especially with the time shift stones, so freaking clever and amazing. Also the soundtrack is amazing too.

Combat was okayish but I got used to it in handheld mode. That 60fps is really nice along with the game being nice and sharp in handheld mode.

Just got back to MH Rise, found 20+ quests to do and boy...I'm still used to Skyward camera controls lmao.

On a separate note, I honestly think we will be getting a Direct this week. Most likely for Wednesday with the announcement tomorrow.

I'm ready to see Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and how I'm going to anticipate handheld footage which we never get until review day lol.

Jan 26, 2019
My solution for this is sadly rather specific: I'm 37, married, with 3 kids and a job. I haven't seen a pub / club or similar in ages and won't for a very long time. ;]
I mean... I'm sober and married with a kid and a career but I also have not grown up or matured from late nights out with friends and/or falafel runs so I need a better solution. Like allowing inside smoking again.

Oh, that's right - I had forgotten she was going sayonara on you guys. First Dark Cloud got banned and now this. End of a fucking era if there ever was one.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so ready for kinooo. Oregano
Do we think they'll get to 24 fps?!

Depends. I have a specific mindset, and it's probably wrong but hey: Monolithsoft would actually try to get performance up to the notch this time. If they have middling performance again, i'm sure they had the ok from Nintendo HQ to develop the game with Dane in mind and just have the base Switch "run" the game somehow.

I mean... I'm sober and married with a kid and a career but I also have not grown up or matured from late nights out with friends and/or falafel runs so I need a better solution. Like allowing inside smoking again.

Oh, that's right - I had forgotten she was going sayonara on you guys. First Dark Cloud got banned and now this. End of a fucking era if there ever was one.

First Sentence: Well, we recently had a bachelors party for one of my eldest friends (same age) and we went to play Lasertag! We were so wasted and tired afterwards that we went to his home and just started up his gas-bbq-grill. ^^

Second sentence: Thank god, 16 years of standstill are over.

SirShorse

Jul 16, 2020
I dreamt last night that Nintendo shadowdropped the Direct in the middle of the night. It was a full on General Direct, and everyone was talking about it but I couldn't find out details and I legit was so convinced of it when I woke up that I just got on my computer and started searching for it and did so for about half an hour before realising I dreamt it.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I dreamt last night that Nintendo shadowdropped the Direct in the middle of the night. It was a full on General Direct, and everyone was talking about it but I couldn't find out details and I legit was so convinced of it when I woke up that I just got on my computer and started searching for it and did so for about half an hour before realising I dreamt it.

yes this is a call for help

This is your brain on NintendoEra.

Perfect-Scrambled-Eggs-2.jpg

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017

Interesting poll from Mochi.

I fit in the camp where this is a home console with some portable capabilities. It's everything the PSP wished it could have been. I honestly prefer playing it on a TV when I have the chance, and honestly most multiplatforms too if only for convenience sake to have that option of portability despite better fidelity on literally any other console/PC.

Sign me up for team C.R.E.A.M

WU TANG AIN'T NOTHIN TO FUCK WIT

Welcome aboard!

Jan 26, 2019
Iirc she's a PC only gamer
PC as in "Politely-dressed Christian-democrats"?

First Sentence: Well, we recently had a bachelors party for one of my eldest friends (same age) and we went to play Lasertag! We were so wasted and tired afterwards that we went to his home and just started up his gas-bbq-grill. ^^

Second sentence: Thank god, 16 years of standstill are over.
A) That sounds awesome.
B) I've not followed German politics since I left my party here (I did follow them somewhat because we were affiliated with Die Linke through GUE/NGL) but isn't like... the only visible alternative right now to CDU/CSU + SPD something that includes AfD to some extent?

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
I played Pac Man 99 for the first time since I hadn't bought a Switch Online month in a while. Very fun and I ended third in my seventh try or so but it's weird how like 30 players lose in the first 10 seconds or so. Not sure if those are bots or what.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
Several of the people corroborating Game Boy on NSO were saying as recently as July that they hadn't heard of any NSO updates on the horizon, so I really wouldn't take anything as "deconfirmation" of N64 or another future console just because they don't know about it.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, a fellow 84er! Mine is very similar setting, 37, married, busy job but instead of 3 kids I have 3 pets, two dogs and a cat. Can't have children due to biological reasons but planning to adopt one when I'm over 50.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Also, even if I'm a bit late...congratulations :D

Congrats @MaitreWakou !
Thanks !
Congrats! Hopefully it involves foxes moving on a predetermined path.
Thanks ! Not this time, though now that I think about it, part of it involves some sin & punishment, somehow... (Work at a school)
So that's even better !

Status
Not open for further replies.