• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What announcement would be the most exciting to you in a September Direct?

• NSO Expansion

Votes: 257 19.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 338 25.0%
  • GTA Collection

Votes: 74 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 62 4.6%
  • Final Smash Character

Votes: 95 7.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

Votes: 441 32.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
can u imagine them having a monkey ball trailer in a direct AGAIN??? They wouldn't put it in two directs in a row. If anyhting I think this EXACTLY confirms a Direct for THIS wednesday.

How can they have a Direct this Wednesday when they're having a Direct this Thursday? That would be weird.

I'm hoping for a solid update on Project Triangle Strategy.

Ideally including a better title.

Rectangle Tactics would suffice.

prizna

Jan 15, 2018
Just watched the podcast, I feel like if Nintendo were to add Gameboy to NSO it would be all Gameboy together, GB/GBC/GBA that way they have a huge amount to release from and can release a few from each GB at a time, it avoids the problem of running out of GBA games quickly (which was one of the arguments against releasing GBA to NSO) when they can release 1 GBA game along with a couple of GB and GBC when they release new games, instead of having to release a bunch of GBA games at a time.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I feel like considering the pattern of Smash Reveals/Releases - September/October release for the final charcter makes the most sense unless the charcter is REALLY complex that they would need 3-4 months of extra time and even then it's doubtful

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
Hello, it's me, Douglas Bowser. The president of Nintendo. I'm going to answer all of these questions for you right now.

- EPD 9 is working on ARMS 2 but because ARMS 1 didn't sell great we are going to make ARMS 2 a Nintendo Crossover Fighting game. Instead of characters like Min-Min and Twintelle it will be Marth and Byleth. Actually it's all fire emblems
- EPD 8 is making Captain Toad 2: Donkey Kong's Revenge. Captain toad steals Donkey Kong's golden banana and Donkey Kong attempts to murder the small mushroom boy.
- Due to current events we will have permanently cancelled any video games featuring any "holy wars"
- Bayonetta 3 is doing well. Bill Trinen already said this, please pay attention. Expect it in 2026.
- The plan for Animal Crossing is to continue making a lot of money from it and muting people on twitter who @ us about it.
- Splatoon 3 is coming in Summer 2022. You'll only be able to play it between the hours of 4 and 6 PM on wednesdays.
- Kirby is dead

thanks for understanding

Don't do this to me, Doug

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like considering the pattern of Smash Reveals/Releases - September/October release for the final charcter makes the most sense unless the charcter is REALLY complex that they would need 3-4 months of extra time and even then it's doubtful
The final character pack is gonna be Kazuma Kiryu AND Goro Majima, two separate characters, two new stages (Tenkaichi Street AND Millennium Tower Rooftop). that's gonna take at least 2 extra months

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The final character pack is gonna be Kazuma Kiryu AND Goro Majima, two separate characters, two new stages (Tenkaichi Street AND Millennium Tower Rooftop). that's gonna take at least 2 extra months
Doubt it but that would be neat. I do admit there are charcters i could see potentially taking more time to really get their mechanics right but most of them wouldn't be likely for Smash.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
ctrl + f "persona"

You're dead to me. DEAD.
My brain was stuck on older games, I have officially failed in my Persona evangelizing! Oh no!

I'd take a Persona 3, 4, and 5 port. Throw in 1 and 2 while you're at it, why not! Make it a whole series collection. (Because that's a TOTALLY realistic thing to expect)

More seriously, the first of those "Persona Anniversary" announcements is happening in September, so there's at least an outside chance it's something Switch (but I kind of doubt it)

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
Do people think the stock of the OLED model will be enough for February next year? I'll start working at UMD (Maryland), and I was planning on buying an OLED model here in Chile before I travel, but they are asking for 575,57 USD lol

OP
OP
hologram

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Do people think the stock of the OLED model will be enough for February next year? I'll start working at UMD (Maryland), and I was planning on buying an OLED model here in Chile before I travel, but they are asking for 575,57 USD lol
I think it should be okay, but if you hang around here over the months following its launch we can keep you updated

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
A new system on NSO, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade. I'd be happy with any of these. Most likely Splatoon 3 will be there, too

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I don't think it will be terribly difficult to find early next year, there's not all that much intense hype around it. There might be some stock problems but I bet it'll be findable at MSRP without too much trouble.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
sKBYzfk.png
Bruh

Eternal Darkness 2 is gonna happen

I'm sure of it

Well hopefully.

Maaaaybe?

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Nagoshi to the rest of the board of directors: "you put Kiryu in a fighting game where he hits women I'm fuckin leaving"

Kiryu in smash vote by sega's board:

in favour: 99
opposed: 1

Nagoshi picks up his phone "yeah NetEase? I can start Monday."
Sega: finally we can put Yakuza games on Switch

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Being on the beltway will give you access to so many retailers that I imagine you'll be able to find one with minimal problems.

edit: I guess you could be at one of the other Maryland campuses but I assumed college park. If you are there or the health campus in Baltimore, you will be fine.

Last edited:

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I don't think it will be terribly difficult to find early next year, there's not all that much intense hype around it. There might be some stock problems but I bet it'll be findable at MSRP without too much trouble.

[Hidden content]
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021
I'm kinda hoping the next direct brings what I was expecting at E3. Donkey Kong, Kirby, Fire Emblem and a whole bunch of third party ports. Maybe another reveal?

Swarming1182

Jan 14, 2018
A new Xenoblade game that can actually render at a stable 30 fps at 1080p docked would be cool. 540p on portable is just bad.

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully
I think it should be okay, but if you hang around here over the months following its launch we can keep you updated
Thanks! I'll greatly appreciate

[Hidden content]
Thanks for your kind words. I'm a bit nervous. This will be my first time living abroad, but the place looks nice (even considering how expensive housing is lol)

Being on the beltway will give you access to so many retailers that I imagine you'll be able to find one with minimal problems.

edit: I guess you could be at one of the other Maryland campuses but I assumed college park. If you are there or the health campus in Baltimore, you will be fine.
yeah, I'll work at CP

Deleted member 10121

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 9, 2021
I had completely missed the GBA Castlevania leak. Like I had maybe heard about it, but thought it was just some Reddit rumor rather than the more substantial leak it is.

Oct 26, 2017
Double Dash is the Melee of Mario Kart, change my mind.
I personally adore the fun-ness and spirit of Double Dash, plus it felt the most legit innovative of the series to date. The 2-character karts and the unique special items (and of course double items) was a stroke of genius.

Wii felt like a blander, uglier follow-up with that ugly piss filter and the removal of the double items and special items. Characters became just avatars and little more. The special items gave them legit character and unique strategy. Plus the karts were lots of fun. The bikes were legit neat though but with their wheelie mechanic removed in 8, they sort of became useless IMO.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I hooked up my GameCube this past weekend to play some Pokemon Colosseum on a whim.

I transferred some Pokemon from GameCube to Ruby to HeartGold to Black 2 to Pokemon Bank and finally to Pokemon HOME. Felt great.

Status
Not open for further replies.